10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Biggest? Overwatch.

Smallest? Starcraft.

Most Over-hyped? Hearthstone.

Most Popular/Famous? World Of Warcraft.

Least Popular? Diablo.

This is true. Don't say it isn't. :/
    Tbh. i would rank SC/Diablo and HOTS at bottom of Blizzard games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

WoW brings in the most money, though it's VERY Underrated. Which is rather Upsetting, since only Blizzard remember's people OTHER than Arthas when at Blizzcon.

Starcraft's fanbase is the lowest, though it's more popular than that of Diablo.

Hearthstone is too Over-hyped. It's a card game...like...jesus. It's not even Warcraft.

Overwatch has the most Players, but it's almost as boring as Diablo in most cases. It's only fun for the first few hours. :/ After that, you're better off playing Team Fortress.

Diablo isn't even showing up this Blizzcon. RiP.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW brings in the most money, though it's VERY Underrated. Which is rather Upsetting, since only Blizzard remember's people OTHER than Arthas when at Blizzcon.

Starcraft's fanbase is the lowest, though it's more popular than that of Diablo.

Hearthstone is too Over-hyped. It's a card game...like...jesus. It's not even Warcraft.

Overwatch has the most Players, but it's almost as boring as Diablo in most cases. It's only fun for the first few hours. :/ After that, you're better off playing Team Fortress.

Diablo isn't even showing up this Blizzcon. RiP.
    Pretty sure WoW isn't bringing the most money anymore for a few years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    How is hearthstone over-hyped?
    It's a Card Game. Think of Pokemon, but with Warcraft characters, and...cards....

Rather over-hyped, even with all of the videos on WoWhead's channel. Hell, there's more Lich King hype NOW, than there was back when Wrath was a thing. And Wrath was a WoW Expansion, it was the CANON Thing, and the Lich King was a REAL beatable Villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Pretty sure WoW isn't bringing the most money anymore for a few years now.
    Pretty sure it is? Didn't they back this up, even with WoD's failure?

Forgot the link, but I know they said that.

I'd like Over-watch a little more, had they focused less on the Lore. It's okay to bring SOME Story on the characters, but don't give me a reason to care on fucking Bastion. Idc about Mei, idc about Tracer, idc about them all. I kill them ayway. I kill them to win a game. You don't need all of that lore. And, if they do need it, make it SOMEWHAT Comical in SOME cases, like TFT.

Hell, CoD doesn't have that much lore, and that's the most milked FPS out there.

I'm not sure what it being a card game has to do with it being over-hyped.

They just the right amount of hyping because they have expansions for it every 4 months like any other card games. It requires more hype but again, for a card game, that makes the suitable amount.
    Yeah, cause Un'goro, a lvl 40 Zone in Kalimdor, is something to be hyped about. Meanwhile, the Legion's a big thing right now. They killed Varian, we're fighting them at Antorus, they created the LK and shit? But, NOPE! Gotta have Jaina skins, and Arthas. RIGHT?! -_-

And no, I don't call HoTS an actual Blizz Game. Seems more like a Dota 2/LoL Reboot to me.

Deleted
    Then what? The most # of players or the most money made?

If you're just going to sit there and bitch about everyone else having the discussion you're free to fuck off.
    Who cares about players if it doesn't also mean more money? Do WoW trial accounts mean anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a Card Game. Think of Pokemon, but with Warcraft characters, and...cards....

Rather over-hyped, even with all of the videos on WoWhead's channel. Hell, there's more Lich King hype NOW, than there was back when Wrath was a thing. And Wrath was a WoW Expansion, it was the CANON Thing, and the Lich King was a REAL beatable Villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure it is? Didn't they back this up, even with WoD's failure?

Forgot the link, but I know they said that.

I'd like Over-watch a little more, had they focused less on the Lore. It's okay to bring SOME Story on the characters, but don't give me a reason to care on fucking Bastion. Idc about Mei, idc about Tracer, idc about them all. I kill them ayway. I kill them to win a game. You don't need all of that lore. And, if they do need it, make it SOMEWHAT Comical in SOME cases, like TFT.

Hell, CoD doesn't have that much lore, and that's the most milked FPS out there.
    Not sure where i saw it, some where on these forums.
    Anyways, looking at how LoL is making just as much if not more then WoW just by having a cashshop and Overwatch having the same thing. I'm pretty sure overwatch will surpass WoW by far with the money :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Definitely not. Overwatch is their jewel now.
    Not anymore. Overwatch droped in popularity like lot. Huge amounth of people quit due to matchmaking, terrible balancing, boring meta and toxic community.

Anyways, looking at how LoL is making just as much if not more then WoW just by having a cashshop and Overwatch having the same thing. I'm pretty sure overwatch will surpass WoW by far with the money :P
    You do relize lol is bigger than anything blizz has to offer combiend?

15+ Year Old Account
    Care for anyone to catch me up on how big Overwatch has become? Since i don't follow the game at all. It seems it surpassed WoW by far by all of your reactions!
    30 million players as of April (box sales / inflated by paying PC Bang users). Reported to still be growing with a recent record peak concurrent player count. Of course being on both console and PC is huge.

At least one of the new game projects "incubating" at Blizzard is based on the Overwatch IP, though it remains to be seen if/when any of those incubator games will see the light of day.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-10-13 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not the OP, I don't know how he wanted to define it. I still don't know why you're just in here bitching about people having a discussion. Like I said, you're free to fuck off.
    I asked for evidence.

Overwatch will make a ton of money, but that's due to it being an FPS.

All FPS's are >>>> Than MMO's.

But, WoW has a HUGE Rep. It'll make more money. Ik it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Not anymore. Overwatch droped in popularity like lot. Huge amounth of people quit due to matchmaking, terrible balancing, boring meta and toxic community.
    Not according to the third party revenue reports. It's only grown in the last couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    30 million players as of April (box sales / inflated by paying PC Bang users). Reported to still be growing with a recent record peak concurrent player count. Of course being on both console and PC is huge.

At least one of the new game projects "incubating" at Blizzard is based on the Overwatch IP, though it remains to be seen if/when anyou of those incubator games will see the light of day.
    By that logic Diablo 3 should be bigger than overwatch

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Violetti View Post
    By that logic Diablo 3 should be bigger than overwatch
    Diablo isn't even making it into the charts of top grossing games this year, though. Overwatch has gone from #10 PC / #8 console in June to #8 PC and #6 console in August. That's top grossing online games worldwide.

Deleted
    nah its a living fossil

Without a doubt WoW still brings in the most "Revenue", while the profit margins may be bigger in other games.

I honestly don't understand why anyone would care about this though? Blizzard makes great games, that lots of people enjoy. Who cares which game is the biggest? All this info is used for, is to be thrown at people who support it.

"WoW is a failure, its tanking, (insert game name here) makes more money than WoW, it's dying."

That is the only thing I've seen come from these kinds of discussions, and its never factual data thrown around, only their "feels".

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I asked for evidence.
    I would assume that sales would be the only evidence here. WoW can continue box sales every 1.5 to 2 years. Day 1 sales for legion comparing positively to past expansions would mean that WoW is still a huge moneymaker, but also has huge potential future earnings for boxes.

So if you want to know how WoW is doing, day 1 sales relative to previous expansions is a good metric and though it may be taken with a grain of salt, should let you know where the game stands.

If you can sell 10 million boxes for 50 dollars every 1.5 years, and then get 15 dollars a month from between 100 and 30% of that userbase every month, plus sales of in game items, WoW gold(which can be used to buy other games, and which pays Blizzard more than simply buying with cash), level boosts and other in game services, I would be surprised to find out exactly how much money WoW is making, but I would suspect that it is quite a monumental amount irregardless of other successful IPs.

Also, one crazy thing I've seen in this thread is the promotion of overwatch by claiming other IPs are being developed around it(as if that is a bonus to overwatch). What do they think Hearthstone spawned from, lol?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-10-13 at 06:50 PM.

I'd say the biggest franchise is still World of Warcraft but the most profitable is definitely Overwatch. WoW isn't their cash cow anymore, Overwatch is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Definitely not. Overwatch is their jewel now.
    Agreed. I think Hearthstone started taking over, but then Overwatch came in and shoved WoW completely out of the way.

I'd say that WoW is probably a second tier game to them now along with HOTS. First tier would definitely be Hearthstone and Overwatch. Third tier would be Starcraft, Diablo, and to a lesser extent the Warcraft (non-WoW) universe. Warcraft may even be a fourth tier game, down there with The Lost Vikings in how we'll probably never see them again except for in other areas as Easter eggs.

The reality is, WoW takes more to do than Hearthstone or Overwatch. Without the loot box model in WoW, it just is going to make less money, even with the subscription price still existing. At this point, I think the only reason WoW even still exists is because it probably pays for itself with the sub cost, something that is going away in most MMOs.