Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Question Why aren't there Wrath and Catacylsm Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge raid achieves?

There's verifiable proof right there in the Achievement Date.

I think this is long overdue and a super easy fix that would be a welcome addition by many veteran raiders.

Thoughts?

That's a good point. Even though the achievements didn't exist back then, they could definitely add them relatively easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    While achievements started at the end of BC we did not get the first Ahead of the Curve achievement until MoP. Cutting Edge started with WoD and Mythic raids.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO it is mostly irrelevant at this point.

What? Add this just to enhance the bragging experience?
    "Hey bro, I killed Madness when it was current!"
    "Sure"
    "Seriously, look at this achieve, I was a professional!"
    "Nice"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    There's verifiable proof right there in the Achievement Date.

I think this is long overdue and a super easy fix that would be a welcome addition by many veteran raiders.

Thoughts?
    How do you propose blizzard determine first kill dates for achieves that didn't exist and thus didn't have tracking on the data, and apply them to millions of characters that may or may not still exist?

Blizzard were going through a time where they clearly were undecided on the idea, given that Naxx had them (Glory of the Raider), while Ulduar and TOTC only had server first achievements and Icecrown had neither. After Naxx the mount achievements were no longer seasonal, and after TOTGC there was no more server first title.

I don't necessarily think they are a good thing, the content gets easier over time anyway to the point where you're not even remotely doing the same fight as the guys who killed it first, both in terms of the overall gear level of the raid and in terms of all the nerfs that get applied to content. Like for example people were getting their first kills of Archimonde Mythic while utilising full on speed kill strategies that allowed them to negate entire mechanics through brute force dps given to them by inflated gear ilvls (Legendary ring weekly upgrades, + 10 ilvl upgrade system from valor and continuous gear farming).

Surely I think the kill date is quite enough, without needing to add pointless achievements for people to get a bigger hardon for something they did over half a decade ago.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

In Wrath and Cata there were world first feats of strength for most things, which I'm guessing was replaced by AotC and cutting edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    While achievements started at the end of BC we did not get the first Ahead of the Curve achievement until MoP. Cutting Edge started with WoD and Mythic raids.
    Cutting Edge started in MoP - http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...of-the-emperor

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    IMO it is mostly irrelevant at this point.

What? Add this just to enhance the bragging experience?
    "Hey bro, I killed Madness when it was current!"
    "Sure"
    "Seriously, look at this achieve, I was a professional!"
    "Nice"
    I think it's an incredibly easy fix for a minor oversight. There's verifiable proof, so all the achievement has to do is check for it being within the time frame. Why mock what doesn't matter? This is a uniformity addition. Since there's literal dates on the achievements dating back to Wrath, there should be corresponding AoTC/CE achievements for each raid. What's wrong with that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    How do you propose blizzard determine first kill dates for achieves that didn't exist and thus didn't have tracking on the data, and apply them to millions of characters that may or may not still exist?
    If you would've read the title, you'd have realized the achieves do exist, and the dates on them are verifiable proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    In Wrath and Cata there were world first feats of strength for most things, which I'm guessing was replaced by AotC and cutting edge.
    Do you mean Server-first achieves? AoTC and CE represent killing a boss within a certain time frame, not world or server first.
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2017-10-14 at 04:03 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    blizz always talked about having achieves that bragged that you did the content while it was current, so its good that we have them now.

adding them back to old raids doesnt sound like a bad idea. its just that the content is super old now tho. And that means if anyone is comparing their achievements with yours, and are specifically looking at old raids, they probably know by the dates that you did it in that time frame (rather than needing a brand new ach to scream it at them.)
    It is nice for keeping track tho.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    blizz always talked about having achieves that bragged that you did the content while it was current, so its good that we have them now.

adding them back to old raids doesnt sound like a bad idea. its just that the content is super old now tho. And that means if anyone is comparing their achievements with yours, and are specifically looking at old raids, they probably know by the dates that you did it in that time frame (rather than needing a brand new ach to scream it at them.)
    It is nice for keeping track tho.

I mean, it's really insignificant stuff, but it's not hurting anyone. It's a super, tiny nod to veteran raiders of Wrath and Cata. I don't see why it shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Of all the insignificant things to think about... this is what you set your mind to think on? Kinda pathetic, tbh. Genuinely, who actually cares a great deal about this? It means nothing. It's irrelevant content and you'd only want the achievements to try brag about something people won't even give a shit about.

Even as someone that would get them, if they added them in, I could not think of something I give less of a shit about with regards to WoW... The game has far more pressing issues than someone wanting to try extend their irrelevant ePeen with irrelevant achievements.

If nothing else, you literally already have the achievements. All people need do is look at the date. But then, they'd have to actually give enough of a shit to look. Never mind you actually needing a reason to show it in the first place.

Achievements were a bad idea in the first place, imo.

*yells up at you on your horse* I understand your disdain for achievements, but what exactly is wrong with making a verifiable uniformity as it pertains to this specific type of achievement?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it wasn't an idea then. And it wouldn't be needed to ad them now, for that would be too late.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    That's a good point. Even though the achievements didn't exist back then, they could definitely add them relatively easily.
    achives came out in bc bro

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    achives came out in bc bro
    Technically yes, but it was with the pre-patch for Wrath if I remember right, and even then not everyone got proper credit for things they had previously done.

To answer your question: Because it's irrelevant.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a non-issue. Nobody in the game is experiencing problems because of not having the Curve/CE achievement. If Blizzard ever give you this, kiss their boot, because some devs proberly did some free work a weekend, because Blizzard will NOT pay people to do this...It gives nothing and might even pat the back of elitists.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Because it wasn't an idea then. And it wouldn't be needed to ad them now, for that would be too late.
    It's never to late to correct oversights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    To answer your question: Because it's irrelevant.
    It's just an oversight. Relevancy has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This is a non-issue. Nobody in the game is experiencing problems because of not having the Curve/CE achievement. If Blizzard ever give you this, kiss their boot, because some devs proberly did some free work a weekend, because Blizzard will NOT pay people to do this...It gives nothing and might even pat the back of elitists.
    Never said anyone was experiencing problems or that it was an issue. It's just an oversight that could be corrected very, very easily.

doesnt this game cater enough to raiders?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    It's never to late to correct oversights.

It's just an oversight. Relevancy has nothing to do with it.
    Is an oversight though? They effectively had this with Naxx, but took it out for later Wrath.

I'd also say that the gear curves back then were a bit different, and the max difficulty of the game a bit lower, so I'm not sure it's a great fit. I mean, and I say that as someone who would have some (possibly all of the Wrath ones, I forget) of these, on my US account anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Garybear View Post
    doesnt this game cater enough to raiders?
    This is the slightest change ever. Literally just an achievement update for uniformity. Don't get so bent out of shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Is an oversight though? They effectively had this with Naxx, but took it out for later Wrath.

I'd also say that the gear curves back then were a bit different, and the max difficulty of the game a bit lower, so I'm not sure it's a great fit. I mean, and I say that as someone who would have some (possibly all of the Wrath ones, I forget) of these, on my US account anyway.
    I believe so, yes. When they created AoTC/CE in MoP, it should have been retroactive for all verifiable achievements. It's obviously impossible for them to do Classic/TBC's, but Wrath/Cata have verifiable proof.