Poll: $1,000,000 USD for 4 Rounds... With Mike Tyson.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    Well I think this will hurt allot more then a random streetlight if he's able to hook you

- - - Updated - - -

Pain in the act is never the issue unless you get your ear bitten off
    Hehe yeah i bet it would, though hes not been in a fight for 12 years, does he still train and stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hehe yeah i bet it would, though hes not been in a fight for 12 years, does he still train and stuff?
    I doubt he does but even then, what does he know besides boxing? Just break he's f*cking kneecap and ask him to wire the money. You'll be fine

I doubt he does but even then, what does he know besides boxing? Just break he's f*cking kneecap and ask him to wire the money. You'll be fine
    Maby slip something in his water to even the odds Nah but if anything would be allowed it would be hell of alot easier, i have no experience in just boxing and he have shit ton of it but i bet he's abit rusty if he dont train anymore.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-10-14 at 01:50 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think this will hurt allot more then a random streetlight if he's able to hook you

- - - Updated - - -

Pain in the act is never the issue unless you get your ear bitten off
    well, that bus knocked me on my ass, but not out. I was coherent enough to yell at the driver until I got free bus fare for the day(I probably had a concussion or three)
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Yea, like mcgregor vs mayweather. oh wait.. after 12 rounds mcgregor looked like he'd been fighting a rhino and mayweather looked like he could go another 12 lol.
    Mayweather is the epitome of a defensive boxer though, he doesn't expend very much energy, wears you down, and then wins through points or a TKO after you're jelly.

Bursty boxers will burn out just as fast as McGregor did.

OT: I have a rare condition where I have extremely high bone density. http://www.the-scientist.com/?articl...densest-bones/ I'm not one of the people mentioned here, but it's the same condition. My doctor told me I could get hit by a car going 50 kph and I wouldn't have anything broken, most likely.

Not to sound like an uptight twat, but Tyson would hit me and probably break himself.
    Last edited by Zethras; 2017-10-14 at 02:37 AM.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    He would put you on the ground with one punch or so to the lower back. You want to risk losing a kidney? Or one punch to the back of the head would do it.
    if the strategy is allowed and doesn't get me disqualified, it might be a risk id be willing to take. we are talking about an experienced professional boxer here after all who is unlikely to hit you like that by accident. if he does it on purpose, he gets disqualified (different then a TKO thus allowed per the OPs rules).

it would depend a lot on whether after the referee calls a restart of the fight for me not facing him, if you start more then an arms length away from him. he would have a hard time explaining it was an accident starting that far apart, but not if you start within striking distance.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-10-14 at 02:49 AM.

If it were an MMA Match it would definitely be possible. 5’6 1/2 light middleweight vs 5’9 heavyweight with no mma training and far past his prime? I think I’d have a shot especially since I’d be way more agile+mma training.

However if it were boxing, not a chance. Not a fucking chance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For sure I'd try it. I'd just dance around and hug him at times.

Give him the old Mayweather Special.

I could do it, i played enough punch out to know his pattern....

Couldn't I just lie on the floor for those 4 rounds? I just need to be conscious on the fourth round, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me see ... he's a good six years younger than I am and recently had to be in some sort of shape for filming Yip Man 3. According to Donnie Yen, it seems he can still throw a punch:

“Renowned as a world boxing champion, we all know how powerful Mike Tyson’s punches are, hundreds of pounds of force. Fighting with him meant a lot of pressure. A lapse of concentration would get me knocked down. In one scene his hook came extremely fast, though I ducked swiftly I still felt the blow flipping my hair.”
    Source: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/vaul...yson-vs-ip-man (Youtube is blocked here but there may be a link to the fight scene in that article)

Apparently Tyson was punching hard enough to get injured on set, getting a finger fractured when Yen blocked with his elbow.

I'd do it. The illusory offer of money wouldn't be the point -- I'd get to be in the ring with Mike Tyson! How the heck could I say no to that? I spent more than 30 years in martial arts, I miss the matches and competitions. The chance to get in the ring with Tyson -- even past his prime and retired -- would be the sort of thing that most people don't get to do in their entire lifetime.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by SealMemeSix View Post
    I would pay a million dollars to watch you skinny keyboard warriors get destroyed by Mike Tyson in <1 round.
    I smell PPV event. Do you think BlizzCon would let use the arena?

You would almost certainly be knocked out or worse if you aren't a boxer in which case you get nothing but a potentially serious injury. Not sure why so many people are voting yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure.
    I can run for four rounds. I guarantee I can run faster scared, than he can angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    don't think he'd beat up a girl that's like a fraction his size.
    Tell that to Robin Givens...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Depends - 4 rounds of what ?

Beers - then I'm all in.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I thought there would be at least a thousands votes on "nope but can I watch?" knowing our popcorn habits but fuck me sir we got more "yes" than "no". He would wipe the fucking floor with almost all of us in 10secs max.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not. If I lose I get some sleep. If I win I get a million bucks.

He'd probably whoop my out-of-shape ass three ways from Sunday, even at his age.
    * do you want to have a bad time?

Relevant:

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Nobody here could go 4 rounds with Tyson.

If the payout were guaranteed on KO, then sure, I'd do it.

But required to last 4 rounds? Not a damn chance.