Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

People caught carrying acid twice in public could face a minimum of 6 months in jail

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-10-14/p...onths-in-jail/

People who are caught twice with corrosive substances in public will automatically face a prison sentence of at least six months under government proposals to counter the threat of acid attacks.

The Home Office proposals form part of a drive to tackle the recent spike in acid attacks in the UK.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd also announced at the Conservative Party conference that shops will no longer be able to sell acids to people under 18. She said: "Acid attacks are absolutely revolting.

"You have all seen the pictures of victims who never fully recover - endless surgeries, lives ruined."

Assaults using corrosive substances have more than doubled in England since 2012.

Under the new legislation an individual caught possessing a corrosive substance would have to prove they had good reason for carrying it.

The approach will be modelled on a system rolled out in 2015 for offenders repeatedly caught with knives.

The punishment is at least six months' imprisonment for adults, while young offenders face a minimum four-month detention and training order.

Police figures show there were 408 attacks using corrosive substances between November 2016 and April this year.

Home Secretary Amber Rudd said: "All forms of violent crime are totally unacceptable, which is why we are taking action to restrict access to offensive weapons and crack down on those who carry acids with the intent to do harm."
    I completely agree with this, do you?

If you don't have a valid reason, I'm fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    Good, teaches them to get it done right on the first try.

Or you know you could just not import such cultures in the first place instead of removing the freedom of everyone. You imported them you have to deal with their culture #Multiculturalismworks

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you carry around acid to throw at people, you should be required to drink it. However hope people who legitimately need to have acid on them for what I don't know for get caught up in this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Im pretty sure getting caught with acid once gets you prison....oh that kind of acid... Right, yeh that also seems reasonable.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    The freedom to carry acid around in public for no reason...

Luckily we don't have a constitution that says it's a basic right because of something that happened a few hundred years ago.
    Its still removing freedom from natives for no good reason just because the invaders cant leave their culture at home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Or you know you could just not import such cultures in the first place instead of removing the freedom of everyone. You imported them you have to deal with their culture #Multiculturalismworks
    You're aware white people are doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, the stuff should have a legal limit on it anyways, like most other protected stuff. I mean in that if you purchase it, you should have to hand over forms of ID, and also provide some form of evidence of who you work for or such (construction companies and whatnot). The average joe really doesn't need any of the serious stuff for any reason that I can think of.
    Hydrochloric Acid is used in home swimming pools a lot and that is some extremely potent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're aware white people are doing this?
    99% Musselmans. Stop spreading fakenews.

Only white people (very rare) who do this are copycats to get fame.

Deleted

Oh I see you're mentally unhinged, apologies

10+ Year Old Account

You mean like shooting up a church, or a outside venue where a concert is taking place?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Oh I see you're mentally unhinged, apologies
    Remove migrants from middle east (and africa) and you remove a lot of western societies crimes and problems like FGM and acid attacks. Its facts. Sorry bro.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-10-14 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Hydrochloric Acid is used in home swimming pools a lot and that is some extremely potent stuff.
    Yup, though a law like this will mostly just prevent pool owners from managing their own pool's Ph levels, meaning they'd need to hire someone to come over and do it. I wonder what percentage of the population owns pools...and doesn't already employ a pool keeper of some fashion? Might be a good time to get into the business!
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, the stuff should have a legal limit on it anyways, like most other protected stuff. I mean in that if you purchase it, you should have to hand over forms of ID, and also provide some form of evidence of who you work for or such (construction companies and whatnot). The average joe really doesn't need any of the serious stuff for any reason that I can think of.
    I have various strong acids in the garage. I have used them for purposes ranging from restoring old automotive components to cleaning old mortar off of bricks, I don't do any of these things professionally, so the idea of showing who you work for is silly. If someone wanted acid bad enough they could always get it from an old car battery limits beyond age really don't serve much purpose.

I hope the law does have some stipulations such as if you have a recent receipt and the container is still sealed you are ok, otherwise you couldn't buy and and bring it hope for legitimate reasons.
    Last edited by Utinil; 2017-10-14 at 06:08 PM.

Why is it only after the second time. It's always some stupid restriction like this that causes problems in the end. Oh, your child has gone missing? Sorry, we can't search for him until he's gone for 24 hours. Oh, you're carrying dangerous acids around in public? It's just the first time, you're free to go. The authorities need to act IMMEDIATELY when stuff like this happens. Not after some arbitrary amount of time has passed.

I think this law is utterly pointless and a typical facebook "look we are doing something" law. How many people have been caught running around with acid (unless they come from the DIY store)?
    It's a do or don't thing, you don't run around with a bottle of acid because you might use it today, you have it with you because you want to use it that day and the chance that you get controlled (actually twice) right before the act is close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yup, though a law like this will mostly just prevent pool owners from managing their own pool's Ph levels, meaning they'd need to hire someone to come over and do it. I wonder what percentage of the population owns pools...and doesn't already employ a pool keeper of some fashion? Might be a good time to get into the business!
    I own a pool and take care of it myself. Pool care is expensive if you hire it done.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2017-10-14 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Why is it only after the second time. It's always some stupid restriction like this that causes problems in the end. Oh, your child has gone missing? Sorry, we can't search for him until he's gone for 24 hours. Oh, you're carrying dangerous acids around in public? It's just the first time, you're free to go. The authorities need to act IMMEDIATELY when stuff like this happens. Not after some arbitrary amount of time has passed.
    The missing 24 hours thing is a myth.

Marijuana is a dangerous substance and should be controlled.

Oh this thread is about sulphuric acid? That is fine to carry around.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson