Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Gay Coffee Shop Owner Appears on Radio to Defend Kicking Out Anti Abortion Activists

Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep I’d tolerate it. I feel the same way towards Trump voters.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

How does he know they are Christians? (i dont feel like watching that video)

Lets be real there is only 1 reason he wants to do this and that is to set apart his hipster coffee shop from the other hundred or so on his street plus free publicity!

If i ran a business then i wouldnt care if you was a fucking alien as long as your credit card is accepted and your money aint fake cause iam in the business of making money!

Deleted
    Did they want a Christian themed latte?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Why would some gay dude care about anti-abortion flyers?

Seems like a dumb comparison. There's a huge difference between handing out anti-abortion fliers and being gay.

Also, they weren't kicked out for being christian.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2017-10-15 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    "Because they offend me!"
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Deleted
    Gay Coffee Shop Owner
    It's not clear if the owner is gay, or the coffee shop is. I suppose a gay coffee shop would not be about sexual orientation, but about culture, complete with feathers and glitter, structured around a set of monolithic ideas, like support for abortion or something.

Quote Originally Posted by madeupname666 View Post

Lets be real there is only 1 reason he wants to do this and that is to set apart his hipster coffee shop from the other hundred or so on his street plus free publicity!

If i ran a business then i wouldnt care if you was a fucking alien as long as your credit card is accepted and your money aint fake cause iam in the business of making money!
    And publicity is a very easy way to generate more money.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

You really should, it has the entirety of the original incident and at least most of the radio follow up. I have yet to see an unedited version of the radio part, so it may be all of it, but cannot directly confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    And publicity is a very easy way to generate more money.
    If you are in the business of running a hipster cafe then i can see why he is doing this cause these days these coffee shops are ten a penny so they need to stand out from the crowd and what better than creating controversy!

I support both the bakers and the cafe owner. Private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone. If refusing service means bad yelp reviews and less income then it's their loss.

I watched the video and the coffee store owner is a huge douche.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-10-15 at 11:00 AM.

being christian's a choice. being denied access for choosing to follow a religion is ok with me.

whole lot of migrants that i think should be denied access to the country for their beliefs too.

If you are in the business of running a hipster cafe then i can see why he is doing this cause these days these coffee shops are ten a penny so they need to stand out from the crowd and what better than creating controversy!
    Controversy has always been a very cheap and quick way to get noticed. It's advertising that you don't need to pay for.

He's totally fine to do that, any private business owner is. Fact is it's their own risk - either is works and pays off or they alienate everyone and lose money.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

why would a normal person go in a gay coffee shop in the first place, might catch aids /rollseyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I’d be cool with this if we could ban anyone we wanted from our businesses too.

Deleted
    Here's my thoughts on this. On the one hand I do believe shop owners need to have the right to refuse service to whoever they want to. But there's no way you can have that without discrimination based on sexuality, or race or other things. Because if the shop owner gets to decide who he serves and who he doesn't, you're inevitably gonna end up with discrimination based on race or sexuality. So pick your cancer.

I have no tolerance for people who deny science, believe in fairies and are responsible for the death of thousands.

The religious are disgusting, and we should root them out and banish them. They hinder progress, rape chlidren, manipulate politics, and sow words of violence and death.

I applaud this man and I wish more would learn from his example. Remember, these people have been trying to take power away from the reasoned mind for generations. If they were in control, it would be illegal not to pray and stoning gays would be acceptable.

Drive these wretches from your home.

Here's my thoughts on this. On the one hand I do believe shop owners need to have the right to refuse service to whoever they want to. But there's no way you can have that without discrimination based on sexuality, or race or other things. Because if the shop owner gets to decide who he serves and who he doesn't, you're inevitably gonna end up with discrimination based on race or sexuality. So pick your cancer.
    So in other words you are a racist alt-right bigot Nazi? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, no Youtube behind the Great Firewall. On the other hand: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...le-coffee-sho/

The 52-year-old owner said that his full exchange with the activists included one of the activists denying that graphic anti-abortion materials were their own.

Mr. Borgman also said that anti-abortion imagery was hidden within his shop.

“They were ready with that camera,” the owner wrote. “I was baptized Catholic, Roman Catholic actually, I’ve been to a few bible studies, read the entire book, more than once. To my understanding, and to speak in the religious vernacular; these people are working for Satan. The great trickster has deluded them into believing that hate is love, that rage is peace, and that lies are truth. The God I knew, the Jesus I was taught about would absolutely never ever print a poster with a hideous dead baby representation at ‘what was clearly meant to insinuate’ at the hands of gays … suffice to the say the poster was gross, and the text on the back? Holy cow, whoever wrote that is in a lot of pain. I spoke to them in their own language.”
    Without getting drawn into the rather obviously banned topics of sexuality and religion, I think this does raise an interesting question about staged incidents to use media as a tool in promoting particular views. It seems to be a tactic deployed with increasing frequency across a range of stances and issues.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.