I love WoW, because it allows me to see precisely how toxic people are in an instant.

The title isn't sarcastic, WoW has good and bad things. But it allows me to test and see what people think, unfiltered, due to "anonimity" (hint, your address is public) and so, much is to be learned, but man it sure makes me mad at times.

We're not talking about threats or swearing or anything.

We're talking about being human and that goes with being nothing more than an animal that responds to things such as egos being hurt.

I've gathered a lot of data through my play time and realized that if you dare say something against the general consensus, for example:

Leader keeps inviting people after each boss in ToS fresh, from his guild, making us wait 5 mins between each boss for absolutely nothing, to make his juniors take loot.

So I say exactly this "Can you stop inviting your friends 'cause it's 3 AM and we're wasting time?" at which they go OOK-OOK and start throwing bananas.

A few bosses go by and I'm on ~1.1-1.2mil DPS on each boss, more or less. Way more than needed, but everyone else is super geared, so I'm amongst the last spots.

Then they just kick me "too low DPS", there were lower people.

Point is and this applies to you too, because you'd also do this if you were """offended""", so really this thread is more of a "can you guys stop being 8 years olds?":

Don't say anything against anyone, ever, we are simple animals, just mind your own business and let bad things happen, there's nothing you can do. No one likes criticism, especially the people who say they do.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Grow some thicker skin. People are going to kick into you in real life far worse.

lol

Another "woe is me, I couldn't possibly have done anything wrong, even though I detail in my own post that I was being confrontational with the raid leader" story. These are always entertaining.

TLDR : i voiced an unpopular opinion vs a guild in a raid, i got booted, usual result if you're expendable keep your mouth shut and get on with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you say somethin about the majority of the raid, dont be suprised when the majority of raid decides to kick you
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    "I know you're carrying my ass for free but could you please do it faster BabyRage"

Deleted
    I share this feeling, I almost never go out so the only possibility to offend me is the game I play. I simply stopped playing MMORPGs and only interact with 2D figures - its a true blessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barabasr View Post
    Grow some thicker skin. People are going to kick into you in real life far worse.
    In this case, this is true. This is the mildest case of "toxic people" in WoW ever. I mean, it's so mild that it's kind of adorable.

But in a broad sense, this is not true for all WoW interactions unless you know a lot of sociopaths. Behavior online, especially in random groups in WoW, is probably worse than sociopaths in real life - at least sociopaths have to weigh the practical consequences of their actions. There are very few, if any, of those consequences online - and Blizzard in particular gave up on policing player behavior somewhere around Cataclysm.

We've allowed shitty behavior to be normalized, and have turned standing up for oneself into "pussy" behavior.

The scum won. Just learn to ignore it as best you can, as it's not going to change for the better any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barabasr View Post
    You must live in an amazingly shitty place if it's worse than your average online game chat lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    We've allowed shitty behavior to be normalized, and have turned standing up for oneself into "pussy" behavior.

The scum won. Just learn to ignore it as best you can.
    Mmmm, somehow griefers and trolls, the bottom rung of online game society, are now a real life social movement.

Nuke it from orbit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Before group finder destroyed the social aspect of the game, assholes quickly became outcasts as people actually knew each other. Word of ninja looters immediately spread across the server in just an hour or two, and people weren't so keen to kick people from raids for no reason when replacement was harder than just pressing queue.
    I miss those days where the difference in attitude between pugs and guild runs was much smaller.

Uhhh....

Okay?

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, I gotta fight this: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=256544/end-of-all-things

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about that. WoW is very good for my confidence given all the compliments I get.

Quote Originally Posted by cocacolawheresthesoda View Post
    Snip
    Chances are you getting kicked had nothing to do with your DPS output. You were likely soaking a lot of damage, which in my old guild's runs got the majority of puggers kicked. Granted we gave them a pull or 2 to stop "standing in fire".

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Chances are you getting kicked had nothing to do with your DPS output. You were likely soaking a lot of damage, which in my old guild's runs got the majority of puggers kicked. Granted we gave them a pull or 2 to stop "standing in fire".
    it's tomb of soakgeras the whole raid is about "standing in the fire"

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    it's tomb of soakgeras the whole raid is about "standing in the fire"
    I agree, but if you are leading the DPS with damage taken, you are doing something wrong in 99% of fights. It's easy to tell with any DPS meter, Recount will show what damage everyone is taking and you can just mouse over to see what is causing damage.

Your fault for speaking out lol. If you've been pugging long enough you will know the best thing to do is keep your mouth shut and go along or leave.

carry me faster, you bums
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

I don't think you'd survive another game. Wow is incredible non-toxic, and sensitive people are everywhere just looking for an excuse to report you.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is in the wrong section to start with, and doesn't exactly have a topic but is more a general rant aimed at other people for vague reasons. Closing this here.

CLOSED.