Page 1 of 23
... LastLast

Japan accepted just three refugees in the first half of 2017

Japan accepted just three refugees in the first half of 2017 despite receiving a record 8,561 fresh asylum applications, the government said on Tuesday, highlighting the nation's reluctance to accept foreigners.

Only four refugees were accepted in the first half of 2016, when fresh asylum applications totaled 5,011, the Justice Ministry said. Human Rights Watch in January described Japan's record on asylum seekers as “abysmal”.

Unlike other industrialised nations, which have accepted or even encouraged immigration to refresh their labour force, Japan has remained unwelcoming, even though its shrinking, ageing population is a key reason behind the economy's slow growth.

Supporters of Japan's tough asylum process argue that the small number accepted is a consequence of a surge in bogus applications due to changes made to rules in 2010 allowing applicants to work after six months until a decision is made on their claims.

“There appears to have been an increase in the number of people who are abusing the refugee status process,” said Yasuhiro Hishida, an official who reviews applications at the Justice Ministry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7980586.html

Good on Japan! Other countries should take after them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because Japan is shirking it's responsibility doesn't mean Europe and the U.S. should as well. We all have our role to play. Do the right thing.

Also, why are you so angry against refugees who have lost everything Daneman? That's not cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wish Norway would have done the same as Japan
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Just because Japan is shirking it's responsibility doesn't mean Europe and the U.S. should as well. We all have our role to play. Do the right thing.

Also, why are you so angry against refugees who have lost everything Daneman? That's not cool.
    Japan isn't obligated to take in anybody. Nobody is.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

countries shouldn't feel obligated to take on other country's people.

Apparently Japan isn't retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Apparently Japan isn't retarded.
    Yeah, okay.

Could you explain this "responsibility"?

10+ Year Old Account

Exactly what 'responsibility' is Japan shirking? Be specific, and lets see the evidence to back up your claim.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I seriously wonder where do you people find the time to obsesses over this one thing. The Refugee Obsession Disorder, I'll call it ROD. It's not like reasonable arguments will ever change your mind.

Ah again a thread in which Americans will come say that migrants are dangerous, that country that accept them are cucks...The usual gig. And presumably ''they are there to steal your wumin''.

What is the ideal for you ? Someone holed up in a shack in Alabama firing with a shotgun at anyone coming next to him to preserve his racial purity ? Because even that concept of ''village'', it's dangerously unmanly and beta cuck-I mean, you can't be sure nowadays, someone in the village next to your shack might have impure blood and his mere presence would contaminate you...
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-17 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Ah again a thread in which Americans will come say that migrants are dangerous, that country that accept them are cucks...The usual gig. And presumably ''they are there to steal your wumin''.

What is the ideal for you ? Someone holed up in a shack in Alabama firing with a shotgun at anyone coming next to him to preserve his racial purity ?
    I'm not american but countries should certainly be cautious about taking foreigners, immigrants or refugees, from groups that are causing far more problems than other groups.

15+ Year Old Account

What is the ideal for you ? Someone holed up in a shack in Alabama firing with a shotgun at anyone coming next to him to preserve his racial purity ? Because even that concept of ''village'', it's dangerously unmanly and beta cuck-I mean, you can't be sure nowadays, someone in the village next to your shack might have impure blood and his mere presence would contaminate you...
    Yeah man. The growing disdain for migrants in the EU and the ever so high popularity of far right candidates is definitely fake and the only people who hate migrants are redneck sister fuckers

Do you ever actually interact with migrants or do you live in a gated community?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I'm not american but countries should certainly be cautious about taking foreigners, immigrants or refugees, from groups that are causing far more problems than other groups.
    Yeah, except that the usual suspects hate Christian migrants from South America because they ''took low skilled jobs'', they hate skilled migrants from Asia ''because they took skilled jobs'', they hate migrants from the Middle East and Africa ''for being leeches' and MAGAboys get in convulsions if anyone of those groups is ever seen talking to a ''white wumin''

The only job they find acceptable for foreigners is stripper or prostitute, MAGAboys being a-okay with interacial sex if they are doing it.

Yeah, except that the usual suspects hate Christian migrants from South America because they ''took low skilled jobs'', they hate skilled migrants from Asia ''because they took skilled jobs'', they hate migrants from the Middle East and Africa ''for being leeches' and MAGAboys get in convulsions if anyone of those groups is ever seen talking to a ''white wumin''

The only job they find acceptable for foreigners is stripper or prostitute, MAGAboys being a-okay with interacial sex if they are doing it.
    Usual suspects? I don't even know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Yeah man. The growing disdain for migrants in the EU and the ever so high popularity of far right candidates is definitely fake and the only people who hate migrants are redneck sister fuckers

Do you ever actually interact with migrants or do you live in a gated community?
    Well, actully, in Europe, they pretend they are against migrants because they are not working and of a dangerous religion. MAGAboys who squeak about refugees say the exact same thing about Mexicans (I know it can enter the thick skull of MAGAboys, but catholic ''non aryan'' still counts as catholic)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Yeah, okay.
    "gasps" Are you trying to say they are?

Kidding.

If Japan doesn't want to take many in why should they? They have no responsibility to anyone...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, actully, in Europe, they pretend they are against migrants because they are not working and of a dangerous religion. MAGAboys who squeak about refugees say the exact same thing about Mexicans (I know it can enter the thick skull of MAGAboys, but catholic ''non aryan'' still counts as catholic)
    Your basis for any of these thoughts are...? hearsay and echo chambers on twitter and/or r/politics or actual experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Your basis for any of these thoughts are...? hearsay and echo chambers on twitter and/or r/politics or actual experience?
    You need proof to notice that it's odd to accuse Mexicans of working AND to not work at the same time ?

And I will be very blunt for MAGAboys. Like everyone here, myself included, you have 99% of chances of not being a scion from a noble family in Europe (except if you count boning the maids in the scullery). You live in America and Canada ? Your ancestors came to the New World in third class on a leaky ship, they were at best barely litterate with very limited skills beyond farming and if they were not protestants, they were seen with more hostility than Muslims are seen by Breitbart.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2017-10-17 at 03:42 AM.

Soon as I saw the thread title I knew the OP would be Daneman or Tennisace, and whichever it wasn't would be right there to be back them up, probably poster #2. And I was right. I have to wonder if they coordinate with each other.