15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah I believe he couldnt break into the first team ahead of frank lampard etc. So like all footballers who don't just want to collect a paycheck he went aboard to get experience.
    True true. Guess I wouldn't have stayed in his shoes. Turned out alright for him in the end as well. Kinda mixed feelings, glad he's doing so well but darnit why for Man City
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2017-10-17 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    True true. Guess I wouldn't have stayed in his shoes. Turned out alright for him in the end as well. Kinda mixed feelings, glad he's doing so well but darnit why for Man City
    On track for player of the year, but early days.

Hes shined early and faded later in the year before

Yeah why would a talented youth ever leave chelsea.
    More the fact that Mourinho chose to nurture Oscar, rather than De Bruyne and put him to the curb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-n...ldings-limited
    The club is officially up for sale, Ashley will apparently only sell to people that can move the club forward. His lawyer says they'd accept staggered payments. Wants a deal done before christmas. Just a shame nee fucker's going to spend the £400m he's asking for.
    And so the Vince McMahon rumours start again.

God I'd laugh so hard if he bought it.

Deleted
    I love Pochetino's style since he was training Espanyol. RM might have Casemiro back as well, so if everything goes according to what Zidane wants he'll have his dream team except for Bale and Carvajal (pity that Carvajal had to suffer that weird heart virus disease, although he is fine and should be back in November).

I'm hoping for a good Spurs, that will battle RM. I'd hate to see them park the bus and counter, but I'd understand it... since we... kinda do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    More the fact that Mourinho chose to nurture Oscar, rather than De Bruyne and put him to the curb
    Oscar, Willian, Hazard were all ahead of him around that time and needed time. Willian and Hazard are still at the club doing well, and Oscar went for a crazy high fee to china

10+ Year Old Account
    Willian is nowhere near in the same league as Kevin de Bruijne.

Looking forward to RM vs Spurs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Willian is nowhere near in the same league as Kevin de Bruijne.

Looking forward to RM vs Spurs tonight.
    Would Kevin be the player he is today if he wasnt the main man at wolfsburg? Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Just seems silly to me to blame a manager when the system chelsea has demands success in a short time frame so why should a manager take the risk on bringing through youth.

How many youth is Conte bringing though but no one says shit about him because he knows if he doesnt bring instant success hes sacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know enough to judge what happened to de Bruijne at Chelsea, but if I were to wager a guess, he was lagging behind on development and Mourinho isn't the type to let young players develop so he got sidelined. This is a problem in most teams, not just Mourinho's Chelsea however. This is why young players really shouldn't go overseas so early. However, right now, it is pretty clear that Willian is a squad filler at best, and de Bruijne a leading midfielder in the toughest league in the world.

Deleted
    Willian has been disappointing tbh.

As @RobertoCarlos said. Chelsea fans should be happy he gave the squad some young talents, instead of bashing him for having lost couple of games. In addition, as he stated recently, it is not the same to play EPL + CL with a short squad than just fighting for the EPL like last year.

Kanté, Bakayoko (I love this player), Morata and Alonso were great signings. Luiz signing was frowned upon iirc, but he has proven people wrong (except for games where he just goes full crazy mode) last season.

All in all, Chelsea got a great squad, short but great. The thing with Kevin was a gamble, I'd have put him on loan with a clause to buy him back, personally. Kevin going to Man. City on top of having Silva and Pep basically made Man City a proper contender to every single trophy

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Snip
    I'd take azpilicueta for utd in a heart beat. Slot him into left back and sell luke shaw.

Very under appreciated defender

10+ Year Old Account
    On track for player of the year, but early days.

Hes shined early and faded later in the year before
    Seems to spend a lot of time out injured as well.

Seems Ireland caught a small break in the WC playoffs

Northern Ireland v Switzerland

Croatia v Greece

Denmark v Republic of Ireland

Sweden v Italy

Glad to have avoided Croatia and Italy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frickin knew we would draw against Italy. Was very happy that we managed to end ahead of Netherlands in a pretty difficult group, but of course then we just had to draw Italy in the playoffs.... Dont think there are many tougher teams to beat over 2 games. And Italy even gets to play at home in the last game.

Ah well atleast i wont be disappointed next summer then when we would have failed hard in the group stage as always!

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Frickin knew we would draw against Italy. Was very happy that we managed to end ahead of Netherlands in a pretty difficult group, but of course then we just had to draw Italy in the playoffs.... Dont think there are many tougher teams to beat over 2 games. And Italy even gets to play at home in the last game.

Ah well atleast i wont be disappointed next summer then when we would have failed hard in the group stage as always!
    4 years ago you got Portugal, now Italy. Really unlucky that's for sure.

Deleted
    Northern Ireland should beat the Swiss, they're only there because they had the easiest group.

Jesus christ, getting outta a group with France and Netherlands just to get Italy? I really don't think this Sweden side has much chance in that way, a few years ago Zlatans class could always close a gap, but now there isn't really a big name on the Sweden starting 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden are better now then when Ibra was playing for them. Same with Man U and PSG oddly enough.

Deleted
    What the fuck is this international football talk. Its champions league bois. If I was Ronaldo i'd take all my Ballon D'ors and show them to Harry Kane before the game.

Also the non english people in this thread thinking they have banter

Deleted
    Don't know what Italy you've been watching.

Their manager is crap and most of their players are crocked or garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Also the non english people in this thread thinking they have banter

It's only game - why you hev to be mad?