Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Anybody else gets genuinely annoyed by this?
    No, perhaps English is not the users native language, it still conveys the same information.

It's highly likely to be either Sub-races or Ethereals... one reason for Ethereals being that "Locus-Walker" was searching for Ethereals not affected by the Void, which could be those the players will play as.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDingus View Post
    The reason I didn't notice is because I haven't played WoW in a couple months lol.

And Yes, the wrappings would be enough lmao. In fact, it'd probably be more distinctive than the poor excuse for face options we have in the game now.

I love how you're like, "No they can't just make them capable." Then you go on to explain how they can do so. I never claimed it would be simple or easy but you can't claim if they wanted to do it, they couldn't do it. New model or changing the current one, doesn't matter, they can and will do so if they want to.
    Truly, Dingus, your name speaks volumes...

The amount of labor involved in retrofitting the discrete model would greatly exceed the amount of work in creating an Ethereal PC model in the first place. If they were going to make the Ethereals a PC race, they'd have built the PC race model and used it for NPCs with a clothing texture. To do it the way you're suggesting would be pants on head madness on the part of the Lead Designer (Who decides to approve the race) the Producers (Who allot the cash to create the race) the Game Director (Who manages the actual creation process) and the Modeling Team who are all working together (At least 3-5 people) to make the model in the game.

At every stage of the design they'd have to completely miss out on the fact that they're making something that would cost more time and more money to create than the alternative, only realize it -after- they've finished, and then do the massive retrofitting process.

It ain't happening, Dingus. And no. The wrappings wouldn't be nearly enough. I don't particularly like the limited face options, either, but that's -ALL- the Ethereals have. No hair, no tusks, no ears, no tentacles, nothing.

Ethereals have a nonzero chance of becoming a PC race, eventually. But the current model update is no indication that they'll be made anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Senea View Post
    No, perhaps English is not the users native language, it still conveys the same information.
    you actually CAN TELL the user is american BECAUSE he made that misspell. I have never seen anyone NOT from the US misspell that sentence, and that always annoys the hell out of me

you actually CAN TELL the user is american BECAUSE he made that misspell. I have never seen anyone NOT from the US misspell that sentence, and that always annoys the hell out of me
    I'm more annoyed by your lack of capitalization and period, the misplaced emphasis on CAN TELL when it should just be CAN, and you calling "there' a sentence.

But neither one really matters since, as Senea said, the information is still easily understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Truly, Dingus, your name speaks volumes...

The amount of labor involved in retrofitting the discrete model would greatly exceed the amount of work in creating an Ethereal PC model in the first place. If they were going to make the Ethereals a PC race, they'd have built the PC race model and used it for NPCs with a clothing texture. To do it the way you're suggesting would be pants on head madness on the part of the Lead Designer (Who decides to approve the race) the Producers (Who allot the cash to create the race) the Game Director (Who manages the actual creation process) and the Modeling Team who are all working together (At least 3-5 people) to make the model in the game.

At every stage of the design they'd have to completely miss out on the fact that they're making something that would cost more time and more money to create than the alternative, only realize it -after- they've finished, and then do the massive retrofitting process.

It ain't happening, Dingus. And no. The wrappings wouldn't be nearly enough. I don't particularly like the limited face options, either, but that's -ALL- the Ethereals have. No hair, no tusks, no ears, no tentacles, nothing.

Ethereals have a nonzero chance of becoming a PC race, eventually. But the current model update is no indication that they'll be made anytime soon.
    I'm just gonna leave this quote here, since you seemed to have missed this bit. "New model or changing the current one"
    I never suggested how they go about making the race playable. It's an understatement to say you've made a lot of presumptions regarding the whole "Making Capable" process. You're the only one that ever mentioned HOW they'd go about. I simply presented evidence that pointed to them possibly doing it.

You need not explain to me how arduous the process is, I'm fully aware. Once again, that's not a disputing argument against them doing it. Of course, as you stated it, retrofitting a discrete model wouldn't be worth the time, but I never once claimed it would be or that they should do it? I never said any of that, ever. Idk why you keep going on about that, in fact I don't undedrstand why you tried to insult me either? Why have you gotten so hostile because you've been disagreed with? Does the presentation of ideas or thoughts that you don't agree with anger you? Or will you make some snide comment about how 'idiotic' my stance is that it frustrated you so much because it's so beneath you and you just HAD to call it out?

How about this. Is there evidence in both directions, yes. It's arguable how much, but no one knows 100%. Either way I'm done having someone make a desperate attempt to talk down to me.

Also, it's still subjective, but you're totally and utterly wrong about the bandages thing.

Why are you so hostile? lol This is a simple discussion thread, and you're statement makes no logical sense. A race of NPC's in the game getting a model update right before a new expansion is a huge supporting argument for playability. I already explained in my original post, if you read it, that I ackowledged that they could simply be 'involved', but with all the other evidence I also stated, they make a very strong canidate. Once again, drop the hostility, this is a forum discussion thread, not whatever it seems you believe it to be. Calm down.
    A one-sided discussion as far as you are concerned.
    Every time someone disagrees with you, it is dismissed because of that one point you keep repeating.
    You explained nothing in your original post, only MENTIONING a single observation relevant to your suggestion.

There was no explanation, only a big claim that updated models equals playable.
    It is possible ? Yes.
    Does that actually support the argument in the way you keep telling us ?
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm anything but sure that a new race will be part of the next expansion. To be honest I really doubt we'll get one.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Anybody else gets genuinely annoyed by this?
    Nope do it to troll people.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well, their new model is a strong argument for their being a playable race. They wouldn't be remaking anything, this new model would be the remake for the playable race.
    They gave bunnies, wendigos, troggs, naga and many many more new models in 7.x. Literally hundreds of new models in legion if you count color variants.

Blizz is just "updating" the game moving forward.

Now they can't update 100% of the game at the same time, some models were retroactively used in old zones, some weren't.

Still I don't think ethereals is an indication at all for a new race, they just wanted a 2017 model instead of a 2007.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-17 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A one-sided discussion as far as you are concerned.
    Every time someone disagrees with you, it is dismissed because of that one point you keep repeating.
    You explained nothing in your original post, only MENTIONING a single observation relevant to your suggestion.

There was no explanation, only a big claim that updated models equals playable.
    It is possible ? Yes.
    Does that actually support the argument in the way you keep telling us ?
    No.
    There was other supporting evidence I gave, go back and read the post plz n ty

There will be no new playable race. /thread

5+ Year Old Account
    When you're done gatekeeping and moving the Goalposts, SaintDingus, let someone know and have them send me a message.

Ethereals, like Fetch, will not happen.

We're all pretty sure that a new race is coming next expansion.
    And who is this nebulous "we all"? Because I certainly don't think a new race is coming.

An updated model doesn't mean we will. I really wanted arakkoa but it didn't happen. Besides, once you equip regular armour onto an ethereal, its pretty much just a man with a bandaged face(so no expressions) and spiky hands who floats along

I think they're far too set up into being the villains now oddly enough, as seen on Mac'aree. Despite being nearly wiped out by the void, it seems some of them have turned to the void since then.

There was other supporting evidence I gave, go back and read the post plz n ty
    You made a thread with a horrible clickbait title, stating that it is all but confirmed but have a bunch of flimsy circumstantial evidence. When people challenge it you completely dismiss it. Guess what as a response to you ETHERIALS WILL NEVER BE PLAYABLE........ that is your defense for everything provided. How does it make you feel......

In the end maybe you should have put Etherials, could they be the next race and you may have received a better response as you are providing an argument instead of making click bait crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Blood elves and high elves say hello.

Edit: And worgen and goblins.
    Meanwhile, pretty much every other species on Azeroth, Outland, and Draenor got new models and they're still not playable. Ogres and Arrakoa being the prime example.

Where are our playable Ogres and Arrakoa?

...oh right. There aren't any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    It's highly likely to be either Sub-races or Ethereals... one reason for Ethereals being that "Locus-Walker" was searching for Ethereals not affected by the Void, which could be those the players will play as.
    I think most people missed this in the narrative.

I personally would like to have the option to play an Ethereal...been wanting them to be playable since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

This assumes the capability of the current models based on what we have access to.
    It's quite possible that the retrofit is the NPC models, much like the Silvermoon Guards in SMC simplify and armor lock playable Blood Elves. I.e. It's possible Blizzard developed the new models for Ethereals, and then armor locked and simplified the current iteration in their development to make NPCs for Argus.

Also, I will never understand people's weird view of Ethereal customization. They have tons of it. The vast majority of races in this game only have five customization options, as follows:

Face
    Skin Color
    Hairstyle
    Hair Color
    Facial hair (this is usually earrings for females of that race)

It is incredibly simple for this to translate into:

Wrapping configuration (facial or entire body)
    Wrapping Color
    Areas that leak Energy
    Energy Color
    Features (Bangles, worn/tattered wrappings, void ethereal, loose/few wrappings etc)
    or Energy Intensity (dull, barely there energy vs brightly glowing,)

The ease of Energy color means that it can get far more (easily dozens) options than typical hair/skin color.