Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Fel magic is very distinctly not Death magic or Necromancy, which are very specific subsets of Shadow magic. Warlocks are specialized Fel casters, a Mage would be just as capable of becoming a Necromancer as a Warlock--a shadow priest is far closer to being one than either--none of them are Necromancers though.
    Chronicle stablished that Death magic is something apart from fel or shadow. So, death magic is its own thing.

I think "necromancy" is a general term for a combination of forbidden magics that deal mostly with Shadow and Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And yet ingame warlocks rarely use Fel. Which is fine, they don't need to specialize in Fel.
    Playable warlocks are more "practicioners of forbidden/dangerous magics" than fel-users. Affliction deals mostly with Shadow (maybe also Death), Demonologists summon things with fel magic (I think), and (Base) Destruction uses mostly raw power summoned directly from the elemental plane (thought you can use the green fire questline to actually use fel instead of elemental fire).

It should be noted that different magic forces can achieve similar goals. You can heal with Light, Life or even Fel. Same thing about raising corpses, we've seen it done with Death, Fel and Void, thought the later leave very corrupted undead (like the voidy Shadowmoon skeletons or that dragon raised by pitlord blood in Sunwell Plateau).

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Bolvar did nothing apart from some voice overs in legion....
    Bolvar guides the creation of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, chooses a leader for the Ebon Blade, and instructs the player on how to essentially Sindragosa the oldest and largest Red Dragon skeleton he can find based on a vision he's had. He also helps create the Frost DK's weapons from shards of Frostmourne...

Dude might not be lopping off heads, but he's definitely been active. The most active he's been since Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Bolvar guides the creation of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, chooses a leader for the Ebon Blade, and instructs the player on how to essentially Sindragosa the oldest and largest Red Dragon skeleton he can find based on a vision he's had. He also helps create the Frost DK's weapons from shards of Frostmourne...

Dude might not be lopping off heads, but he's definitely been active. The most active he's been since Wrath.
    He's been very low-key (no one aside from the Ebon Blade he's behind those actions), and most of what he has done so far can be rationalized as necessity, but there are two acts that I think cross the evil threshold: murdering a dragon to raise her as undead, and allowing the red dragons to be murdered (he does not order it, but he also doesn't care if you do it).

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you troll think you are funny, dontcha?
    Edge lord is triggered.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    He's been very low-key (no one aside from the Ebon Blade he's behind those actions), and most of what he has done so far can be rationalized as necessity, but there are two acts that I think cross the evil threshold: murdering a dragon to raise her as undead, and allowing the red dragons to be murdered (he does not order it, but he also doesn't care if you do it).
    You don't think ordering a raid on the Silver Hand to steal the body of Tyrion Fordring to raise him as an undead general in the Ebon Blade's arsenal is evil?

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember that someone yesterday linked to an interview with a dev (cant find it now) in which the dev said we missed some huge hints. He specifically mentioned how one in Mardum just went over the players head, so naturally I went on to explore the map.
    I explored both the Orderhall and Starting zone versions and the only difference is the ship having class hall stuff instead of spider eggs. I flew out even to the floating islands and just found some bones.

Some notes I made:

Do we know the name of the huge planet near Mardum?

Can we say for sure that Mardum didn't have a world soul at one point and that is how Sargeras learned to bind demons to a world soul before moving on to Argus?

Could the other planets orbiting azeroth in the hologram be other worlds with nascent titans?

What is the fel orb above the Azeroth hologram?
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    One way that they could implement Zandalar would be an Old God occupied Zandalar. “Ancient, powerful civilization destroyed by unknown evil” is a pretty common plot line in fiction and certainly would not be a radical idea considering the state of Zandalar as we’ve last heard.
    That would be very close to the Suramar storyline, though. City that no outsider has entered in millenia, taken over by the big bad.

I'd take it though if this brought playable Nightborne and/or Zandalari.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I remember that someone yesterday linked to an interview with a dev (cant find it now) in which the dev said we missed some huge hints. He specifically mentioned how one in Mardum just went over the players head, so naturally I went on to explore the map.
    I explored both the Orderhall and Starting zone versions and the only difference is the ship having class hall stuff instead of spider eggs. I flew out even to the floating islands and just found some bones.

Some notes I made:

Do we know the name of the huge planet near Mardum?

Can we say for sure that Mardum didn't have a world soul at one point and that is how Sargeras learned to bind demons to a world soul before moving on to Argus?

Could the other planets orbiting azeroth in the hologram be other worlds with nascent titans? I wish we could visit Mar'dum again tho >.>

What is the fel orb above the Azeroth hologram?
    Nothing too big is what I'd say. I feel like Blizzard isn't as a subtle as we wish they were.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are so many different things what Ny'alotha could be - maybe it's the place where Old Gods retreat when they are defeated but not killed and just linger thousands of years to recover or amass influence and power? It's very interesting. But I really doubt we'll ever get an answer, it's just too mysterious imho and I'm not sure if Blizzard could give it us in a "gratifying" way.
    I so hope it's a bar like cheers, and when we finally defeat N'zoth he walks in and the other old gods cheer his name like norm.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    There was a leak a while back that had Ny'alotha as a city built into the flesh of N'zoth; a massive sprawling city full of Naga, Faceless, and other things built into an old God.

I thought that was the coolest concept I had ever heard.
    So Ny'lotha is "part" of N'zoth. That's very interesting as well. Would be amazing to solve this riddle but... I think Blizzard will keep this secret forever.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Greetings all,
    PTR realms will be coming down so we can deploy a new 7.3.2 build. No ETA for today's push but I'll update this thread if things look like they're going to take longer than usual (~3-4 hours).

I'll leave this thread open for discussion so long as conversations remain civil and adhere to forum guidelines.

Thanks for your patience everyone!
    Choo-choo, mother***ers!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    Choo-choo, mother***ers!
    I doubt there's any choo chooing today unless they're opening The Wound up for exploration.

Which I doubt they'll do.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I doubt there's any choo chooing today unless they're opening The Wound up for exploration.

Which I doubt they'll do.
    So you wouldn't get hyped if Marlamin found some suggestive string hinting towards future content, new dialogue turned up, etc? K, gotcha!

Quote Originally Posted by jainakultirasblizzcon View Post
    so you wouldn't get hyped if marlamin found some suggestive string hinting towards future content, new dialogue turned up, etc? K, gotcha!
    7.3.2_silithus_raid-engineer_boss-shadow_energy_corgi'thun
    - He who moves first always wins -

I strongly feel that this next expansion will be way out of left field and not what people are expecting from the leaks and made up leaks. After MoP, everyone expected a Legion expansion and we got WoD (sort of Legion influence) and after WoD people were expecting an Aszhara expansion and we got Legion. It will most likely take place in Azeroth but I think they will make up a lot of new lore and stories similar to MoP, that will feature a heavy influence of Horde Vs. Alliance all out war.

I expect a lot of surprises and I don't think Aszshara, Old Gods or eve N'zoth will be in the expansion.

Who knows, they could even be planning a Lich King-esque expansion to bring back the hype of the LK expansion and the players that left. That is, the scourge and the LK will be involved with the wound and seek its power. Totally possible.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-10-17 at 06:07 PM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

So you wouldn't get hyped if Marlamin found some suggestive string hinting towards future content, new dialogue turned up, etc? K, gotcha!
    New PTR build tonight! Let's goooooo!

(Don't expect much, I'm not.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Choo-choo, mother***ers!
    "Hmm, let's wait until the MMO-C thread hits 900 pages before we drop the next 7.3.2 ptr build" - leaked dev conversation 10000% real.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post

Suddenly hundreds of encrypted models.

Not much is still enough to sustain us until Blizzcon! DATAMINE THE HELL OUT OF IT MARLABIRD ♥ !

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge12309 View Post
    7.3.2_silithus_raid-engineer_boss-shadow_energy_corgi'thun
    If I was a dev at Blizz I would intentionally put in random fanservice strings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Suddenly hundreds of encrypted models.
    Wonder if that's something they'll start doing with beta build. Encrypt everything other than the models they need for stuff they are showing up to that build.