i think fox has learned something with deadpool and logan (or atleast. i hope they have)

if you dont have a unified vision and plan you HAVE to allow artistic freedom from your creatives. let them make things and let them follow their vision and dont worry about your idea being too "out there" deadpool worked, logan worked, and they both worked because the makers of the movie had a vision and they let them follow it.

i still dont have any faith in the phoenix saga/main movies because ive no reason to assume corporate meddling isnt still being fuckered with over there and corporate meddling only works if you have 1 person in charge like hopefully dc will be now that johns is there and marvel is with feige, but any spin off movies like new mutants im willing to give an optimistic chance.

and personally like ive said, i think young heroes is going to be the trend soon enough, spider-man, new mutants, miles morales movie, teen titans

weve got alot of super hero movies coming up featuring young heroes
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

New Mutants looks like they went with a version of the Demon Bear storyline.

I thought Inhumans was alright so far. I would like for Maximus to gain powers like his comic counterpart though.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like pretty much the best movie they've made yet. And after seeing the trailers for Ragnarok and the last GotG movie, that's saying a lot.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, Black Panther is looking outstanding. Can't believe we have to wait until next year to see it though :'(
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Really hope Black Panther is good.

Africa is such a perfect backdrop for superhero action

Marvel have a good opportunity to do something truly unique. Hope they don't waste the character/setting

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Really hope Black Panther is good.

Africa is such a perfect backdrop for superhero action

Marvel have a good opportunity to do something truly unique. Hope they don't waste the character/setting
    you have to remember wakanda isnt exactly africa, atleast, not the africa we would ever see in any other movie.

granted that doesnt make it any less unique, i cant think of any other movies that mixes things like african motifs with cyberpunk since its almost always either japanese or american culture that gets blended with it
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you have to remember wakanda isnt exactly africa, atleast, not the africa we would ever see in any other movie.

granted that doesnt make it any less unique, i cant think of any other movies that mixes things like african motifs with cyberpunk since its almost always either japanese or american culture that gets blended with it
    Because it looks silly. It's something only Marvel could pull off on the big screen. You don't see African motifs mixed with cyberpunk the same reason you don't see Native American motif, Aztec motif or ancient Chinese motif. African cities don't look much different than US cities. The Rasta charms and beads and straw ornaments you'll see at street level of tourism areas but aside from those spots things don't look much different except climate obviousness. It's just African tribal tropes. Most of Africa isn't even as tribal as people must think it is.
    So a high-tech African city should look exactly like a high-tech city anywhere else on Earth lol. The panther statues and stuff are cool, but the face-paint and tribal stuff scattered around looks a little tacky. They should have shied away from that quirk of the comic, but they made a talking raccoon work so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black History month gonna be lit

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Because it looks silly. It's something only Marvel could pull off on the big screen. You don't see African motifs mixed with cyberpunk the same reason you don't see Native American motif, Aztec motif or ancient Chinese motif. African cities don't look much different than US cities. The Rasta charms and beads and straw ornaments you'll see at street level of tourism areas but aside from those spots things don't look much different except climate obviousness. It's just African tribal tropes. Most of Africa isn't even as tribal as people must think it is.
    So a high-tech African city should look exactly like a high-tech city anywhere else on Earth lol. The panther statues and stuff are cool, but the face-paint and tribal stuff scattered around looks a little tacky. They should have shied away from that quirk of the comic, but they made a talking raccoon work so.
    Even without the African motifs wakanda wouldn't look like any other city. Wakanda is meant to be one of the most advanced nation's in the world, they're also isolationists.

I don't see why you would think it's silly. I'd love to see things like Aztec or Chinese influences on stuff like cyberpunk.

Neo new yorks and neo tokyos get boring after awhile.

Even without the African motifs wakanda wouldn't look like any other city. Wakanda is meant to be one of the most advanced nation's in the world, they're also isolationists.

I don't see why you would think it's silly. I'd love to see things like Aztec or Chinese influences on stuff like cyberpunk.

Neo new yorks and neo tokyos get boring after awhile.
    I guess mixing tribal with post-modernism and sci-fi looks kinda silly to me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Because it looks silly. It's something only Marvel could pull off on the big screen. You don't see African motifs mixed with cyberpunk the same reason you don't see Native American motif, Aztec motif or ancient Chinese motif.
    Shadowrun is old now, but did plenty of tribal/aztlan stuff, but it was magic and tech. I'm pretty sure Wakanda also has a magical element also, but not sure. It certainly seems odd that they have developed so much stuff in total isolation. Not sure if there's aliens involved.

African cities don't look much different than US cities. The Rasta charms and beads and straw ornaments you'll see at street level of tourism areas but aside from those spots things don't look much different except climate obviousness. It's just African tribal tropes. Most of Africa isn't even as tribal as people must think it is.
    I don't mind the african tropes as long as they're tied to the actual mysticism of the place, or are a stylistic thing. What I find odd is that the film producers want to layer an African American soundtrack over an African setting. It's funny, same way they'll drag out tribal ornamentation without differentiating the different tribes, like "fuck it, it's Africa, no one will care".
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

The tribal/Apple-fi mix is interesting, but yeah it probably doesn't make sense. There's a reason nothing like that is anywhere in the real world. Gem, Germs and Steel is probably shaking its head in the corner, and isolation didn't work out so hot for Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Shadowrun is old now, but did plenty of tribal/aztlan stuff, but it was magic and tech. I'm pretty sure Wakanda also has a magical element also, but not sure. It certainly seems odd that they have developed so much stuff in total isolation. Not sure if there's aliens involved.

I don't mind the african tropes as long as they're tied to the actual mysticism of the place, or are a stylistic thing. What I find odd is that the film producers want to layer an African American soundtrack over an African setting. It's funny, same way they'll drag out tribal ornamentation without differentiating the different tribes, like "fuck it, it's Africa, no one will care".
    "How do we let our audience know Wakanda is in Africa?"

"I know! Pass me that Rasta shaker and cheetah pelt loincloth"

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

It's because wakanda is the only place on Earth with vibranium. And since fox owns adamantium that means in the mcu vibranium is even more special since it's the most powerful substance in the world. It's what visions body is made out of

It's because wakanda is the only place on Earth with vibranium. And since fox owns adamantium that means in the mcu vibranium is even more special since it's the most powerful substance in the world. It's what visions body is made out of
    Yeah, but what does "most powerful" mean in regards to a metal? Does it allow levitating cars? You still need to design a car.

I mean, from Cap's shield, we know it's a metal that absorbs all impact so you can shoot it and the bullets just fall to the ground, yet somehow it also allows the shield to bounce all about. It's not powerful in any way that justifies a high tech society in a modern world without some alien/mystical source.

Originally I just figured it was so rare it was expensive when they sold it, thus they were rich. That doesn't work if you're isolated, and doesn't give you technology that doesn't exist though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    A radioactive spider gave a kid powers and the real immersion breaking part is a fictional city? We got talking raccoons!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    10/10

/10char