Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    EVE is the most slow paced boring tedious game I have ever drudged through. Bored with it in a week. Nice try. You're trying to save that dying game.
    It has a pretty good character creator, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Honestly this is really not true.
    Well I will never be going back to it again... ever. Not even if I'm paid to play it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Just came here to say that i closed down my eve account today merely because of this thread and the assumption that you can "mature" out of wow and into eve. Its laughably stupid.

I am 31. Most of my gaming friends are around that age aswell.

Apparently some people put wow and other games with a "cartoonish" graphic style in the kids section. I never got this. Do you think Family guy(or insert any other teen+ oritented comic cartoon) is targettet at kids aswell and something you "mature" out of?

To me most of the people who even use words like that are the 16-20 year olds who desperately wants to seem adult and as thus try and deem things other people like as "kids" stuff in order to seem more grown. In reality its really just kind of pathetic tho.
    Oh.. well that wasn't really my intention. not naming anyone a kid or WoW "childish". and especially i am not talking about graphics or art style. It's about starting WoW in 2004 maybe as a teenager, become older and need something beefier to chew on. No offence to anyone here!

Oh.. well that wasn't really my intention. not naming anyone a kid or WoW "childish". and especially i am not talking about graphics or art style. It's about starting WoW in 2004 maybe as a teenager, become older and need something beefier to chew on. No offence to anyone here!
    I don't know if you can describe what is basically an HD version of the Windows starfield screensaver as "beefy".

Please don't send WoW players to EvE. We don't need WoW community there, it's already salty enough.

Quote Originally Posted by M2t View Post
    Does it come with a new PC aswell ? would like to maximize my graphics.
    You will be playing Microsoft Excel with laser sound effects. You don't need powerful PC for that.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2017-10-18 at 11:56 AM.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Deleted
    Myquote:

"... it's far away from dead btw, as WOW is."

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ...and it only took 12 posts to get to this.....
    That means: Eve is not dead, as Wow is not dead. which is both stated with passion (falsely) in both communities.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2017-10-18 at 11:55 AM.

Let me just swap my fetish of swords, magic and dragons for cold dead metal, aliens, and lazers in space

I'm 31 and EVE has always looked like one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Let me just swap my fetish of swords, magic and dragons for cold dead metal, aliens, and lazers in space
    fetishes don't cap afaik. ^^

So you matured out of WoW
    Perhaps the most condescending thread title ever.

Deleted
    Then tell me how "mature" you are.... ;-)
    Honestly though. When ever i was a teenager both EVE and WOW have been nothing more than an idea in the head of some people back then. Online gaming wasn't even a thing back then. So being very close to my 40th, with a house, kids and a job i fear i am way to mature to play games that take a lot of time out of your life in order to have fun, while always risking to lose everything you have worked for the last couple of month in a blink of an eye.

I just wonder how you come to the conclusion that having to spend multiple hours every day in a game in order to catch up with others or even have a chance to have fun has something remotely to do with "maturity". I fear you are confusing "maturity" with "nerdism". But that is just my opinion.

pfffffff EVE and mature. :-D :-D :-D Play EVE to grow up!!!! <= well THAT'S an advertisement for a game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Played Eve a few years ago but got bored with it pretty fast. The power difference between established players and new players was just awful at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    I'm 31 and EVE has always looked like one of the most boring gaming experiences I've ever seen.
    Because the majority of it is looking for fights. You can probably imagine how long that would actually take, in a game designed to be light years across in scale.

When you actually get to a fight, its likely some turbo mega nerd will have a wayyy better ship than you and instantly delete you.

EVE is like WoW PvP in Vanilla. If you're in the cool clan, you dominate with ease. There is practically zero thought put into fights because you win them without effort, but that isn't fun, so the you all LARP as if its a real battle when in reality its like a bunch of XCOM soldiers being deployed to fight 10 toddlers, some of which aren't asleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Thing is i read or have read soooooo many threads on this site from players that complain that their beloved game turns more and more simplistic and casual. loot has no meaning anymore as handed over for free on a silver platter, game becoming to easy, no things do to etc. etc. So there might really be some need for a bigger universe with more options. EVE is not a themepark, its a sandbox. Some children have fun in the sandbox and others are bored and cry for mommy. it's up to yourself what you do with the possibilies.

ITT: People who have never played it and giving opinions solely based off of people who played it for a month or less. You need to play a whole fucking lot longer than that to really get a grasp on things, and even then you have only scratched the surface. It's just one of those games that you play it the way you want to, fast, slow, complex out the wazoo, etc etc. Be a scammer, be a solo ganker or roam in small gangs or massive fleets, being a small industrialist creating modules for ships right up to being in a corporation that builds the absolute biggest ships in the game, or be a space truck driver (hauling), or play the markets in any way you can like manipulating markets, regional trading and the list just goes on and on and on. I actually found it really hard getting into it, took several tries with months or years in between because I am used to a set path, like level, gear up and raid / PVP. Here you get dropped into the middle of space and told to create your own story.

It caters to all walks of life and play styles, but you do have to be into scifi and some (most) people simply can't get into it, especially after only ever playing games where you are told what to do and the best / fastest way to do it.

But yeah this is totally gonna get deleted or moved from this section, I mean it's the WoW GD...
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2017-10-18 at 12:19 PM.

While I love EVE,I seriously doubt most of the mature WoW audience would like it,it's just not the same kind of game at all,and requires far more thought and effort than WoW ever did,it's not for everyone at all

Thing is i read or have read soooooo many threads on this site from players that complain that their beloved game turns more and more simplistic and casual. loot has no meaning anymore as handed over for free on a silver platter, game becoming to easy, no things do to etc. etc. So there might really be some need for a bigger universe with more options. EVE is not a themepark, its a sandbox. Some children have fun in the sandbox and others are bored and cry for mommy. it's up to yourself what you do with the possibilies.
    Boy, you really are condescending.

It's silly to come into a game forum and tell the players of said game to go on and try a more "mature" game that is nothing at all like their game. Yes, WoW is much different than it used to be, but it - as well as its earlier versions - have nothing in common with a sci-fi mmo sandbox spaceship simulator that involves hours of looking at user interfaces and spreadsheets. If you were recommending a sandbox mmorpg, sure, then maybe we could talk.

I like swords and magic. I'm already rolling my eyes at the legions space ships. I have halo if I want to play that shit and will not bother with that game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    ITT: People who have never played it and giving opinions solely based off of people who played it for a month or less. It's just one of those games that you play it the way you want to, fast, slow, complex out the wazoo, structured content etc etc. It caters to all walks of life and play styles, can be as slow or fast paced as you like.

But yeah this is totally gonna get deleted or moved from this section, I mean it's the WoW GD...
    maybe at least one single person takes a look into it and finds a new passion and gaming experience that is far ahead the stuff he/she knows so far. thats worth a few mins of my time!

Eve isn't a sandbox. And it isn't ahead of anything. It's about 50 steps backwards. Even calling it a "gaming experience" is generous.