Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Specific skills or ideas? You have poor comprensión because that’s not what I am saying. I am saying life experiences is what makes diversity count and all white men typically have more similar an upbringing than a Woman who moved here from Taiwan.
    Please continue the thought. What happens to a workplace when you have someone that was raised in Taiwan?

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Disturbing. She simply exposed a fact and received a backlash from it. Diversity is not physical, it's psychological.

People try to ties both together, but the reality is that assuming someone has a specific experience based on his physical identity is textbook racism, sexism and to some extent xenophobism.
    A big problem is that in the name of diversity, which was supposed to eliminate, lets say, racism in the work place, or increase the amount of a demographic in the work place; it actually regressed us into a situation where the only thing we base people on is their skin color, sexual orientation, and physical appearance. We have moved away from the idea of judging someone, not by the color of their skin, but by their character, life experiences, and qualifications. We have unfortunately, in the name of being inclusive, brought about a situation where we are becoming race realists, which is really bad.

Can you imagine how many parasites are being fed by those brilliant engineers and designers? How many useless motherfuckers are walking this planet preaching shit and producing nothing?

The only diversity that matters is that the results from these questions: WHAT DO YOU KNOW? WHAT CAN YOU DO?

Anyone that tries to bypass these questions just to create some perfectly colored diversity should fucking die, because it's attempting at the future of the human race itself, by promoting incompetence.

What a foolish woman. All white people are exactly the same.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    That's 100% unrelated to what Themius said, so why are you bringing it up as if they said anything about it?

Also, I completely agree with what Themius said. Diversity of identity is diversity of experience is diversity of thought. That doesn't mean there can't be diversity within a group of straight, blond, blue-eyed men, but just that there will probably be more if you include people of different races, gender alignments, sexual orientations, age, abilities, etc.
    But, would you say a white person from Russia has the same life experience as a white person from Australia? Or a white person from South Africa has the same life experiences as someone from Czechoslovakia? I will even pivot this a bit, would an "Asian" person from China have the same life experiences as an "Asian" person from South Korea? I am actually generally interested in your opinion on this, I do agree that having people of different skin colors on a team absolutely makes a difference, but to say "all white people have the same life experiences" is a little bit of an abstract thing to say. Say, a black person from Niger, would more than likely have a completely different life experience than a black person from, lets say, Atlanta.

This also plays into the debate of Nature vs Nurture, does your physical "race" define who you are, or does you upbringing define who you are. It really shocks me, honestly, that a lot of people in the SJW crowd actually make a lot of the same claims as alt-right race realists, i am absolutely in the classic liberal ideology of nurture being the defining aspect of who someone is, i find this new trend of race realism very disturbing.

7+ Year Old Account
    What a riot! Guess all people of a certain ethnicity are one giant hive mind! But I guess that's to be expected when you need a V.P. of Diversity and Inclusion in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I believe there are people championing the new Black Panther movie for being diverse for having a 90% black cast. How something can count as diverse with 90% of the same group is beyond me.
    Because diversity means less white people. Literally.
    Working on my next ban.

all those words and not a single reason why I should care.

"someone, somewhere, said a thing"

kay...?

I wonder if these people would complain if she said diversity can exist with 12 black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

So a woman of color that is the head of diversity said "There can be 12 white blue-eyed blonde men in a room and they are going to be diverse too because they're going to bring a different life experience and life perspective to the conversation." and people are going nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvalen View Post
    What makes anyone think it's being used as a surrogate? How are people from diverse identities or races or whatever not diverse in thought? Just because we won't accept it when people tell us we're less than human?
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If you make the argument that X minority has a fundamentally different thought process from other groups, you are:

>Making a racist generalization
    >Opening the door to other racist generalizations that you might not like as much

Your way of thinking is built on the same tenets as that of racists.

- - - Updated - - -

Specific skills or ideas? You have poor comprensión because that’s not what I am saying. I am saying life experiences is what makes diversity count and all white men typically have more similar an upbringing than a Woman who moved here from Taiwan.
    If you have to load your statements with words like 'typically', you've already lost the argument. You've admitted that you are making generalizations that do not apply to 'all of X' - which gets crazier once you actually read the whole sentence.

Her comment makes no sense. For instance people of different races experience things differently hence having them on the ram brings new ideas. Just how women experience things different and why bribing women in introduces new ideas.

Don’t kid me by saying a team of all white all straight all blond and blues eyed people will have as diverse of ideas as a team of people of different races sexed and sexuality.
    But... they will. Just like 10 African-Americans, 10 Asian-Americans, 10 Jewish-Americans, 10 Women, 10 Men, 10 Children will all be completely different, to say or think otherwise is incredibly absurd, and actually a more racist statement than what this lady is under fire for. Likewise you may find that 1 out of those 10 have a similar experience to 1 out of 10 from one of the other groups. Creativity is not randomly manifested by having different skin color, sexual organs, or any other factor, it is the brain of the individual which is made of the same exact material in each and every one of the individuals in those groups. The only difference is in the individual capacity and way of thinking of that brain. In a small way I was going to agree with your statement until you got to the part about all blue eyed, blonde, males are essentially clones of one another.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    I don't think you understand what I'm saying. If you make the argument that X minority has a fundamentally different thought process from other groups, you are:

>Making a racist generalization
    >Opening the door to other racist generalizations that you might not like as much

Your way of thinking is built on the same tenets as that of racists.
    Its literally race realism, the sjw diversity cult is the exact same as the race realist alt-right

One group wants white people to dominate, the other group literally wants to white, straight, cis, men to have anything, its the exact same thing.

Funny thing is, in an attempt to "not be racist", they're being racist, i am not too sure how people dont understand this. We went from judging people by the color of their skin, to judging them based on their character, and demeanor, to judging by their skin color again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    What a foolish woman. All white people are exactly the same.
    Yes indeed. And so are all black people, and all gays. But each group is fundamentally different. Some are better at some things, others are better at others. For example, white people tend to be better engineers than black people

Sorry wrong forum meant to post of stormfront

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, she only had to apologize. I was expecting her to step down after reading about this a few days ago. We can’t have someone that advocates for diversity outsid the accepts narrative.

A shame she felt she had to apologize. I’d rather hav diversity of thought over diversity of body.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Are you saying that people of different races have inherently different psychologies?

You see where this path leads, yes?

The problem arises when you select for racial, sex, or sexuality diversity as a surrogate for diversity of ideas and perspectives. There's no way around this being a racist ideology.
    No one is saying people of different races, etc. have inherently (inborn) different psychologies. Their experiences as they grow up are different for many reasons and that is what creates the diversity of perspective in people. 12 white men will not have as diverse a set of perspectives as a group of 12 that contains people of different races, women, and LGBT. You could maybe have a few white men from different countries or economic backgrounds, but all 12 would be less diverse than any mixture.

Now when people finally forget about race and everyone in one country has the same culture and lives the same way, then you can start to talk about a racially homogeneous group having as much diversity of thought as a mixed group - because there would not be more diversity by adding more people with the same cultural experiences. You would still, however, need women and others because men and women will never have the same life experiences.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I believe there are people championing the new Black Panther movie for being diverse for having a 90% black cast. How something can count as diverse with 90% of the same group is beyond me.

Would love to see some links.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Wow, she only had to apologize. I was expecting her to step down after reading about this a few days ago. We can’t have someone that advocates for diversity outsid the accepts narrative.

A shame she felt she had to apologize. I’d rather hav diversity of thought over diversity of body.
    You cant have that, diversity of thought is extremely dangerous to any collective, sjw's don't want dissenting ideas, they want the guise of diversity by surrounding themselves with physically diverse people, who share the same values.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She regrets saying people are diverse because of their experiences not their race?

HOW FUCKING CONTROVERSIAL!!

Seriously anyone that thinks what she says was bad should probably just fuck off from society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy, soon people won't be able to open their mouth without stepping on some made-up bullshit landmine.

"Ladies and Gentlemen..."
    "WTF LOOK AT THIS ONE, so I guess trans-human postgenderists are not counted as people anymore and not worth being addressed to? You MURDERER!"