Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Specific examples of what, exactly? I made many statements.
    You made vague claims instead of specific examples like "young gay Ivan Ivanov killed by gay haters in the center of Rostov on the eve of oct. 17th, 2017" or "Putin expelled Petr Petrov from the government for being gay" or something.

Being gay is not very popular thing in Russia true, but claiming it is dangerous for gays to travel to Russia just because we ban gay propaganda (or any sexual propaganda for that matter) in elementary schools is just ridiculous.

I'm out of here, will check this thread tomorrow morning. Good night, everyone.

P.S. ffs principal of my high school was nearly open gay, none cared.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-10-17 at 07:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret81
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.
    To make the quest feel more epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No, that is not "just" what it means.
    Inform yourself.
    How so? That's exactly what it does, you simply can't "promote" homosexuality at schools and so on, but you can't be prosecuted for kissing another dude in public.

But they actually wanted to introduce new law that would allow to do exactly that because some people felt that current one isn't that effective and strict, surprisingly enough, they failed to do so because quite many Russian politicians thought it's an overkill.

Pride parades aren't "allowed" because of how you have to get permissions for any public parade/meeting/event. No one would allow to organise LGBT/Pride parade for few reasons: it may be perceived as propaganda, and it's really hard to guarantee safety of people on both side who'll be there. Gopniks and vigilantes (like those retards in Hubcap's video) would try to beat up as many homosexuals as possible, LGBT crowd would be fighting back and police would gladly fuck up both.

And lastly, according to this law you aren't sentenced to years in prison or something like that, you're just being fined, and on average amount of fine is ~$850, and ~24 people have been fined since 2014.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-10-17 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireVoodoo View Post
    You made vague claims instead of specific examples like "young gay Ivan Ivanov killed by gay haters in the center of Rostov on the eve of oct. 17th, 2017" or "Putin expelled Petr Petrov from the government for being gay" or something.

Being gay is not very popular thing in Russia true, but claiming it is dangerous for gays to travel to Russia just because we ban gay propaganda (or any sexual propaganda for that matter) in elementary schools is just ridiculous.

I'm out of here, will check this thread tomorrow morning. Good night, everyone.

P.S. ffs principal of my high school was nearly open gay, none cared.
    Well, just loook at the polling numbers for opposition to gay people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Russia

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...wn-in-chechnya

https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-rus...iolence-on-map

Whats with the haircuts there? The president looks so silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oke. So the 1st wall of text shows numbers of Russians opposing "same-sex marriages" (myself included). Fail to see how it is the "opposition to gay people".

What do you suggest? Brainwash our kids to accept it or what? You do that in the West, we will see how it will end.

Next wall of text basically describe gay's problems in Chechnya. So what?

And the last one is like 1000000 words wall of text about.... ....what is it about exactly? Homosexual propaganda in elementary schools ban again?

Will you actually provide specific examples of how and why it is dangerous for western gays to travel to Russia or will you continue to spam walls of text on me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The only reasonably useful thing we can do for the Chechen's is accept Chechen refugees. What complicates this is that among the homosexuals trying to run away from literal concentration camps, there is a not so small chance that we will get muslim radicals trying to slip in.
    That's kinda reasonable, but if their only issue is being gays all they have to do is to move to any other part of Russia (which is not small country mind you).

Some of them just like to move to the West (which is fine) but that is whole another story.
    I´ve heard, there will be Epic loot as normal quest rewards in Cata while you level.

Oke. So the 1st wall of text shows numbers of Russians opposing "same-sex marriages" (myself included). Fail to see how it is the "opposition to gay people".

What do you suggest? Brainwash our kids to accept it or what? You do that in the West, we will see how it will end.

Next wall of text basically describe gay's problems in Chechnya. So what?

And the last one is like 1000000 words wall of text about.... ....what is it about exactly? Homosexual propaganda in elementary schools ban again?

Will you actually provide specific examples of how and why it is dangerous for western gays to travel to Russia or will you continue to spam walls of text on me?
    You are so opposed to them, you don't think they should be allowed to get married. That is being opposed to gay people. Let me know when you realize that part.

What do I suggest? Simple, let people do what they want, so long as they do not harm others. Stop trying to take away someone else's freedoms, just because you don't like who they are.

It's dangerous for gay people to travel there, because it is dangerous to live there as a gay person. It really is that simple.

Like I said, you are trying to rationalize a sentiment that you admit to also having. Since you cannot recognize it within yourself, no amount of information will be sufficient.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are so opposed to them, you don't think they should be allowed to get married. That is being opposed to gay people. Let me know when you realize that part.

What do I suggest? Simple, let people do what they want, so long as they do not harm others. Stop trying to take away someone else's freedoms, just because you don't like who they are.

It's dangerous for gay people to travel there, because it is dangerous to live there as a gay person. It really is that simple.

Like I said, you are trying to rationalize a sentiment that you admit to also having. Since you cannot recognize it within yourself, no amount of information will be sufficient.
    Do you know what happened to the Romans in II-V centuries AD? They stopped breading and were replaced with Germans and Slavic tribes. Don't you see what is happening to the West now AGAIN? If you what to be replaced AGAIN (this time by Arabs and Latinos) that's fine with me.

I still fail to see how it makes dangerous for gays to travel Russia. You are very dense my friend, I'm sorry. I truly am but it is like arguing with the brick wall.

Do you know what happened to the Romans in II-V centuries AD? They stopped breading and were replaced with Germans and Slavic tribes. Don't you see what is happening to the West now AGAIN? If you what to be replaced AGAIN (this time by Arabs and Latinos) that's fine with me.

I still fail to see how it makes dangerous for gays to travel Russia. You are very dense my friend, I'm sorry. I truly am but it is like arguing with the brick wall.
    Although I agree that travelling to Russia as a gay person is as safe as travelling there as a straight one, that thingy about Romans is cringey af.

Who gives a shit...

Restricting the freedoms of gay people is not going to make them straight. You have gangs of asshats who attack gay people. You have a homophobic culture who wants to take away the freedoms of gay people. That culture seems to believe that gay people are not deserving of equal rights. That would be like a black person traveling to South Africa during Apartheid. Why on Earth would a gay person want to travel to a land where they are reviled by most of the population, and are more likely to be the victims of attacks?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Although I agree that travelling to Russia as a gay person is as safe as travelling there as a straight one, that thingy about Romans is cringey af.
    Maybe it is. There is indeed this controversial theory of the fall of Antique western civilization by Yuri Kuzovkov. I happen to agree with his findings. We can be wrong obviously because errare humanum est.

Sadly I know no English translation of his works, only Russian original exists on the web.

- - - Updated - - -

Who gives a shit...

Restricting the freedoms of gay people is not going to make them straight. You have gangs of asshats who attack gay people. You have a homophobic culture who wants to take away the freedoms of gay people. That culture seems to believe that gay people are not deserving of equal rights. That would be like a black person traveling to South Africa during Apartheid. Why on Earth would a gay person want to travel to a land where they are reviled by most of the population, and are more likely to be the victims of attacks?
    None in Russia wants to make gays straight man, chill. Jeez...

Every country has gangs of asshats who attack people, not only gays btw.

Our "culture" is pretty much westernized nowadays, just listen to most radio-stations or watch entertainment TV-channels. None gives a shit about gays unless they invade our temples or schools with some stupid stunts. But even than nobody kills them or anything.

...or make gay-pride marches ...true, will not deny that...and it sucks! I personally do not oppose it and I think it will change in time.

About same-sex marriages. You do realize it is not wildly popular among common folks even in the West, do you? Only systematic brain-washing makes it somewhat acceptable atm. But turn off mainstream propaganda just for month and see what will happen.

Whatever.

Still you are not very convincing on "it is dangerous for gays to travel to Russia".
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-10-17 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    People in denial Russia isn't a great place for LGBT+, really?

Maybe it is. There is indeed this controversial theory of the fall of Antique western civilization by Yuri Kuzovkov. I happen to agree with his findings. We can be wrong obviously because errare humanum est.

Sadly I know no English translation of his works, only Russian original exists on the web.
    How much was he paid to come up with that narrative?

Deleted
    I mean, it is in that region of the world where we just don't really hear anything about, Chechnya and all the -stan nations are essentially black holes in our knowledge and media coverage.

It is kind of terrifying yeah, and last I heard it was a showcasing of strength with an easy target that no one will feel sorry for, but that's just hear say don't know what the validity of that is.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    How much was he paid to come up with that narrative?
    $1mil. Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People in denial Russia isn't a great place for LGBT+, really?
    None says it's "great". The argument is about Russia "being dangerous for gays to travel". Facepalm.
    Last edited by FireVoodoo; 2017-10-17 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    $1mil. Cash.

None says it's "great". The argument is about Russia "being dangerous for gays to travel". Facepalm.
    And a lot of LGBT+ travel agencies don't advise Russia

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And a lot of LGBT+ travel agencies don't advise Russia
    Well, that's fine. Maybe Russia isn't the best place for gays to travel, but surely it's quite safe.

As a gay person and an American, I'd rather not support Russia by traveling to it anyway. My next trips would be somewhere like Belgium, Japan, or Italy.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Even Turks think of terrorists when someone says Chechen. This should give you an idea.

What could cause the wonderful people of this beautiful country to so brutally attack gays? Is there some kind of cruel ideology they all adhere to? Is it something in the water?

Is Chechnya still considered by Russia as a rogue province?

Last I heard its basically run by a caliphate