Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post
    Someone debunk this:

World of Warcraft: Rekage of the Legion

The Legion got rekt and all of 8.0 is basically just our characters getting drunk and celebrating.
    sounds cool. I like it!
    hit & run posting lol

Just remember, it will take the entirety of the Titan Pantheon and Illidan just to trap him inside Argus. They can't kill him because he's too powerful. The best they can do is keep him at bay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i find it funny you complain about something that you read, but didnt even read all the way... he will be imprisoned, not killed...

- - - Updated - - -

thestaff of sargeras book talks about him wanting it to belong to him like a lover. When he was pulled from Azeroth as the portal closed he saw her eye open and stare at him and he fell in love, and wants to make titan babies with azeroth.

"The Scepter of Sargeras is known for the gleaming jewel that adorns its apex. Many theorize that it represents Sargeras's baleful eye, which caught only a glimpse of Azeroth before the fallen titan was ripped back to the Twisting Nether. But the truth is far different.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."
    I always knew he is quite into romanticism. Him licking her eyeball, very notion brings fuzzy feelings.

By the way, your avatar, show me original art. Quite a humpable pretty face somebody drawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Just remember, it will take the entirety of the Titan Pantheon and Illidan just to trap him inside Argus. They can't kill him because he's too powerful. The best they can do is keep him at bay.
    Kaguya 2.0

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    I always knew he is quite into romanticism. Him licking her eyeball, very notion brings fuzzy feelings.

By the way, your avatar, show me original art. Quite a humpable pretty face somebody drawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Kaguya 2.0
    What? it is the orignal art, its my charecter, i had it comissioned...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    What? it is the orignal art, its my charecter, i had it comissioned...
    I meant original resolution. Difficult to creep over small image.

7+ Year Old Account
    I meant original resolution. Difficult to creep over small image.
    I rather not have you..

Kind of odd how Sargaras was AWOL for the whole XPAC and just magically pops up at the end for the raid where of course he gets defeated....

If Sargeras was able to stab Azeroth at the end of the raid why couldn't he do that before then?

Every bad guy can't be beat by a raid. At some point there has to be a limit on what "we players" or "we players + allied NPCs" can do. Otherwise, by the time of WOW 10.0 we will be the gods of the galaxy, because in each and every expansion the last boss has to be bigger and badder than the last one or folks will lose interest. And of course in each expansion there will be some "story" about how said boss just sat around and waited for us to "get gud" and beat them as opposed to actively working to beat us down before that.

Deleted
    I rather not have you..
    I guess I will need to image search for it. You can spare me all the time. I bet artist uploadd it somewhere, unless you asked for it to stay private. Art is meant to be shared, like cousins.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess I will need to image search for it. You can spare me all the time. I bet artist uploadd it somewhere, unless you asked for it to stay private. Art is meant to be shared, like cousins.
    sigh...
    I mean i rather not...
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-10-19 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    Whole Pantheon, I think
    whole pantheon lives or dies?

I think people are misinterpreting enraptured. Yes, Sargeras was captivated. Azeroth is super powerful. But wanting to make a world-soul his isn't the unique thing people concluded it to be when we learned this information. He did the same with Argus. He is doing the same with the other Titans. He doesn't want to marry Azeroth. He wants to add her to his collection. And while it may be a desire of his, it certainly isn't the primary one. Cause it sure isn't going to stop him from trying to murder Azeroth.

As for on topic:
    We are indeed nothing to Sargeras. Yes, he may be a presence in the Mythic phase to lend power in the fight against the final raid boss. A fight we'd have no chance in, if not for the aid of the Titans. But the reason Sargeras hasn't crushed us or our planet has always been circumstantial: Sargeras needs to be physically present in his Titan form to do so. As Azeroth is on the other side of the cosmos, he's not made the journey there in his full form. What he is in reach of however, is Argus. And so he will be showing up there to wreck stuff.

And I don't get the people that feel dissatisfied with it. We've endured the Legion's presence forever. This expansion is about stopping the threat of the Burning Legion. I think more people would have been angered if Sargeras hadn't shown up at all. On the other side, Sargeras is a planet-sized foe that killed all of the Titans. There is no way we could stand up to him. It would take blowing up a planet in his face. What we do in this case is facilitate his capture by the Titans by defeating Argus, so the Titans can use his essence to contain Sargeras.

To me, that solution is fine. The expansion of Legion is given a satisfying end. We contributed and did the gruntwork, enabling beings we saved to grant us victory. The Sargeras' problem is solved, for now. Though the Old Gods have already proven Titan imprisonment isn't a perfect permanent solution. Still, the Fallen Titan is credibly halted. And not before we are shown what he is capable of.

@FelPlague don't give into that creep...
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-10-19 at 12:58 PM.

So its Khadgars 50 year old birthday soon then. Micro Holiday in 2020 pls blizz.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly i had HOPED they would do this and use it as a springboard for a wow 2 where we retake azeroth after retreating to AU draenor or somewhere. Afterwards we reboot azeroth using tbe emerald drream BAM untamed wilderness..hell make warcraft 4 the retaking and rebirth with wow 2 being untamed unexplored brand new azeroth. Familiar but different. No cities or towns as we knew them maybe even new life with influences from all the places we have been and seen.

Sadly they then released chronicle adding voidlords and more retcons soooo bye bye fun ideas

Oh and ever since the chronicles thing about azeroth being a titan.. I kinda suspect we are like demititans. Not AS strong but goddamn are we OP as fuck to any non titan bred life forms.
    I would have absolutely LOVED that! We both know they wouldn't because "MMO mechanics bro", which is lame. But that would have been pretty fantastic. I've played since vanilla and have been a collector the entire time; still wouldn't care about losing all that stuff (though I'd be salty if I didn't get some kind of tabard or title or something in wow2). Sundown wow as we all died, release wc4 that starts minutes or hours after we all failed to defeat sargeras; since there are no "Heroes/champions" alive, RTS delivery makes more sense and we command the faction armies (or go back to racial armies as both alliance and horde break down into anarchy in the aftermath and its every man for themselves) The campaigns cover survivng, retaking, and maybe starting to settle new-azeroth (what if we actually just went to the AU Azeroth that the horde never attacked?) Then WoW2 fires off there; maybe even deal with Sargeras in wc4 so that WoW2 can focus on void lords or whatever.

But yeah....bleh. tbh, with the way some of the retcons have been? I used to joke around with my buddies that Elune is actually Kerrigan and that the WoW universe is really in the distant future of the StarCraft universe. But these days, I'm more careful with that joke.....

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteCharger View Post
    Kind of odd how Sargaras was AWOL for the whole XPAC and just magically pops up at the end for the raid where of course he gets defeated....

If Sargeras was able to stab Azeroth at the end of the raid why couldn't he do that before then?

Every bad guy can't be beat by a raid. At some point there has to be a limit on what "we players" or "we players + allied NPCs" can do. Otherwise, by the time of WOW 10.0 we will be the gods of the galaxy, because in each and every expansion the last boss has to be bigger and badder than the last one or folks will lose interest. And of course in each expansion there will be some "story" about how said boss just sat around and waited for us to "get gud" and beat them as opposed to actively working to beat us down before that.
    Thats the problem.
    The powerlevel. I mean, the most powerful warrior can be killed with an invisible arrow. And that happened before in warcraft story. But now, we are talking about "gods" (titans), and we don't have any idea of their functionality. And thats a bit...boring.
    Some people argue: Sargeras is the stronger entity in the universe, but if another Titan stab him from behind, for unknown reasons, he can't die because he has [UNLIMITED POWERRRRRR]...In the end, this things creates a bad story, and the design team not knowing how their "world" works, means that some things seems stupid for the readers/players.
    On another point, Azeroth seems to be the strongest titan in the universe...If that becomes true, why? And what that it means? that nobody can kill her because she is "stronger" than anyone? That she can create "more" live than Eonar? Maybe she knows what happened to Schrodinger cat? That's bullshit in my opinion. Nothing should be "because I have more powerlevel".

Deleted
    sigh...
    I mean i rather not...
    Ok, little girl. I won't force you this time. I know when 'no' means 'no' and when it means 'yes'. I'm a true gentleman. I flex muscles and kiss my biceps. I know how this world operates. I have decrypted it. We are good. Chill. I forgive you. You are absolved of your sins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katojan View Post
    We as players, even with our superpowered artifacts, are less than fleas to Sargeras. If they want to remain faithful to the lore, there's no way we can fight him and expect to win.
    Sargeras is a pussy. Every single entity in the Warcraft universe can be defeated by the player characters because of gameplay reasons.

If it were more realistic then we wouldn't even have been able to defeat C'thun.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Are you sure it was Sargeras itself and not its Avatar?
    There's no evidence that states otherwise. As far as we know, it was Sargeras himself. Nice try though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    So its Khadgars 50 year old birthday soon then. Micro Holiday in 2020 pls blizz.
    That'd be pretty dope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Yes thats exactly my point. This is all we're getting of Sargeras in WoW
    His the most powerful being IN OUR reality as well as the last titan standing. Has Ian said he he fought the full real aggramar he'd step on us. How could we possibly fight that?

This is a good compromise.

just wait to expansion 11 or wow 2 or whatever when Sargeras breaks free after consuming all the other titan souls to becomes the PRIME TITAN

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    He's going to make some appearance in the Argus Boss Fight and participate; and I'm sure that's all we'll be seeing of the most infamous villain of WoW.

I doubt we will be seeing Sargeras in WoW after that;There is no Sargeras without legion unless Legion makes a return, which I think developer will wanna avoid for a while.

If this becomes the case,

what a shitty waste and failed potential for Sargeras. Deathwing 2.0
    How is he wasted? He's not gonna die, you know. He's gonna be jailed. And from within that jail he can continue causing all sorts of scary havoc to the citizens of the universe, in the same way that Old Gods do.

I think the idea that there's a super bad guy that ABSOLUTELY HATES US and can destroy us if he ever gets out is a very compelling plot - especially when enemies threaten to unleash him.