Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    To be a little cynical here, I did not like the Congress woman politicizing the call. Actually seeing her interview she did not come across as trustworthy.

Then here comes Donny Orange Turd claiming to have it recorded. We'll call me frickin shocked he LIED!
    We don't actually know if he lied. What we know is that he's not releasing the tape. Even if he did have it on tape, there's zero chance his lawyers would allow him to release it as it would show a pattern the president would have for recording all phone calls, even those to a bereaved soldiers family. Essentially opens them up to contempt of court and additional obstruction charges for failing to release all his other phone calls when he was asked for phone recordings between him and comey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    We don't actually know if he lied. What we know is that he's not releasing the tape. Even if he did have it on tape, there's zero chance his lawyers would allow him to release it as it would show a pattern the president would have for recording all phone calls, even those to a bereaved soldiers family. Essentially opens them up to contempt of court and additional obstruction charges for failing to release all his other phone calls when he was asked for phone recordings between him and comey.
    Press Secretary Sanders said there was no recording. I mean...
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Press Secretary Sanders said there was no recording. I mean...
    You trust anything that comes from this administration's press secretary? That's the thing with people who lie all the time. We've got zero idea when they're telling the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    This forum is so completely biased, it needs to have some kind of balance, don't ya think? LOL!
    30% of Americans approve of the job Trump is doing. I think we as a forum meet that quota.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I post inbetween doing things I enjoy over all I don’t really care at all about 99% of what trump does or probably half the threads I post in. Sorry I have different priority’s of what o care about I guess or reasons why I post in threads.

As to closure I don’t expect to get any i expect to go home do something I enjoy and not think about this thread or topic again until I see I got a reply then ignore that reply as I’ve lost interest as I do with 90% of threads I post in.
    Yeah it's not like its the future of our country or anything.

Good luck with your pog collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You are not a soldier and you are not even from US. You had Ireland as your location and changed it to what you have now, after I called you out on it.
    In your world if you live in the US you can't travel outside the US? I also would like to point that you are slow at picking up Jokes, the town was called "Effin limerick Ireland"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    How funny, , I reported him.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actual made international news, must be a slow day since this really is neither new or even surprising behavior.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Yeah it's not like its the future of our country or anything.

Good luck with your pog collection.
    It’s always the future of the country that’s never made me care before and doesn’t make me care now either things are going to work out or they won’t either way nothing I do is going to have an effect on the outcome. I’d rather care about things I can effect rather then geting all up in a fuss on a gaming forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The Associated Press tried to get in contact with the 43 families of the 43 servicemen slain since Jan 20.

They found 18.

Trump hadn't called 9 of them.
    Oh boy, this hole Trump started digging for himself keeps magically getting deeper and deeper. It's like he's been working on it in secret for months and finally decided to unveil it, and now we get to see how deep it really goes.

How much more are Republicans going to let him diminish the office he holds and disrespect our military and their families?

15+ Year Old Account
    It’s always the future of the country that’s never made me care before and doesn’t make me care now either things are going to work out or they won’t either way nothing I do is going to have an effect on the outcome. I’d rather care about things I can effect rather then geting all up in a fuss on a gaming forum.
    This is significant because it's just a continuing trend of Trump setting a terrible and embarrassing precedent for our sitting president. If this were a one-off I wouldn't think much of it either. But it's not. It's a pattern of shitty behavior that Trump needs to be held accountable for.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet here you are.

There’s an awful lot of people “not caring” who continue to post...

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how he in his reply attempts to remember the name, stutters almost for a second and says "the woman".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Yet here you are.

There’s an awful lot of people “not caring” who continue to post...
    There are no threads i find interesting at the moment and nothing I want to read. My job leaves me with time I can post while I work and I have nothing better to do so why not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    This is significant because it's just a continuing trend of Trump setting a terrible and embarrassing precedent for our sitting president. If this were a one-off I wouldn't think much of it either. But it's not. It's a pattern of shitty behavior that Trump needs to be held accountable for.
    Ya he does stuff like this all the time but what can the average person do about it? Dudes a jerk but unless he does something to get empeached it’s not like the average person can do any thing so why care when there are more important personal things to care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How much more are Republicans going to let him diminish the office he holds and disrespect our military and their families?
    As much as it takes to cram as much of their half-baked, kneejerk agenda down the American public's throats as they can.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a veteran I will tell you, that you indeed do understand what youre getting yourself into, and you do it with honor and pride.

He knew what he was doing, and he knew the possibilities, especially as an 18X (Special Forces Infantry)

Quote Originally Posted by Toogoodman View Post
    As a veteran I will tell you, that you indeed do understand what youre getting yourself into, and you do it with honor and pride.

He knew what he was doing, and he knew the possibilities, especially as an 18X (Special Forces Infantry)
    That doesn't make it even remotely appropriate to say that to a grieving widow.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 Steps of Trump putting his foot in it.

1) Hold press conference, incoherently babble.
    2) Without any prompt, unnecessarily criticize Obama/Fake News/Democrats for something that they didn't do
    3) Do the thing you've just criticized someone for in Step 2).
    4) Deny everything, say you were joking, or call it Fake News.

(1) Your nihilism is boring.

(2) Everybody can make a difference in small and big ways is a fact, not a cliche.

(3) Given that so much of what enabled Trump to be President occurred on the internet (namely Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and 4chan), and Edward Snowden got radicalized in Ars Technica's forums... you'd think in 2017 we'd have long moved past "it's just a gaming forum". And you know, World of Warcraft... small indie game by a small indie company.

- - - Updated - - -

The exact quote wasn't a consoling "he knew what he was getting into" in the sense of him being brave. It was a callous "he knew what he was getting into"... like a "why are you crying over it?" way of saying it.

Specifically he said:

"he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt."

Donald Trump never gives second thoughts to the wellfare of his props though. Which is all the armed forces are to him. Its why he wants a ridiculous 3rd world military parade with tanks and jets. It's why he wants a 30,000 weapon nuclear arsenal. It's why he decorated every 4 feet his oval office with military flags with their ribbons.

I mean seriously, what the hell is this?
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-10-19 at 06:06 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

this has nothing to do with political agenda partisanship, this is simply human decency. You don't say to a grieving widow and mother "he knew what he signed up for". you don't. Say some sappy stuff about honor, courage, devotion, patriot, he will never be forgotten this kind of thing that help through the pain.

It's almost as this man has no feeling inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Donald Trump never gives second thoughts to the wellfare of his props though.
    Before anyone challenges Skroe on this, a reminder: Trump didn't even know the soldier's name.