Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation When is the 8.0 Beta?

How soon after the next expansion is announced do you think the Beta will begin?

Isn't there an Alpha stage before the Beta?

My guess is Beta will begin sometime in January. Last 6 months and expansion will be released in June / July.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha in like March, beta in early Summer, release in September-November.

As always.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

We need an alpha before beta begins.

Legion's alpha took, what, 5 months?

So, not for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe we already had the alpha?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    No, don't. Just don't. We played that pants on fire speculation game with Legion and were all disappointed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They could be having an internal Alpha right now. Which is why I said beta begins in January / Feb and the game releases 6 months after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How soon after the next expansion is announced do you think the Beta will begin?

Isn't there an Alpha stage before the Beta?

My guess is Beta will begin sometime in January. Last 6 months and expansion will be released in June / July.
    More than likely it's Internal Alpha now, possibility of Alpha after announcement then as you said Jay Beta in January then expansion in June/July.

- - - Updated - - -

They could be having an internal Alpha right now. Which is why I said beta begins in January / Feb and the game releases 6 months after that.
    This close to Blizzcon they will have Internal Alpha and even Beta builds.

I thought the alphas were always friends and family

Deleted
    They could be having an internal Alpha right now.
    Or they could not.
    No one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    We need an alpha before beta begins.
    Legion 'sort of' didn't have an alpha phase... it was very bizarre in that sense.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Or they could not.
    No one knows.
    You really think they don't have Internal Alpha builds this close to announcing an expansion?

Be a bit realistic. Any company this close to revealing a new game will have internal builds of the game. Hell they plan at least 2 expansions ahead if we go by old interviews.

How will they show a floor demo without an internal build which is what the 8.0 Beta update could suggest?

They probably have early Beta builds of it as well as Alphas.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-19 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Legion 'sort of' didn't have an alpha phase... it was very bizarre in that sense.
    WOD was even weirder. It's alpha lasted 23 days. Baffling, really.

They've never released the expansion less than 11-12 months after the expansion announcement. It has always been in the 11-15 month range, with most recent expansions being 11-12 months. Therefore, it's highly likely that the next expansion is being planned to launch somewhere between October and December 2018.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    They've never released the expansion less than 11-12 months after the expansion announcement. It has always been in the 11-15 month range, with most recent expansions being 11-12 months. Therefore, it's highly likely that the next expansion is being planned to launch somewhere between October and December 2018.
    Whats to say that since ramping up their development team, and it seems like they are really gelling now, the timeframe shortens from announcement to launch.

Also:

Time to start posting this again ...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It will be early 2017 for sure which will be funny because the actually announcement will come before the final raid tier is even opened. Not the biggest fan of that honestly. I like the faster patch cycles but think a quicker beta test is also needed. Let's see what happens.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Alpha in like March, beta in early Summer, release in September-November.

As always.
    I do not see this happening at all lol, Announcement at Blizzcon, Beta starts at blizzcon, beta till Feb-Mar, Release date April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    I do not see this happening at all lol, Announcement at Blizzcon, Beta starts at blizzcon, beta till Feb-Mar, Release date April.
    Thats a little too quick of a timeline, especially since Antorus will be released at or around Blizzcon. a 5 month final tier is never a good idea.

9 month final tier seems ideal.

Thats a little too quick of a timeline, especially since Antorus will be released at or around Blizzcon. a 5 month final tier is never a good idea.

9 month final tier seems ideal.
    Like someone said times are changing, with the way they have been going I see this as a very possible scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Time to start posting this again ...
    Just so we are clear, the public test started before Christmas 2015 for legion. It was a very long alpha but it was more complete than most expansions beta other than the classes. That graph is horribly misleading because other expansions usually left alpha to very few individuals and for a very short term. You'd want to graph when each was playable by a representative community from now on, as things have clearly changed.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV