Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Gamefreak/Nintendo really get what people mean when they say they want more post-game.

To me at least it is very much NOT post-league story content, rather it is the gameplay loop that exists once everything else is over. The core element of post-game to me is replayability. And frankly, the battle tower just doesn't friggin cut it. Now getting more story content is neat I guess but it just isn't what I, and I assume many others, are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    I don't think Gamefreak/Nintendo really get what people mean when they say they want more post-game.

To me at least it is very much NOT post-league story content, rather it is the gameplay loop that exists once everything else is over. The core element of post-game to me is replayability. And frankly, the battle tower just doesn't friggin cut it. Now getting more story content is neat I guess but it just isn't what I, and I assume many others, are asking for.
    There is an endless gameplay loop for postgame.

It's called Battle Spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There is an endless gameplay loop for postgame.

It's called Battle Spot.
    Which is something that you can only play when you have internet access at which point I have to ask why not just play on Showdown for more convenience? Battle Spot is a waste of time in my opinion, both in regards to the formats available and the fact that I can play said formats on a better system.

But fair enough, maybe that's just on me. I just want Battle Frontier to be back .

Which is something that you can only play when you have internet access at which point I have to ask why not just play on Showdown for more convenience? Battle Spot is a waste of time in my opinion, both in regards to the formats available and the fact that I can play said formats on a better system.

But fair enough, maybe that's just on me. I just want Battle Frontier to be back .
    Well that is what game freak thinks. Better online connectivity means to them that they don't need to design repeatable gameplay for postgame beyond the Battle Tree. Players will be the content themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that is what game freak thinks. Better online connectivity means to them that they don't need to design repeatable gameplay for postgame beyond the Battle Tree. Players will be the content themselves.
    Well yeah that's what I mean that they don't get it. Battle Tree (and Battle Spot, fine) just doesn't cut it for me. I mean they wouldn't even have to bring back different buildings for everything. Just bring back those formats in an offline environment and put them into the battle tree. Doesn't take that much designing I feel.

Totally agree. The best post game we've had was bw2. PWT and black tower gave me a reason to play the games for a pretty long time. PvP is fine and all but for casual players a lack of repeatable battle content is what kills interest in keeping the games in their 3ds.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

It's what I want. Once I beat the story I stop playing unless it's a new gen, then I finish living dex and quit. I have no interest in doing any of that min maxing esports stuff I just want more story mode to play through
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    The pokemon twitter account has confirmed Mewtwo and other pokemon will be available through the Wormholes.

And Shigeru Ohrimori has confirmed in an interview with IGN that USUM will be the last main games on the 3ds.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    The pokemon twitter account has confirmed Mewtwo and other pokemon will be available through the Wormholes.

And Shigeru Ohrimori has confirmed in an interview with IGN that USUM will be the last main games on the 3ds.
    Well...looks like i wont be buying new 3ds then.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Source: serebii

- - - Updated - - -

Sry, its midnight, im tiird :/
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well...looks like i wont be buying new 3ds then.
    I mean, there's literally no reason to buy 3DS now unless your current one breaks or is banned due to CFW.

I can't see how non-mobile Pokemon could be a good thing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I can't see how non-mobile Pokemon could be a good thing.
    It is still portable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is still portable.

Probaly they will realise something like switch-3ds or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Probaly they will realise something like switch-3ds or something.
    Current Switch is portable enough, dunno if a smaller one with smaller screen wouls even work. The game UI has to work on 1080p TVs too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Switch is portable enough, dunno if a smaller one with smaller screen wouls even work. The game UI has to work on 1080p TVs too.
    Switch mini

smaller screen, non removable joycons/built in shell, no dock included but compatible with old docks. cheaper switch micro
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It is still portable.
    You're right, just with a far shorter battery life, a larger "mobile device" that takes up more room, and costs three times of their usual mobile device to play. Oh yeah, real mobile.

A 50 pound book bag filled with school books was also mobile, but no one liked that.
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2017-10-20 at 04:24 AM.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    You're right, just with a far shorter battery life, a larger "mobile device" that takes up more room, and costs three times of their usual mobile device to play. Oh yeah, real mobile.

A 50 pound book bag filled with school books was also mobile, but no one liked that.
    It is barely larger than 3DS, smaller than most tablets and just bit longer and thicker than phones. How is it not portable?

That's just sad news

Also yes, switch is considered mobile but also has only one screen if in mobile mode. So either they change the UI totally or am not sure how it would be playable in that mobile mode. Also my N3DS is crying in the corner right now...