10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    So then, the movie is really about letting Jedi be a bit more angry, or passionate, or whatever, without losing their shit.
    Which was a major element of Luke's New Jedi Order in the old EU, being able to be "human" as opposed to cutting yourself off from everything.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Then there are some who believe that balance in the Force implies that both sides are equal, or equaly used. Okay... Let's see what are the Light and Dark sides. If the Light Side is good and the Dark Side is evil, then there cannot be balance between the two. Because if balance is desirable, then it is good, therefore it is of the Light. Also, good and evil is like clean and dirty.
    That's some mental gymnastics right there. If balance is good then neither light nor dark are good on their own they are BAD on their own because if one of them dominates - the balance is broken.

Jedi are not about balance. They are a force of order, and the Sith are the force of chaos. That's the clear message of all the SW movies. They are both in the wrong and only together they can bring the balance. There cannot be good without bad and there cannot be balance without either order or chaos. Some chaos is needed to get things done, some order is needed to define which things need to be done. It's the way of life. Using the energy of destroyed things to create new things. Balance ensures that neither of the forces goes over board. Too much order - stagnation and death. Too much chaos - everything is destroyed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    kylo was underwhelming and drastically nerfed in mmo terms. He had training, he was the strongest force user we've ever seen, he was able to stop a bolt in mid air as if it was nothing and focus on a conversation, he was able to read minds in a way that not even vader shown capable of doing and yet he was wounded by Finn who had no saber or jedi training, and rey who had nothing either, OK the whole "her mind was wiped" concept, she still wouldn't remember how to do shit. The movie was garbage and this one will be garbage.
    Wait wat. Is this true?

If so, this is why I hate canon. It's like neither George Lucas or any of the new SW directors have ever played the games or read the novels.

The idea that he's the strongest Force user we've ever seen is just conjecture by that poster. So is the idea that his training was complete, as Snoke even said in the movie, "Now it's time to complete your training...." after the movie was over.

Finn wounded him because he'd been shot in the stomach with a bolt caster from Chewy, and the movie literally spent like two scenes showing how that weapon fucking annhilated, to the point of knocking people like 20 feet back, normal people.

People just want to hate because they want to hate.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayv View Post
    Wait wat. Is this true?

If so, this is why I hate canon. It's like neither George Lucas or any of the new SW directors have ever played the games or read the novels.
    It’s probably not true his whole post is full of nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s probably not true his whole post is full of nonsense.

What did he say that was nonsense?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Why do people defend rey? she was overpowered and kylo was underwhelming and drastically nerfed in mmo terms. He had training, he was the strongest force user we've ever seen, he was able to stop a bolt in mid air as if it was nothing and focus on a conversation, he was able to read minds in a way that not even vader shown capable of doing and yet he was wounded by Finn who had no saber or jedi training, and rey who had nothing either, OK the whole "her mind was wiped" concept, she still wouldn't remember how to do shit. The movie was garbage and this one will be garbage.
    First off Rey isn’t over powered in any way in the fight and kylo wansnt nerfed in any way. Kylo is a flawed sith who doesnt have proper control over his emotions he was more or less an emotional reck after killing Han then he got shot and was pretty heavily injured looked like. He beat Finn pretty easily but his fight with Finn showed how he was a horrible sith. If it was any sith of note they would have used the force to just sniff our Finn instead of going into an unneeded saber battle while injured.

Kylo is also not any where close to the strong best force user we have seen and stoping a blaster bolt mid air might be flashy but it’s also unneeded and impractical as Vader and other sith have stopped bolts at there hands with no effort. The only thing of note kylo has is some sort of force torture which really wasn’t explored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    What did he say that was nonsense?
    Read my next post it’s doesn’t cover all the flaws but enouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kylo is a flawed sith who doesnt have proper control over his emotions he was more or less an emotional reck after killing Han
    Sith literally draw their power from negative emotions, though.

If anything he should have been more powerful and dangerous in that state than previously, where he was more confused than sad or angry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

If anything he should have been more powerful and dangerous in that state than previously, where he was more confused than sad or angry.
    sith draw there power from there emotions ya but they can also control them and don't tend to have little hissy fits like kylo does. he also isn't a full sith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Sith draw their power from emotions period. Good ones. Bad ones. But Sith take it to an extreme. Any humanoid creature feeling extreme emotions (of any sort) is going to lose focus. Kylo lost focus. Which is pretty par for the course with Sith. They may gain power, but they lose the mental discipline to control that power as their emotions grow. It's why Anakin, who was quite skilled with a lightsaber, lost to Obi-Wan his emotions were running so high that while he gained power, he lost focus and discipline.

He was he was just less focused.

I don't understand why people are so unclear on this. It's written into practically every Sith ever. The more heightened their emotional state the less disciplined and focused they become. Sure, sometimes they are able to simply bash their way through a problem with the increased power but a lot of times they miss things right in front of them and get cut down.

Beyond that, I applaud @Daemos daemonium for actually addressing that post by @dipzz it's so horrifying to even read my brain hurts looking at it.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Sith draw their power from emotions period. Good ones. Bad ones. But Sith take it to an extreme. Any humanoid creature feeling extreme emotions (of any sort) is going to lose focus. Kylo lost focus. Which is pretty par for the course with Sith. They may gain power, but they lose the mental discipline to control that power as their emotions grow. It's why Anakin, who was quite skilled with a lightsaber, lost to Obi-Wan his emotions were running so high that while he gained power, he lost focus and discipline.

He was he was just less focused.

I don't understand why people are so unclear on this. It's written into practically every Sith ever. The more heightened their emotional state the less disciplined and focused they become. Sure, sometimes they are able to simply bash their way through a problem with the increased power but a lot of times they miss things right in front of them and get cut down.

Beyond that, I applaud @Daemos daemonium for actually addressing that post by @dipzz it's so horrifying to even read my brain hurts looking at it.
    I was planing on going into more detail after I got home linking cannon comic pictures and the scene where Vader reads lukes mind about leyia as he said Vader never did. But I got home there was a puppy waiting for me who wanted to go out so I figured what I had was good enouth.

*rabid foaming at the mouth*

Anakin is the strongest force user from my understanding. Qui-Gon Jinn said that he had The highest known midi-chlorian count—over 20,000 per cell which should make it official cannon hes the strongest force user ever documented *heavy breathing*. Hes so force savvy it makes him the best pilot in teh star wars universe also which cant be underestimated as hes been a keen force user since he was a kid racing pod racers.

Yoda may be an exception but lacks ambition of the sith so its wasted

I remember reading some super nerdy shit somewhere that said Anakin's connection to the Force was weakened when he had half his body amputated... No idea how accurate that is (as far as fictional crap that can get made up/changed on the fly goes). But it's stuff like that that reminds me how much I hate the introduction of midichlorians. Would have been so much nicer if they just left it ambiguous.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-10-20 at 08:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I remember reading some super nerdy shit somewhere that said Anakin's connection to the Force was weakened when he had half his body amputated... No idea how accurate that is (as far as fictional crap that can get made up/changed on the fly goes). But it's stuff like that that reminds me how much I hate the introduction of midichlorians. Would have been so much nicer if they just left it ambiguous.
    Midichlorians are counted within a cell not the whole body. The more midichlorians are in each of your cells - the more powerful you are in the Force, POTENTIALLY, because you also have to be sensitive to the Force to wield it thru midi-chlorians. Thus it doesn't matter how many cells are in your body. Just how much midichlorians you have within a single cell. Otherwise Yoda would've been less powerful than many taller and bigger Jedi due to the fact that he had less cells to begin with.

So as long as there's some biology to you - you are as strong a Force user as a pure biological being, if you are sensitive to the Force that is.

Also the concept of Midichlorians is as old as A New Hope, it just weren't mentioned in the original trilogy.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I believe the reasoning is that Anakin is so badly wounded he's barely alive, thus hampering his connection to the force. There's some speculation that Palpatine did this on purpose as he foresaw Anakin becoming much more powerful than him.

Just, be kind.

The reason was fairly obvious already from Empire Strikes Back, I do believe it was elaborated in the EU and even now later is part of the canon, think there was mention of it in one of the Vader comics/book

Force thrives from life, 'luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.'

And Vader was more machine than a man as per Obi-Wan's words and his reconstruction on the table and life hanging on his suit showcases that.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The reason was fairly obvious already from Empire Strikes Back, I do believe it was elaborated in the EU and even now later is part of the canon, think there was mention of it in one of the Vader comics/book

Force thrives from life, 'luminous beings we are, not this crude matter.'

And Vader was more machine than a man as per Obi-Wan's words and his reconstruction on the table and life hanging on his suit showcases that.
    I don’t know if he’s weaker because of the robot bits I think he might be holding him self back subconsciously. In one of the last Vader comics we see him have a vision of him killing the emperor and turning him self into obi-wan and being forgiven. I think he hates him self to much at this point to want forgiveness and thus follows the emperor instead out of some kind of self loathing.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2017-10-20 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Just saw trailer and whohoo hyped! Will he push the button? And about that Snoke - is it known by now if he is a complete new character?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Just saw trailer and whohoo hyped! Will he push the button? And about that Snoke - is it known by now if he is a complete new character?
    I really hope he isn’t a completely new character some new evil guy just showing up out of nowhere leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Deleted
    I really hope he isn’t a completely new character some new evil guy just showing up out of nowhere leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    I agree. I really hoped the Plagueis theory was correct but it got burned a lot.