Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    ofc they dont want mythic to be "broken" but in the end they dont even care. and if you really think shareholders care for happy players.. you are wrong... they care for money... and less people paying more money still makes the run...

they dont care for millions of subs when they can earn double that with just a sold wowtoken.

means if tuning is out of hand (which all of legion was the case with crazy mid-tier tuning undertuning overtuning etc.) its not that important for blizzard anymore.

and since you need to attack me... i dont think you can comprehend what really matters for the industry today.
    I have put in bold the bullshit just to concentrate on that point by point.

First of all "they don't even care" is totally taken out of your ass, you have more than enough passionate developers in Blizzard working on WoW who care A LOT about what they do. You think you can make successful game and a good expansion like Legion by not caring? Really?

Secondly, investors care about $$ alright and you know what is the best way to get $$ in gaming business - it is offer to players something they consider fun, so they will be ready to give their $$ to have that fun, so yes, believe it or not, for investors a product being good is important. Something that is not fun does not sell, as simple as that.

So yes, reality is, much to your surprise is that investors are very interested in WoW being fun and WoW is being worked on by very passionate people, for some of which Blizzard and Warcraft is, quite literally, their life's work. Saying they "do not care" is outright retarded statement taken out of your little spiteful self.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Heck, the whole previous expansion just shows how this "shareholders" talk is just bullshit. In WoD you could not login at all and only show up for raids and it was fine, because there really was nothing useful to do, even for casual players.

What happened to this delay everyone with grinds for shareholders sake plan there? It was not "basic modern business" time yet? In short you are talking out of your ass, bigjason.

The "grind" we have now happened as a direct result of players quitting in droves, because there was literally nothing to do in WoD outside raids, which was a whole what, 1 year ago and a bit?
    exacly...

and just as you said... WOD delivered a massiv blow to blizzard... if you want to belive it or not... they wont admit it... thats why these 2 addons are so different from eachother.

its okay. you cant understand it. i dont want to go into detail and explain every little bit for you because all you can see is black and white.
    so just another little example for you: M+ is just a huge grind.. and there is an audience which is grinding the shit out of it.
    every sold token for some boosts is more worth then a montly sub.

but yeah.. just conspiracy

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah. MYTA!!! LUL. bump!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyK View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do Blizz "designed and balance" a mythic raid around Method?

Most guild would have achieved the ilvl that Method had on their world first. Or even higher. A lot of nerfs had been put in place. Yet you still don't see these guilds killing M KJ. In fact I know a lot of Heroic guilds on my realm that were H8/9 and STILL on H8/9 after crucible was released.

Blizz don't balance around Method. They don't balance at all. They just plain suck at it. Method merely became their Live playtesters for free. How do you balance when it doesn't matter if you're ilvl 920 or 950, the raid mechanic one shot you anyway should you fail the mechanic. After a series nerfs, there isn't really an encounter in M ToS that are HARD dps check.
    u have no idea what u're talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    yeah lets become destiny 2 where teh prestige raid came out and guilds cleared it in 2 hours and are now carrying viewers through it day 2 on twitch... Only reason to raid mythic is if progression lasts atleast 5-8 weeks for non shit a 16 hour guilds if it takes less then no reason to even raid mythic with what it takes to get ready for prog..
    But I find it funny, when top end players have the same gripes as low end players.

If you find this game too easy, or too hard, find a different game. It would be obvious that you are much too skilled for this game, you need to find something else. Screwing over a majority of players to cater too a couple hundred is asinine at best, and worst, going to make more players leave then not.

Deleted
    I have put in bold the bullshit just to concentrate on that point by point.

First of all "they don't even care" is totally taken out of your ass, you have more than enough passionate developers in Blizzard working on WoW who care A LOT about what they do. You think you can make successful game and a good expansion like Legion by not caring? Really?

Secondly, investors care about $$ alright and you know what is the best way to get $$ in gaming business - it is offer to players something they consider fun, so they will be ready to give their $$ to have that fun, so yes, believe it or not, for investors a product being good is important. Something that is not fun does not sell, as simple as that.

So yes, reality is, much to your surprise is that investors are very interested in WoW being fun and WoW is being worked on by very passionate people, for some of which Blizzard and Warcraft is, quite literally, their life's work. Saying they "do not care" is outright retarded statement taken out of your little spiteful self.

if they would care so much for the big playerbase to be happy? why is every game comming out with DLCs lootboxes etc while the majority of the players are openly against such stuff? because whales pay more then 12million subs for wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    so just another little example for you: M+ is just a huge grind.. and there is an audience which is grinding the shit out of it.

but yeah.. just conspiracy
    M+ exists because people rightfully complained that dungeons become irrelevant as we go on.

The "grind" part is a self-inflicted injury by another small % of playerbase, for example I literally do 1 M+ dungeon per week and I am mythic raider, how so? Blizzard commands me to grind M+ after all? Not...

This is yet another type of content that can be taken too far by small number of tryhards, in a same way like you have a whole community of people doing ERP in frikkin' Goldshire.

In short, get off your conspiracy meds.

- - - Updated - - -

if they would care so much for the big playerbase to be happy? why is every game comming out with DLCs lootboxes etc while the majority of the players are openly against such stuff? because whales pay more then 12million subs for wow.
    And this has to do with WoW what? WoW is not your usual seasonal hit and run scam you see from the likes of Epic or NCSoft, some products are literally meant to be that - whale hunting and this is not WoW.

They can tune it as high as they are now, they just need to go back to actually doing tuning on raids as time goes on. They've barely touched raid tuning this expansion once things have gone live outside of gigantic nerfbats when there's a couple weeks left of the content being relevant. "We'll fix it for next tier" is terrible reasoning.

Deleted
    M+ exists because people rightfully complained that dungeons become irrelevant as we go on.

The "grind" part is a self-inflicted injury by another small % of playerbase, for example I literally do 1 M+ dungeon per week and I am mythic raider, how so? Blizzard commands me to grind M+ after all? Not...

This is yet another type of content that can be taken too far by small number of tryhards, in a same way like you have a whole community of people doing ERP in frikkin' Goldshire.

In short, get off your conspiracy meds.

- - - Updated - - -

And this has to do with WoW what? WoW is not your usual seasonal hit and run scam you see from the likes of Epic or NCSoft, some products are literally meant to be that - whale hunting and this is not WoW.
    you really think i say "blizzard doesnt care if there is only 1 player playing"? holy hell... you dont understand a single thing about anything in this world... and how the gaming industry changed in the last years... OFC they want the game to be succssesful (how is that the question anyway? wtf). people think balancing is a major problem for blizzard... which is just not the case.. (it would be worse if the content was undertuned)

and you are so salty and toxic in your replys. i wont even bother trying to explain to you what you cant comprehend. white knighting would be a mild word to be used for you.
    see.. you cant even understand that the example with the DLCs was meant for your statement that shareholders care for happy customers... they care for the money.. and if they earn more money with less happy people.. they still earn more money. you are helpless. sorry.
    Last edited by mmoc1e65e16b4e; 2017-10-19 at 09:38 PM.

They have to make them as difficult as they are for the first few weeks after mythic unlocks. The reason why is very simple; to keep the world first race a bit more interesting, tedious and lenghtier than it would be otherwise. If they made it any easier, mythic would be cleared with two weeks with a much smaller number of wipes.

Once the first kill comes in, Blizzard starts rolling the nerfs out in order to make the end-game viable for a wider audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    The whole lootboxes thing was some sort of desperate attempt to reinforce you hallucinations about WoW, you are the one who brought it out, but the context is simply not even related here.

Honestly, it's no point even arguing with you, because people even in this thread pretty much consider your ravings to be a product of sick mind, rather than reality. Not even sure why I should argue with a guy who things that Mythic Raids balancing is done to placate shareholders lust for money.

I really should have stopped just there, because all you do since then is simply attempting to drag me down to your level and then beat me with your experience.

Since the Netherlight Crucible has been active, both Avatar and Kil'jaeden have been pretty accessible fights. If you haven't killed them by now it's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    They can tune it as high as they are now, they just need to go back to actually doing tuning on raids as time goes on. They've barely touched raid tuning this expansion once things have gone live outside of gigantic nerfbats when there's a couple weeks left of the content being relevant. "We'll fix it for next tier" is terrible reasoning.

Wait until last 2 weeks?

You realize this is the 4th round of documented mechanical nerfs to KJ right?

The first round started 2 days after the world second kill.

Yes, it's still really hard but your statement about them just leaving it alone is objectively wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well said. Our casual guild is struggling with mythic bosses. I'm raiding 10 years and it's the first addon, where gear completely screwed. It's killing fun of raiding.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    - Said by someone who has never set foot inside mythic. There's a world of difference between challenging content and content designed to be frustrating.
    Are you upset because EN set the bar low and now you've learned you're not really a Mythic raider? Sorry, the most difficult content in the game should be difficult and your raid members performing at their best should be expected. If you can't cut it in Mythic there are three other more casual difficulty settings available.

10+ Year Old Account
    "WoD was well-tuned"

Blackhand would like a word

Deleted
    Tos up to avatar was rather easy, besides mistress after the 3 tank strat nerf was quite hard.

However, they can balance Avatar/KJ for top guilds because unless you are in a top guild, you won't see it unnerfed anyway.

The more DPS you do the easier it is all you need to do is slightly change your strategy and not try to religiously copy paste what you seen on youtube or twitch. Finally if you are hellbent on doing that in a specific way you can always do a simple thing... stop dps and wait for good opportunity to drop fish for everyone.

When our Raid Leader calls stop DPS, we put our e-peen back in our pants and stop DPS, so we transition or trigger mechanic when it's a good time to do so and not just bum rush into 50 things together and get owned. We did it on Mistress at some specific point.

As a whole, Mistress with more DPS is significantly easier because you can finish the fight with more people dead instead of enraging. Mistress does not have any mechanics that wipe raid if one guy fails it (except for maybe dropping fish in melee which is simply retarded really), so more DPS means you can afford more deaths and it makes it "easy" really.

Besides the hardest part of it is P3 and fish is FFA personal responsibility there and you can drop it super easy there, on the other hand more DPS allows to finish that part faster and allows to have more dead people. Don't see how you think DPS makes Mistress harder, seriously.
    i kinda edited my post to reflect my views more clearly, it's not really that it gets harder, it's that it becomes harder (well impossible without SERIOUS meddling) to do proper dps, making you do less dps for doing more dps is just not good design

plus being stuck in a stun for 5-6 seconds because therre's nothing else to drop the fish with, and then not getting dispelled cos there's more stunned people than healers, just makes me want to kill myself

its okay. you cant understand it. i dont want to go into detail and explain every little bit for you because all you can see is black and white.
    mythic+ hasnt been a grind since nighthold came out, are you even playing anymore?

i killed mythic KJ and i do one a week
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-10-19 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    The whole lootboxes thing was some sort of desperate attempt to reinforce you hallucinations about WoW, you are the one who brought it out, but the context is simply not even related here.

Honestly, it's no point even arguing with you, because people even in this thread pretty much consider your ravings to be a product of sick mind, rather than reality. Not even sure why I should argue with a guy who things that Mythic Raids balancing is done to placate shareholders lust for money.

I really should have stopped just there, because all you do since then is simply attempting to drag me down to your level and then beat me with your experience.
    Ad hominem

10+ Year Old Account
    Ad hominem
    Paranoia...