Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Alt✰Hero Comic Book Issues a Right-Wing Challenge to SJW Marvel, DC Comics

It's a frustrating, yet exciting, time to be part of the counter-culture. While all the big conglomerates seem stacked against us, there are a few bright spots. Recently #comicsgate shone a spotlight on how unhappy fans are with Marvel, D.C. Comics, and other major players in the industry. The constant meddling and messing with well-loved superheroes and characters to mold them into feminist fantasies has worn very thin with the fans who are crying out for better material. But the criticism has fallen on the deaf ears of industry titans who prefer to attack their consumers instead. The problem has left hundreds of thousands of comics fans with very little of the entertainment they prefer. Vox Day, game designer, political philosopher, and founder of Castalia House, saw the need for real diversity in comics and answered the call with a crowdfunded project called AltHero.

Vox Day is the author of the philosophy bestseller, SJWs Always Double Down. AltHero raised a staggering $25,000 four hours after going live on a crowdfunding site. A few short days later the campaign had exceeded its goal by almost 600 percent with $122,000 in donations. PJ Media reached out to Vox Day to find out more about his overnight hit.

"I was astonished, actually. I knew that people were angry about the way social justice warriors have destroyed traditional superheroes, but I didn't realize just how eager they were for an alternative," he said. "Of course, the way the SJWs on Twitter completely freaked out over Rebel and the existence of the project didn't exactly hurt."

Rebel has become the stand-out hero of the upcoming series and she seems to resonate the most with fans. She is beautifully drawn in the classic superhero style but seems to always be losing part of her costume.

Credit/ Alt★Hero, Castalia House Publishing

"Being a good Southern girl, Rebel made her own costume, and the straps are supposed to be tied. However, considering how often they seem to come undone, she is giving some serious thought to having someone design her a more practical outfit," Day explained. The stars and bars are an unmistakable tweak to the SJWs who get triggered at the very thought of a Confederate flag (remember this lunatic?). Obviously, Day isn't shrinking away from politics in these stories.

"The idea that there can be politics-free comics when everything from going to the ladies room to playing video games has been politicized is utterly absurd," he quipped. "It would be like ignoring the existence of Nazis during World War II or of Soviets during the Cold War," he argued. "The problem with Marvel and DC is not so much that they have injected politics into comics, but that they ruthlessly sacrifice the stories and even the traditional superheroes on the altar of their social justice agenda."
    You can read the rest of the article at: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/vox-da...ge-sjw-marvel/

So, what do you think about this? Yay or nay? Something in between? Are the creators of this new comic on to something, or are they just going to crash and burn? For some time now people were complaining over the state of Marvel & DC Comics. But is that enough to get the frustrated readers to check some new titles or do you think people just want their old favourites back? And most important question, is this a swan song for the dying comics industry, or is it a precursor to the renaissance of the comics industry.

What do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    If they can make money from it, more power to them.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

It looks like a rip-off to me because the art is horrid but to each there own. I just watched the trailer that production quality Jesus fucking Christ.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-10-19 at 09:50 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Given the shit storm a tiny YouTube channel like Diversity & Comics can stir up, I expect this to trigger the hell out of Marvel.

"Cleaning up the streets one illegal at a time."

I wonder what other "anti-sjw" stuff they will add to their comics that totally don't have social justice in them. Are we going to get justice guy beating up BLM and antifa, maybe we can get only-two-genders-guy policing bathrooms? I'm excited to see where this goes!

Seriously though, good luck to them. If it works it works.
    Last edited by Moralgy; 2017-10-19 at 10:00 PM.

It's time to fight identity politics with totally not our brand of identity politics.

This is just as politically in-your-face as any SJW thing Marvel has ever done, if not moreso. Not sure who they're trying to fool, or why Marvel being SJW is so horrible given that Stan Lee is well known for being the guy who started to put social issues in his comics during a time where doing such a thing was challenging the status quo.

It's almost like these anti-SJW people actually want the Comics Code back or something.

I'd rather see SJW parody, like an asexual black trans hero with cerebral palsy who brutally enforces diversity and progressive values with their super powers. Maybe they could suck the gender out of people using solid black rainbows shot from their eyes (no other colors, just black, since black is underrepresented in rainbows).

right.... because that's what people who want actual characters and stories without social justice being crammed down their throat... right...? a fucking "Empowered" knock off? and one that looks like a shes sporting a confederate flag for a costume? I'm sure it will have a decent cult following but any hopes they have of breaking into the mainstream with that is, hi-hi-hilarious.

This is a pretty great example of why conservative "art" never gets taken seriously. You have an entire crowd of alt right jackasses who will just cheerlead anything that purports to "trigger SJWs" with absolutely no regard to the quality of the product, and the writer declaring the project a success just because they raised some money on Kickstarter, nevermind the whole process of, you know, actually drawing and selling the comic.

I thought Christian chan was the first?

10+ Year Old Account
    So they're making an inferior version of this issue, with the sides reversed?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

What is it going to be about? Fighting windmills?

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    This is a pretty great example of why conservative "art" never gets taken seriously. You have an entire crowd of alt right jackasses who will just cheerlead anything that purports to "trigger SJWs" with absolutely no regard to the quality of the product, and the writer declaring the project a success just because they raised some money on Kickstarter, nevermind the whole process of, you know, actually drawing and selling the comic.
    One of the writers attatched to the project is Chuck Dixon, a long-time writer of Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Punisher, and creator of Bane. I would think that would be enough to settle any argument in regards to quality of the product. As for the final result, time will tell, won't it?

So their lead character/imagery prominently features a Confederate flag.

Interesting choice.

I'm sure the Marvel and DC are really scared and will freak out. /sarcasm

I doubt even the smaller companies would care.

Rebel... the ripoff redneck/ white trash Wonder Woman, featuring the confederate flag... how... creative.

Alt Hero?

I got a lot of Alts Heroes in WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    One of the writers attatched to the project is Chuck Dixon, a long-time writer of Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Punisher, and creator of Bane. I would think that would be enough to settle any argument in regards to quality of the product. As for the final result, time will tell, won't it?
    I mean have you seen the trailer that was the cringest thing in the world but I'll have to wait and see.

A lot of his standalone comics have mixed or low review scores.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2017-10-19 at 10:37 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Most of the big names in comics only became famous because they had good editors to rein in their worst instincts, if you read most of their vanity side projects where they aren't subjected to this kind of control it's almost universally crap. I mean comics aren't exactly a sophisticated art form to begin with, but white trash Confederate Wonder Woman is a just stooping a bit too low for all but the extreme mouthbreather crowd.