Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Saying "I'll give you this part if you suck my dick" is sexual cohesion and manipulation not to mention a exploitation of your power. It's morally wrong and legally grey at best
    I cant believe im agreeing with him but yeah, its way wrong.

Beyond coercion it also sets a bad precedence, and what becomes a task of simply "you can do this to progress" quickly is "you MUST do this to progress". Which is incredibly vile, and sounds a bit like Hollywood.

Women who use their sexuality to play male bosses for raises are bad as well, they are reinforcing this as acceptable behavior and will follow along to whoever comes next in their life.

Some people abuse power to get sex. Some people abuse their sex to get power, we all just need to be better humans.

Not to take away from the sexual abuses victims, but when did the '#' symbol change names? It has always been called the 'pound' symbol and only detracts from the people who are using "#MeToo", or (poundMeToo).

Might want to take this into consideration.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Since you're clearly aware of logical fallacies. I've gone ahead and notated your many uses. Not to mention that the very way you choose to address and structure your posts speaks to these two right here: [composition/division][texas sharpshooter]
    So not only do you not understand how "trolling" or logical fallacies works, you also don't understand how replying on a forum works? It's common/standard to split a post to address specific points. Your "logical fallacy" trip is itself a logical fallacy.

My stepdad was the child abused, and my grandparents were the ones who abused him. Pieces of the story you would have picked up on had you actually read the post. Hence the "Can you read?" question.
    This is your supposed story that others should "pick up on":

My Dad and his parents joke about how they used to lock him in his room to keep him out of trouble. LOCK HIM IN HIS ROOM... FOR HOURS!
    That's it. Most people will read this as, "sent to his room for hours", which isn't even worthy of discussion, much less a discussion about "abuse". Whether or not he was physically locked in and denied food, water or facilities is actually relevant to the severity of the supposed "abuse".

Also, this clearly happened decades before. Yes, it would be considered abuse now, but if it wasn't considered abuse then, then it wasn't abuse. Today's standards are irrelevant in regards to events that happened prior to the standard. No standards or laws are retroactive.

Neglect is ALWAYS abuse, according to the definition, according to law. Neglect = abuse. Abuse is not always neglect... but I never said it was so your entire point here was another strawman.
    I said effectively the same thing, so it's not a straw man, merely a clarification. Red is a color. So is blue. But blue is not red.

I've added you to my ignore list.
    *Fingers in ears* "LALALA"
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-10-19 at 09:30 PM.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs...1&view=Chapter 2 Definition and Scope of Neglect

Page 15 under other forms of inadequate supervision.

It is child neglect by definition of CPS (and that of any otherwise responsible or loving/caring parent).

Welcome to 2017 perhaps you would like to join us.
    what did you think you proved with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    Not to take away from the sexual abuses victims, but when did the '#' symbol change names? It has always been called the 'pound' symbol and only detracts from the people who are using "#MeToo", or (poundMeToo).

I've only ever heard it called the "hash" symbol, being from the UK. It is now used to tag a post online, hence hash-tag.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    This goes far beyond Hollywood.

The US is way behind the UK and parts of Europe in this. Judging from precedent I would be very, very surprised if a major part of the political, culture and corporate elite in the US weren't getting away with systemic paedophilia.
    I wouldn't praise the UK after they've just had problems with grooming gangs and cover up in Rotherham. There's evidence that people in higher political positions used they're position to cover up evidence and slow progress on resolving the case.

I think you can show compassion and empathy while still remain healthily skeptical of the facts.
    Except there is no facts in the hashtag(well, maybe some, but it's minuscule). I can't be compassionate to every person who has had their butt grazed once in a crowded bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's just a reflection of our sexual dimorphism, girls are different from boys.

Boys are aggressive and would welcome sexual overtures. Men have a hard time understanding why women aren't flattered. Women aren't as aggressive and they don't welcome sexual overtures. It's been this way forever.

It's in the DNA.

Yes I'm speaking in generalities.
    Interesting, so you believe that what someone tributes to actual sexual harassment and rape are part of the female experience as a whole... because they are born that way?

Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    ...so you're saying that a woman ties her desirability to whether she's been sexually harassed or not, and so should always claim she has been?

What?
    I'm saying that women who did not experience harassment are unlikely to say "no" when asked. That's why you see so many responses with a huge difference in graveness. From really serious shit like their boss pressuring them into sexual acts (from a position of power) to random whistles on the street. And here I'm already assuming that all stories are true and not made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    I'm saying that women who did not experience harassment are unlikely to say "no" when asked. That's why you see so many responses with a huge difference in graveness. From really serious shit like their boss pressuring them into sexual acts (from a position of power) to random whistles on the street. And here I'm already assuming that all stories are true and not made up.
    Do you have any evidence at all to back up that claim?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Do you have any evidence at all to back up that claim?
    What do you want evidence for? That humans lie in order to fit in, or to avoid a perceived embarassment? That there is pressure to show solidarity with your peergroup?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    LOL, you used "current year" unironically. If you have kids, god help their souls. If you don't, please never have any, because you are clearly unfit to discipline a dog, let alone a child. That's why you get so many piece of shit kids these days, because of horrible parents who would rather be friends with their kids then raise them properly.
    Uh, what fitness is required to discipline a dog exactly?

P.S. Are you implying you have children? Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    What do you want evidence for? That humans lie in order to fit in, or to avoid a perceived embarassment? That there is pressure to show solidarity with your peergroup?
    So the answer is no, then?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    whats wrong with asking woman for sex if she wants to get higher on her profession (especially in arts such as movies). If she refuses - then who cares. cant see any assault or harrasment here. IF he raped without permisson - then yes it should be punishable. But half of those women MIGHT be #metoo'ing when they before were like *yes take me to that role in movie even if it requires some bed deal*, but ofc now they are so popular that everyone would believe they was unwillingly taken to that bed. I might accept that they were but i dont belive it.
    And i dont buy that bs that they coudl be excused like this one - *If we dont give him sex he woudl take other girl which accepted to get bedded.* Who fukin cares. You either say yes or say no.

Hell on place of that guy i would sue them if they jsut talk this shit withotu any proof. Wanna accuse someone - give the fukin proof.

Personally i think It was like some huge boss with money asked girl to fuck him and he will promote her to movie. Then girl became Very popular actress. And now she is accusing him in Great Big Rape. But truth is if she didnt bed him she would do some low lvl job in 95% cases. Be fukin happy that this guy promote you to big world and it costed you only sex him.
    thats basically what i gleaned from seeing jolie and other actresses names in there. if they slept with someone to advance their career/land a role then they are just really expensive prostitutes. but like you said if it was forced sex then yeah its rape but to come out with this hashtag about hollywood or actresses getting harassed....they are some of the most attractive women with celeb status sooo...they cant expect overatures and maybe some aggressive flirting? welcome to life in general.

i already forgot the actresses name (milano maybe?) who started this, but if she started this for unity and women as a whole and not just for hollywood high end prostitutes then the actresses coming out and saying metoo when they basically did sexual acts for parts isnt that really just diminishing the women who've actually been assaulted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post

Actually in Britain # is called number as not to confuse with £ even though it means pound as in lb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jontunnel130 View Post
    thats basically what i gleaned from seeing jolie and other actresses names in there. if they slept with someone to advance their career/land a role then they are just really expensive prostitutes. but like you said if it was forced sex then yeah its rape but to come out with this hashtag about hollywood or actresses getting harassed....they are some of the most attractive women with celeb status sooo...they cant expect overatures and maybe some aggressive flirting? welcome to life in general.

i already forgot the actresses name (milano maybe?) who started this, but if she started this for unity and women as a whole and not just for hollywood high end prostitutes then the actresses coming out and saying metoo when they basically did sexual acts for parts isnt that really just diminishing the women who've actually been assaulted.
    That is a complete over simplification and by definition completely wrong.

In theory (assuming the woman isn't forced into it) prostitution is a very simple transaction, service for payment.

What has been described here in Hollywood is what is known as a Quid Pro Quo harassment, there is an EXPECTATION of favor, if said actor/actress is chosen for a given part. That favor may not be known as sex (probably naive or hopeful). They are either bribed or coerced into doing something that wouldn't otherwise have been agreeable to.

"You can either suck my dick, and be a famous movie star, or you can walk out that door and you'll be blacklisted and never work in film again."

If you don't see a problem with that... then I'm not sure what else can be said. It's wrong and in any other industry would result in HUGE payouts for the victim.

A rape victim does not have to be battered or roughed up to be considered rape. The sex itself does not have to be "rough" either. The victim does not need to "fight back" in order to be raped either. She can simply say no and feel the threat there.

In the scenario outlined about the threat is not physical violence it is career ending, life ending (a person might argue WORSE than rape). Just because YOU do not perceive or take the threat seriously does not mean it isn't real.

The only person diminishing the problem here is you. Assault and harassment can be of the same caliber. The threat of harm (tangible or intangible) is the same.

I think the #MeToo campaign is backfiring or is not what women are intending.

Overheard in the changing room of my gym today: group of guys discussing Weinstein calling him a "hero" - someone who "lived a long and fulfilled life" becuase he got to bang 500+ A-list celebrities, and how much they wished they could bang even one A-list celebrity (in particular Emily Ratajkowski).

Also, it's getting really annoying reading all the hur hur #meToo stands for poundMeToo omg womenz are so dumb posts and comments in facebook.
    Last edited by ramjb; 2017-10-30 at 06:53 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

Overheard in the changing room of my gym today: group of guys discussing Weinstein calling him a "hero" - someone who "lived and long fulfilled life" becuase he got to bang 500+ A-list celebrities, and how much they wished they could bang even one A-list celebrity (in particular Emily Ratajkowski).

Also, it's getting really annoying reading all the hur hur #meToo stands for poundMeToo omg womenz are so dumb posts and comments in facebook.
    I think #MeToo was set up by Harvey Weinsteins lawyers to distract everyone from what he did. Now its some generic "OMG men are terrible" with accusations that are completely anonymous or the accused is anonymous and the accusations themselves range from "he looked at me" and "he complimented my appearance and I felt uncomfortable" to a full on gangrape.

What Weinstein did is actionable, decades long pattern of violence and all the media is doing is obfuscating from that and these sorts of things and sweeping that under the rug while Weinstein relaxes in some spa in Arizona. We will now never know the truth of those allegations because the media will hide it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post

Overheard in the changing room of my gym today: group of guys discussing Weinstein calling him a "hero" - someone who "lived a long and fulfilled life" becuase he got to bang 500+ A-list celebrities, and how much they wished they could bang even one A-list celebrity (in particular Emily Ratajkowski).

Just sounds like your gym is full of retards

The campaign has actually been very successful the only ones saying otherwise are a handful of vocal bitter men