Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did frank miller draw/write it? They missed their chance at maxium hilarity if he didn't.

Edit: It's also only 125k, the article makes it sound like that is actually alot, I mean Solar Roadways scammed over 2 million from people, they have a long way to go .
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-10-20 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such garbage of a character. Even I can make a better character than that. That is simply a "ha, look at us! we can create horrible characters with no arch types and nothing"

next her arch enemy is going to be a hijab wearing muslim with c4 strapped to herself.

If they wanted to make a hero that infuriated the left and marvel, all they really need to do is basically bring back oldschool captain america, under another name, with his 1940's-50s way of life... oh and make him rich, like batman. There ya go, a rich straight white male, whom has no progressive values but completely tradition, and more than likely very devout christian, while holding nationism at its best and scourging communism and lefties, colored head to toe in the american flag. That will rile up them jimmies. With that, they deal a blow to marvel and lefties, while also keeping a "hero" act like a "hero" and not some 1 liner of "she deports illegals."

This is confusing to me.

Confederate flag: Check

Overtones of Southern Redneck: Check

Male Power Fantasy Protagonist: ???

So they kind of got points for not being completely stereotypical (which was kind of the point?), but then they had to make sure the female protagonist was good at her 'home duties' (making her own costume). I'm literally confused, is the fact she's a female an attempt to not look overly stereotypical? Isn't the point of this alt-right stuff to be super traditional though? I am confused.

While it's 100% not my cup-of-tea (I don't identify with the politics), and I'll cop heat from people for this (especially being a non-American) I do think the usage of the Confederate flag is in poor taste, that thing...is associated with some poor choices, despite what it may mean to a group of people on a personal level.

I think it'll be a moderate success depending on the quality of the content though, seems to be a hefty market for this brand of identity politics these days...I think it's referred to as "virtue signalling"?
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-10-20 at 06:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    This is confusing to me.

Confederate flag: Check

Overtones of Southern Redneck: Check

Male Power Fantasy Protagonist: ???

So they kind of got points for not being completely stereotypical (which was kind of the point?), but then they had to make sure the Female protagonist was good at her 'home duties' (making her own costume). I'm literally confused, is the fact she's a female an attempt to not look overly stereotypical? Isn't the point of this alt-right stuff to be super traditional though? I am confused.

While it's 100% not my cup-of-tea (I don't identify with the politics), and I'll cop heat from people for this (especially being a non-American) I do think the usage of the Confederate flag is in poor taste, that thing...is associated with some poor choices, despite what it may mean to a group of people on a personal level.

I think it'll be a moderate success depending on the quality of the content though, seems to be a market for this brand of identity politics these days...I think it's referred to as "virtue signalling"?
    No, the reason why she is a she... is so she can wear the skimpiest things, without caving to "oh shes not fully dressed." At least thats from my understanding.

As someone who reads Spiderman,Superman,Batman,Wonderwoman,Supergirl,Batwoman,Justice league and a ton of others. That entire article is a pile of bullshit, there is nothing wrong with current comics. They do it right, they dont replace they add. Tony stark is still alive and is an A.I now, Parker is still spiderman and alive, Thor is still alive and the same old thor they just added new characters D.C did the same with some of its characters.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You can read the rest of the article at: https://pjmedia.com/lifestyle/vox-da...ge-sjw-marvel/

So, what do you think about this? Yay or nay? Something in between? Are the creators of this new comic on to something, or are they just going to crash and burn? For some time now people were complaining over the state of Marvel & DC Comics. But is that enough to get the frustrated readers to check some new titles or do you think people just want their old favourites back? And most important question, is this a swan song for the dying comics industry, or is it a precursor to the renaissance of the comics industry.

What do you think?
    "In protest of activist comics, we give you... an activist comic! Yay!"

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Until it is actually released I can't make a call on it. But boy am I getting tired of people shoving their political agenda's so hamfistedly into these sorts of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    The art doesn't look up to industry standard.
    You mean this?

I agree, It looks far above it. The industry standard meant something in the past, nowadays the bar is set so low, it's easy to top it. Don't believe me? On the left, you have what used to be industry standard, on the right, where Marvel is currently.

And there's plenty more where that came from.
    https://archive.is/k2gH0

Deleted
    I am still not entirely sure about the notion of triggering material being a sound business idea. I mean, they usually point it out themselves, that politicizing is what made the material suffer in the first place, so let's jump on that train of success?

Anyways, I wish them good luck with their venture, and hope that they will be able to create something good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I am still not entirely sure about the notion of triggering material being a sound business idea. I mean, they usually point it out themselves, that politicizing is what made the material suffer in the first place, so let's jump on that train of success?

Anyways, I wish them good luck with their venture, and hope that they will be able to create something good.
    It's just a scam to get all the idiot alt right types to pony up cash, it's not like it will actually cost $122k to draw some shitty comic that nobody will ever actually buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Until it is actually released I can't make a call on it. But boy am I getting tired of people shoving their political agenda's so hamfistedly into these sorts of things.
    Marvels been doing it for the last few years and I'm pretty pissed off with it too. The political extremes of both sides is just ruining anything potentially entertaining.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    So they're making an inferior version of this issue, with the sides reversed?
    For something from 2012 the World Cup Brazil v Germany thing is kinda funny reading it now.

Reading on this is fucking hilarious
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-10-20 at 09:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Marvel has always been about politics, so I don't really care if SJWs got jobs there and produced books with their politics. I just won't buy and read them. Probably the reason why Marvel is dying. People just don't care for SJW politics.

This new company looks terrible. Looks fake as shit and pandering to an ever growing radical right. I would have taken this to a different place. One where you don't fight identity politics with identity politics... Wish people would stop countering extremes with their own version of that extreme. That's how fucking communists and Nazis are made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Marvel has always been about politics, so I don't really care if SJWs got jobs there and produced books with their politics. I just won't buy and read them. Probably the reason why Marvel is dying. People just don't care for SJW politics.
    Their multi-billion dollar movie franchise would beg to differ.

People were probably incensed about marvel pandering to "the blacks" back when they unveiled the black panther back in the 60s, too. Tis but the passing of conservative butthurt.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It's time to fight identity politics with totally not our brand of identity politics.
    Basically. They deserve each other in that regard.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

lol brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Their multi-billion dollar movie franchise would beg to differ.
    This has nothing to do with the movie industry. That money that the movies make doesn't go back to the comic people. You think people writing the comics get money for work they have nothing to do with? It keeps the overall company afloat, but that doesn't mean the comics portion of Marvel is safe.

People were probably incensed about marvel pandering to "the blacks" back when they unveiled the black panther back in the 60s, too. Tis but the passing of conservative butthurt.
    Maybe. Read only one issue of black panther from back then. It was much better than anything current. Didn't have any identity politics in it at all, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Putting "Alt" in the brand basically dooms them from a marketing standpoint. It might, on its face, work as "alternate heroes to these companies", but put "alt" on anything now and it means Richard Spencer.

10+ Year Old Account
    about as cringey and forced as little black girl iron man
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    This has nothing to do with the movie industry. That money that the movies make doesn't go back to the comic people. You think people writing the comics get money for work they have nothing to do with? It keeps the overall company afloat, but that doesn't mean the comics portion of Marvel is safe.
    Marvel as a company gets money from it, which they can divest to their comics if need be.

As for who gets what money, I can already tell you comic book artists get shafted for the work they do; but that's more or less always been the case.

If comic books are failing as a medium I'd surmise it has far more to do with the physical medium being "outdated" in today's world, rather than people taking up some hard stance against a plot point.

Maybe. Read only one issue of black panther from back then. It was much better than anything current. Didn't have any identity politics in it at all, too.
    Him being black, period, was the "identity politics" of the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Putting "Alt" in the brand basically dooms them from a marketing standpoint. It might, on its face, work as "alternate heroes to these companies", but put "alt" on anything now and it means Richard Spencer.
    Yeah I mean we wouldn't want to wrongly identify the girl wearing the huge confederate flag on a mission to "round up the illegals" as being some sort of contrived alt-right mouthpiece, now would we?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.