Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Interesting idea presented on Adam Carolla's show... break California up into 6 states and let them compete.

No thanks. I don't want to give them 10 more Senators. How about we just break them off, and replace them with someplace less impoverished instead?

Also, I like how the splits keep a divided status in every new state, by the divisions being horizontal. If you split once down the middle, you would get two states that are not swing states, instead of 6 total states, that are all swing states.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Yes please!!

That would be amazing. If you cut it the way the video shows you are pretty much guaranteed to add 12 democratic senators to congress.
    You mean 10. They already have 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Ah, California the liberal lunatic wasteland, home to over forty SP500 companies with aggregate market cap of 3.2 trillion in 2014, which grew to 3.7 trillion in 2015 (worth 21% of the SP500 market cap), and over 4 trillion in 2016. Growing even faster in 2017. I guess those companies like liberal lunatic wasteland.
    California has more poor people than nearly any other state. Where is all the income equality in the home of the income equality screamers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    California has more poor people than nearly any other state. Where is all the income equality in the home of the income equality screamers?
    Really, it would be 8 or 9 most likely. Jefferson would probably elect at least one GOP senator.

As for the number of poor people:

1) Source?
    2) Is that gross population of poor people? Or poor people per capita? California is the most populous state by far, it should be expected that it has the largest raw number of poor people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

No thanks. I don't want to give them 10 more Senators. How about we just break them off, and replace them with someplace less impoverished instead?

Also, I like how the splits keep a divided status in every new state, by the divisions being horizontal. If you split once down the middle, you would get two states that are not swing states, instead of 6 total states, that are all swing states.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So the state with the biggest population has more poor people than states with much smaller population. There is no contradiction here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    So the state with the biggest population has more poor people than states with much smaller population. There is no contradiction here.
    Where is all the income equality though? Why are they not practicing what they preach? Why are so many living in poverty, in a state with so much wealth? Is it racism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Really, it would be 8 or 9 most likely. Jefferson would probably elect at least one GOP senator.

As for the number of poor people:

1) Source?
    2) Is that gross population of poor people? Or poor people per capita? California is the most populous state by far, it should be expected that it has the largest raw number of poor people.
    Per capita they look pretty good with Tom Cruise and Harvey Weinstein averaged in. But they factually have the most people living below the poverty line.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Where is all the income equality though? Why are they not practicing what they preach?
    Why do you think we have voted for Democratic Presidents for the last 25 years?

Why are so many living in poverty, in a state with so much wealth?
    Because immigrant labor.

Is it racism?
    Yes.

Where is all the income equality though? Why are they not practicing what they preach? Why are so many living in poverty, in a state with so much wealth? Is it racism?

- - - Updated - - -

Per capita they look pretty good with Tom Cruise and Harvey Weinstein averaged in. But they factually have the most people living below the poverty line.
    Poverty exists in California, just like anywhere else, because no one has yet to figure out a universal solution. Unless one of the red state somehow managed to abolish poverty and did not inform the rest of the world. As for poverty as % of population, all the big states are pretty close. CA, OR, FL, OK, TX poverty rates are all within 1%.