10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I'll check out the next Mighty Thor trade, but if it doesn't get any better than it has been, I'm done.
    It started out a but myeh, but once you reach the Asgard/Shi'ar war, and everything that comes after, it gets crazy good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It started out a but myeh, but once you reach the Asgard/Shi'ar war, and everything that comes after, it gets crazy good.
    We'll see. If my memory is right I think the Asgard/Shi'ar war should be in the next trade, so if it's a big improvement over the previous year's worth of issues, okay. If not, I won't know how everything that comes after it is, cause I won't be reading it. I've read 20 issues worth of fem Thor so far(which is actually more generous than I normally am with a book) and haven't felt anything but meh(and Unworthy Thor was only slightly better, which was disappointing). This will be Aaron's last chance to prove to me that the quality of God of Thunder wasn't just a fluke.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    This will be Aaron's last chance to prove to me that the quality of God of Thunder wasn't just a fluke.
    TBh, if you didn't like Unworthy Thor, you probably wont like Asgard/Shi'ar war...

On the plus side, the arc after that is War Thor, which was grim as fuck. The arc after that is the Death of Mighty Thor...

So really, you might as well keep reading, because there's a very good chance that FemThor won't be around much longer.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Really looking forward to the punisher first show with a character I actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    TBh, if you didn't like Unworthy Thor, you probably wont like Asgard/Shi'ar war...

On the plus side, the arc after that is War Thor, which was grim as fuck. The arc after that is the Death of Mighty Thor...

So really, you might as well keep reading, because there's a very good chance that FemThor won't be around much longer.
    Well it's not FemThor as a character I have issues with...it's that his writing has been so bland. God of Thunder was an exciting, epic, well written story and I quite enjoyed it. But ever since Jane took over the story has just been dull. I thought maybe it was just a case of Aaron not being good at writing female characters, or maybe just not being good at writing characters with the issues she has, rather than the more epic, cosmic type stuff that GoT was, but then Unworthy Thor came out and...it was only somewhat better. Clearly more in his wheelhouse, but...still a far cry from GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Raptor (with ...) has a point. We are currently at the end of the superhero-craze, and while they still bring in millions there is a starting desinterest/oversaturation noticable. It doesn't matter if it is Thor 3, JL, BP or whatever, the longer it goes on the higher the risk of a bomb.
    After Thor 2 my interest is as low as it can get for the next Thor movie, JL so far still has my interest and BP could work very well. But as easily any one of those can bomb. I would not be suprised if 2 of those 3 movies bombs, we simply have too many superheroes running on the big screens.
    pfft as kelim said, people dont get sick of superhero movies. homecoming was the 2nd highest grossing spider-man movie of all time only very slightly beaten by spider-man 3 which had the venom hype when venom was near the height of his popularity and it was the highest ever of all of them for merchandise sales.

none of these movies will bomb financially. justice league might bomb critically but i know enough about bp and thor to know that theyre both great, thor is probably the greatest so far. black panthers going to be very good but im a bit worried the trailers arent properly portraying the tone and feel of the movie, or, i suppose, i feel as though most people arent understanding the tone its meant to convey.

i think alot of people are seeing the trailer and seeing the flair and the music and are thinking its going to be more action based, not that it wont have action like all marvel movies do but i think people need to remember bp from civil war. quiet, somber, powerful. if anything that will be amplified from civil war because this will be a panther who is not consumed with hate and vengeance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post

This has the possibly of being one of the best Marvel movies or one of the worst
    Wait they are making New Mutants a horror flick?

So much wasted potential. God dammit Fox
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-20 at 07:46 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Wait they are making New Mutants a horror flick?

So much wasted potential. God dammit Fox
    What’s wrong with making it horror? If this is a base before they go into more continued stuff I don’t see a problem with taking a different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What’s wrong with making it horror? If this is a base before they go into more continued stuff I don’t see a problem with taking a different approach.
    Because it will more than likely turn off more people from their movies. I mean I know I'm no one nor my friends, but looking at the trailer we just see a "wanna be horror flick with mutants involved" which does nothing at all for us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because it will more than likely turn off more people from their movies. I mean I know I'm no one nor my friends, but looking at the trailer we just see a "wanna be horror flick with mutants involved" which does nothing at all for us.
    i mean that still kinda seems like a good thing, if the movie isn't good hopefully it will bomb and they might make a deal to give marvel back mutants like spider man.

i mean that still kinda seems like a good thing, if the movie isn't good hopefully it will bomb and they might make a deal to give marvel back mutants like spider man.
    One could hope, but honestly we all know that won't happen =/

Since I know Fox won't give them up, I'd actually rather see them make a good movie instead of churning out all the bad ones they have been =/

7+ Year Old Account

Since I know Fox won't give them up, I'd actually rather see them make a good movie instead of churning out all the bad ones they have been =/
    True true .

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's is new I give it that, it does separate itself from the X-Men in a way. But it's just not what I am looking for when I think of New Mutants one of the best X-Men tie in books outside of X-Factor and X-Force, sure i'll go a see it, I am a huge X-Men universe fan, especially the comics, but excuse me if I dont sound super pumped. My expectations are on shaky round :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Sometimes I think they build in an excuse. If New Mutants fails, it's "because we tried something new with a horror movie", rather than "wow, we're idiots that can't make a movie". You know they were sitting there waiting for Deadpool to fail so they could blame the R rating.

I think it is a good idea to branch out from class superhero formulae, but not sure if the overlap is enough for things. Especially since New Mutants are not as well known as some others. For myself, I do like that Magik at least LOOKS like she should. If it's a good story, it's a good story, so we'll see how it goes.

What I dislike, as I've stated before, is the lack of light in so many movies today. TV shows also. I understand it may be cheaper and hide the CGI better and stuff maybe even foil some camera-pirates, but it's very irritating. At least this being a horror movie that might work out.

The other thing I'm not sure on is the Game of Thrones actors. I read some of the books, didn't watch the series because lack of interest, but I've certainly never seen the actors being associated with skill in the craft. Sure the series may be popular, but that doesn't mean they carry over to other roles just because folks like GoT. Could just be me, obviously, in the same way I don't like Jennifer Lawrence and she gets these leading roles to stand there and look dumb in...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

no. the x-men movies make far too much money for that to ever happen.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    El Oh El:

BAD WOLF

Because it will more than likely turn off more people from their movies.
    Judging from box office, critical scores and general reception of some of their previous movies, you and your friends aren't in the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Judging from box office, critical scores and general reception of some of their previous movies, you and your friends aren't in the majority.
    I never said we were. In fact I said quite the opposite, but that's easy to miss when selective quotes are grabbed and slightly altered.

I never said we were. In fact I said quite the opposite, but that's easy to miss when selective quotes are grabbed and slightly altered.
    If you say so.