Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    So diversity is purely about skin tone to fill quotas so businesses can parade them in front of the public like some kind of circus show? It's apparently nothing more than that. It's a very disgusting ideology.
    Gotta hire em' All!

Minori'Mon!

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Did you find out?
    I mean, I read the article, it was part of my literature review for my graduate program. Read it yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Still waiting on your source about the movie.
    Here ya go, the video explicitly says "90% black cast" with the text "The cast of Black Panther is hella diverse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Here ya go, the video explicitly says "90% black cast" with the text "The cast of Black Panther is hella diverse"
    I'm a liberal, and even I don't consider Now This to be a credible source on anything. Got a credible source?

Or would it be better off so say a few far left wing people are saying something stupid as always?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm a liberal, and even I don't consider Now This to be a credible source on anything. Got a credible source?

Or would it be better off so say a few far left wing people are saying something stupid as always?
    It is a well followed source, your opinion on it however doesn't change that that was said with all do sincerity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It is a well followed source, your opinion on it however doesn't change that that was said with all do sincerity.

Well followed =/= credible.

If you want to take them as fact, that is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    TBF it's a typical obtuse comment. Everybody knows in this context diversity means gender, race, sexuality and disability
    No. This is all about bringing in diverse ideas. A group of white men can have diverse ideas among themselves. It's racist to say otherwise.

Well followed =/= credible.

If you want to take them as fact, that is your problem.
    Sorry, jumping in late to this conversation(so correct any assumptions if wrong).

What about his claim needs to be credible? He pointed out that there are people that are saying that a 90% black cast is diverse. He gave you a link to show you the proof. What more can you possibly want?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What about his claim needs to be credible? He pointed out that there are people that are saying that a 90% black cast is diverse. He gave you a link to show you the proof. What more can you possibly want?

To me he made it sound like more people were saying something. 1 left leaning publication saying something is something to be ignored.

I would say the same if it was something on the right with only 1 right leaning source saying it.

Basically you ignore the fringe not embrace it.

To me he made it sound like more people were saying something. 1 left leaning publication saying something is something to be ignored.

I would say the same if it was something on the right with only 1 right leaning source saying it.

But if we ignore the fringe, then "racism" wouldn't seem like the world ending issue it's packaged as.

Looked like 78,000 people thumbed up the post and 10,000,000 people saw it. It's not like it's only one person who's an idiot... It's a lot. Dunno why you even care, though. It's not like we're judging you. You're not part of a collective.

There are many on both sides that are stupid. But you seem to want to only dismiss the fringe on your side... And any racist on the right seems to represent all of the right... I don't think you're very unbiased on this matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I mean, I read the article, it was part of my literature review for my graduate program. Read it yourself.
    Hmm what convinced you they proved so conclusively that diversity caused an increase in business success?

She apologized because she accidentally said something rational and reasonable, which went against the progressive SJW thinking points. Cardinal sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Looked like 78,000 people thumbed up the post and 10,000,000 people saw it. It's not like it's only one person who's an idiot... It's a lot. Dunno why you even care, though. It's not like we're judging you. You're not part of a collective.

There are many on both sides that are stupid. But you seem to want to only dismiss the fringe on your side... And any racist on the right seems to represent all of the right... I don't think you're very unbiased on this matter.
    Less than .01% of the people that saw it liked it... Seeing it =/= agreeing with it.

Pretty sure I dismissed the fringe on both sides in the very post you quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    But if we ignore the fringe, then "racism" wouldn't seem like the world ending issue it's packaged as.

Only racism you will hear me call out is shit like charlottesville.

Less than .01% of the people that saw it liked it... Seeing it =/= agreeing with it.

Pretty sure I dismissed the fringe on both sides in the very post you quoted.

- - - Updated - - -

Only racism you will hear me call out is shit like charlottesville.
    No you cry racism every time a black guy gets killed by a white cop. Whether it's warranted or not.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually surprised that companies don't do some sort of sight-unseen hiring. The idea is that there are brown people out there that are being oppressed, who are not hired because they are brown, but they are actually more qualified than some white candidates. That's supposedly what is happening...that's the injustice all this shit is trying to correct. So what is the solution?

I say hire people based on a resume, and in the interview the potential employee isn't even in the room. No one is there, it's just a phone call with their voice being changed into a gender-neutral computer voice. You don't know their skin color, you don't know their age (they have to be an adult though, obviously), you don't even know their gender. It's all based on credentials and the interview. So if brown people really are being screwed this system would lead to hiring a lot more of them.

Personally...I would be totally cool with that. The last hiring at my job had 2 positions open. There was probably 30 people gunning for two spots...mostly white, some Hispanic, one black guy, and one woman. Take a wild fucking guess who got the jobs? THE BLACK GUY AND THE WOMAN! I feel discriminated against BECAUSE I'm white. IN AMERICA FFS. I feel like my white skin isn't doing me any favors, which is why I'd be all for the kind of system I described above. A workplace should be a meritocracy, and have nothing to do with creating the perfect ratio of white, brown, black, and yellow people.

Quote Originally Posted by spanishninja View Post
    alt right to look at people beyond their exterior appearance? got it!
    Haha, no but they do like the idea that diversity consists of an entire room of white blond blue-eyed men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/...12240907400203

On my phone and a pdf of the article didn't immediately pop up via a Google search, but I have a copy on my computer with some other articles.
    Why do I feel like you purposely didn't reply to @Spectral
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Why do I feel like you purposely didn't reply to @Spectral
    I've been out all day so I haven't been replying to everyone. I'm also bad at replying to posts I agree with (partially because it's against the forum rules to simply post "I agree", and partially because I'm too lazy/retarded to come up with something insightful/witty to add to an otherwise good post). In any case I don't disagree with what he said.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Hmm what convinced you they proved so conclusively that diversity caused an increase in business success?
    There were a couple of other studies that came up with similar findings (I can't recall what they were off the top of my head), the statistical analysis seemed sound, etc. There was a large UK study at the NHS that had similar findings (in regards to employee satisfaction and retention) in a nonprofit setting.

Bringing up correlation/causation is always a good point but I think it is always good to point people to the studies and let people come to conclusions themselves.

Will throw you a bone here: "alternatively, it is possible that the associations reported between diversity and business outcomes exist because more successful business organizations can devote more attention and resources to diversity issues" direct quote from article.

There were a couple of other studies that came up with similar findings (I can't recall what they were off the top of my head), the statistical analysis seemed sound, etc. There was a large UK study at the NHS that had similar findings (in regards to employee satisfaction and retention) in a nonprofit setting.

Bringing up correlation/causation is always a good point but I think it is always good to point people to the studies and let people come to conclusions themselves.

Will throw you a bone here: "alternatively, it is possible that the associations reported between diversity and business outcomes exist because more successful business organizations can devote more attention and resources to diversity issues" direct quote from article.
    This is basically my point all along

I was assuming this would be longitudinal (but it was 1996-1997) to tease out a bit more causation.

So in the land of pretend outrage a black women is the one who has to call out that the emperor has no cloths?