Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I've been beaten to the alien explanation !!

I think OP's question is a good question.

Why isn't everything evolving into a higher life form? After all this millions of years why do we still have the most primitive bacteria still around?

My guess is the organism occupies it's niche and there is no outside pressure on the organism, predation, change in climate, no need for it to evolve, no need to change.

So bears haven't evolved because until recently there was no pressure on bears to evolve, the new pressure being man and all the things man does to the environment.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Why did you just copy and paste some Google stuff that's not really related to my point?

I'm saying that humans and monkeys do have a common ancestor but we did not evolve directly from them.

Also as hominids we are apes.
    Faster than typing on phone and seemed to answer your post.

Also whether humans are apes is not a trivial discussion to have in a forum like this when I don't have my dialling wand handy.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-10-24 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I think OP's question is a good question.

Why isn't everything evolving into a higher life form? After all this millions of years why do we still have the most primitive bacteria still around?

My guess is the organism occupies it's niche and there is no outside pressure on the organism, predation, change in climate, no need for it to evolve, no need to change.

So bears haven't evolved because until recently there was no pressure on bears to evolve, the new pressure being man and all the things man does to the environment.
    Our ability to destroy things vastly outpaces the ability for any living thing to successfully evolve as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Faster than typing on phone and seemed to answer your post.
    So much for the idea of human evolution.

You need to get a better understanding of evolution.

For you, I suggest watching the Super Mario Brothers movie.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Our ability to destroy things vastly outpaces the ability for any living thing to successfully evolve as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So much for the idea of human evolution.
    You even quote me faster than I can finish typing my quote

They did evolve, they just didn't evolve in the same ways for many numbers of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Also whether humans are apes is not a trivial discussion to have in a forum like this when I don't have my dialling wand handy.
    What? Humans are apes the same way we're mammals, vertebrates, and eukaryotes. I'm not sure what's to discuss.

They did ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    .......just what......

Evolution isn't just a series of net improvements. It's a process where organisms become better suited for the environment they are in. We happened to evolve intelligence meaning we developed tools and technology to deal with other environments without the need for genetic changes.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-10-24 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    The stupidity/ignorance of this post is amazing. A great example of there being bad question, and not only bad answers.
    An equally fair thing to point out is the stupidity/ignorance of the people thinking that the OP is asking a serious question, as well as the general stupidity/ignorance of people in these forums who are far too willing to bite at all bait, acting like it is serious questions. It's 2017, you know better. Control your impulses to take everything people say on here seriously (especially before commenting on how dumb THEY are).

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    Why did we evolve all the way from little monkeys, to chimps, to gorillas, to humans.

but bears have not done the same?

bears are stronger than humans so why did they not colonise the planet and kill all humans as we got weaker?
    Read the book, "Why Evolution is True" by Jerry Coyne.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What? Humans are apes the same way we're mammals, vertebrates, and eukaryotes. I'm not sure what's to discuss.
    It's more nuanced than that. Mostly discussion about taxonomy and Latin.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2017-10-24 at 02:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd be amazed at how many people think animals evolved like Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    An equally fair thing to point out is the stupidity/ignorance of the people thinking that the OP is asking a serious question, as well as the general stupidity/ignorance of people in these forums who are far too willing to bite at all bait, acting like it is serious questions. It's 2017, you know better. Control your impulses to take everything people say on here seriously (especially before commenting on how dumb THEY are).
    It does not matter if they are trolling or not, and I would rather assume ignorance rather than malice. Is it more likely to be a troll? Yes, but when we reach a point where we simply regard every stupid question/person as just trolling, what of the actual idiots? They are out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Because we started skinning them and for some reason this did not anger the other bears in a 40 yard radius, so we dominated.
    I wonder how many ppl would get the reference lol

Anyway current humans are the only intelligent species because we - literally - ate competition, check Neanderthal for example
    So anyone who did try to 'evolve' to a level that can be problem to us, we ate them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Strength and Weight do not = Intelligence.

In the case of Humans, we're actually extremely weak compared to most animals and need tools / weapons to be "strong".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Why isn't everything evolving ?
    we ate them, no seriously we literally ate them
    as we evolved we were making sure to wipe out competition, Neanderthal is the most famous example i can think where we ate competition literally to make sure we stay only smart species left
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Some of the trolls on this site are actually quite brilliant

Im totally stealing this.

Based on OP username and recent string of created threads all I can suggest is this: Lay off the pot a little. I know when youre stoned (been there, done that) you think you are being some intellectual superstar, but you know - reality is different.

Last edited by TITAN308; 2017-10-24 at 02:59 PM.