Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Was told the 'You're really doing it wrong' achievement would be applied retrospectively to those who earned it in MoP prior to it making it into the game in WoD. Spent a lot of time learning how to tank as a demo lock and gearing for gold to be one of the first people to get it and they never bothered b/c they said it was too much work. Still enjoyed the challenge though so not too salty. Could never be arsed going for it again so I didn't get the achievement in the end.

Deleted
    Developers (almost) never "lie". It's a lie when your intent is to be deceptive and your goal is to produce an alteration of current or past reality. They can make promises, they can make plan, and sometimes things don't go as expected. But that's not a "lie".

If i tell my brother: "I will buy you this videogame", but, un-intentionally i end by not buy it (because that videogame is sold out or i end up broke), it's a lie or a broken promise? They can appear the same, but in reality it's not. Because, as i said, when you LIE you know that what you are saying will NEVER become true or is NEVER happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lies maybe but they haven't broken any promises.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Lies maybe but they haven't broken any promises.
    Can you list one of this lie? Can you prove that Developers, when making that assumption, knew exactly that what they were saying won't become true?

Deleted
    I don't really think they have lied per say (Karabor and Bladespire I really was not aware of until it was brought up on a regular basis here), but its more maybe that them hyping certain things only for it to end in disappointment has been a bit annoying.

The key example I can reference (for me personally) is the introduction of the Broken Shore in 7.2. To me, it was billed as this epic quest line resulting in your class mounts, and I was down for it.

Do I have to wait a number of weeks? I am fine with that. But its not really what we got, and the quests felt very basic, or even world quest like.

I don't really know if I can argue it was a flat out lie, but what they showcased, and what we got felt very different.

Just my 2 cents.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lied by Developers, people who creates the game (Designers, Level Designers, Programmers, Content Creators...) : Nope

Producers, Marketing People? Yup!

No - creation of a game like this is fluid and only a retarded troll would consider they've been 'lied to' because plans changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    No - creation of a game like this is fluid and only a retarded troll would consider they've been 'lied to' because plans changed.
    Exactly this. +1.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The only lies I can think they ever told were things on the wrath box that wernt in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The only lies I can think they ever told were things on the wrath box that wernt in game.
    I swear a night elf was holding a glaive 'in game' on the pull out art for the Vanilla WoW box. It basically looked like a crappy Demon Hunter. Never forgive, never forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I've seen threads pop up from time to time saying that the developers lied to the customers, or that they didn't give the whole truth... It leads me to the question: Do you feel you have been lied to by the game developers?

I don't feel that way at all, and I never have felt that way because they reveal information that they have, and try to release it in a concise and understandable way, so as not to confuse the player base. Also, not telling the players about an undocumented change doesn't mean they have "lied" to us.

Also, the last thing I will say about this is that saying they want to do something, or they'd like to add xyz feature to the game, and them not being able to, or finding out that the feature didn't work the way they wanted it is not a "failed promise" or a "lie," its simply a desired feature that they didn't have the time / resources / or it didn't fit well with the game.

Anyway, discuss away!
    I wouldn't ever say they lied, considering they can retcon anything and everything they've said.
    I would very much like to know what happened with WoD, why was so much content cut? Maybe it was because of the fact they thought they could stick to a once a year expansion cycle. If true then why didn't they complete the content once they realized they couldn't meet the once a year expansion cycle and then add it in with various patches instead of dropping it completely leaving WoD an empty expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a lot of Broken Promises over the years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    This can be a nice example! If you say something is in game since launch but it's not and it's never implemented, it's a lie. That said, i don't think it's "Developers" fault, more like a miss-spelling or bad wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This. Jay on the point as per usual.
    Ok, now I just know you're one and the same.

Who the hell makes 2 accounts just so he can have at least one other "person" to agree with himself?
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Aerial combat (also remember when mechano-hog 2nd seat person had "gunner" buff on them?)
    Dance Studio - I cry every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Ok, now I just know you're one and the same.

Who the hell makes 2 accounts just so he can have at least one other "person" to agree with himself?
    Yes me agreeing with someone totally means what you said.....

Try harder.

I would have agreed with you if you made this thread as well. Does that mean we are the same person?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I've seen threads pop up from time to time saying that the developers lied to the customers, or that they didn't give the whole truth... It leads me to the question: Do you feel you have been lied to by the game developers?

I don't feel that way at all, and I never have felt that way because they reveal information that they have, and try to release it in a concise and understandable way, so as not to confuse the player base. Also, not telling the players about an undocumented change doesn't mean they have "lied" to us.

Also, the last thing I will say about this is that saying they want to do something, or they'd like to add xyz feature to the game, and them not being able to, or finding out that the feature didn't work the way they wanted it is not a "failed promise" or a "lie," its simply a desired feature that they didn't have the time / resources / or it didn't fit well with the game.

Anyway, discuss away!
    That isn't always true.

Faction change for example, which was implemented in WotLK. Failed to mention that Tournament ground progress and reputation would reset. In fact, at the time, the transfer page explicitly stated that NOTHING with your character would change. I had to threaten to sue, and it went as far as getting a confirmation e-mail to whoever was responsible that change had been made to the website. Shady mother fuckers I tell ya.

The other time was when transmogrification was added to the game. The entire time on the PTR you could xmog, old vanilla PvP items. NOWHERE in the patch notes did it mention not being able to transmog old PvP items, not on the PTR, not on live patch notes. But sure enough day of, they were locked behind specific titles, and some bullshit arbitrary cut off. I had basically set up a set ready to go for each character at the time. Some of which I had faction transferred in anticipation of the system being added and being able to do it day 1. Again I had to go pretty high up the chain to get a refund. Someone somewhere knew that they were going restrict those PvP items... (1) why was that not working on PTR? (2) why leave it out of the patch notes? Again shady mother fuckers.

So no, they are not always as transparent as you are making them out to be, in fact sometimes they are quite (I don't know if nefarious is too strong) but that is definitely on the level of false advertising. Particularly in the case with faction transfer and their attempt to ninja change the webpage... had I pursued it I think I would have had a relatively decent case against them. Perhaps not.

I think you were probably talking about when they divulge long term plans for the game. No I don't feel lied to. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes development dollars need to go other places. Any of the things they have "lied" about, are things that don't involve my particular characters abilities, my rotation, the gameplay itself... so I really don't care.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-10-24 at 03:41 PM.

*cough*draenorflying*cough*

Deleted
    Well the whole WoD was a land of lies and broken promises

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes me agreeing with someone totally means what you said.....

Try harder.

I would have agreed with you if you made this thread as well. Does that mean we are the same person?
    And the fact you always reply mere minutes after him/you?

And the fact you agree with him/you all the time.

You really take us for fucking idiots.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".