10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Didn't Jaina (and maybe Sylvanas ) have an important role in WotLK.

Also Jaina was quite important in MoP too, Vanessa (Cant remember the third windrunner's name) too to some degree.

WoD: Yrel played a big role in ally leveling.

As for Legion, there's also Helya and Alleria.
    Oh I forgot about Helya...yeah I guess she was a pretty main antagonist.

And yeah Jaina and Sylvanas are our big go-toes when it comes to female protagonists. Jaina was kind of a big deal in MoP too so yeah I guess I forgot that as well. They definitely had a big impact in the last patches of Wrath involving Arthas himself.

While Yrel has been a big help Alliance side...I dunno if I want to include her. It was kind of a self-contained story and we're unlikely to ever see her again. Although I actually liked her Joan of Arc kind of story. It wasn't told AMAZINGLY but it worked for me.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Jaina will be. Jaina has thunder and storm powers, Azshara does too.
    The thing is Elisane was actually interesting imo were Jaina is just Jaina... boring.

They're both water/ocean themed and have similar power sets. They are both mages that were granted huge power boots. That's all they need.
    So... War of Tides?

https://imgur.com/oLdAwqX

There's no way... could it be??
    Oh noes, he's back!

Gonna need to get Thrall out of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Now links to 7.3.2 notes, and News site is now down.
    i was wanking your chain mate, it's fake.

Jaina will be. Jaina has thunder and storm powers, Azshara does too.
    I don't think Jaina comes close to Azshara's power level unless she gets some proper character (and power) development in the next expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Didn't read through everything, has this been shown yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I don't think Jaina comes close to Azshara's power level unless she gets some proper character (and power) development in the next expansion.
    I would agree, but Jaina has the Thunder King's powers in her staff after ToT.

Deleted
    Again, Cataclysm is a very specific description for something that happens. Cataclysm has a meaning. Tides of Vengeance hasn't. Could it get a meaning throughout the expansion? Yes, sure. But it's still vague in every way possible.
    We didn't know anything about the Shattering prior to learning about it. Cataclysm was a huge mystery to us, and everybody used to crap all over the title because it wasn't a normal expansion title and what have you. Tides of Vengeance strongly implies it's an expansion set at sea, there is danger associated with the tides or the movement of time, as in somebody or something is seeking revenge. A 5 year old could figure that out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not talking about Azshara and N'zoth, I am talking about all of the South Seas expansion concepts that revolve around them. They're fan made. Nearly all of their content is fan fiction. Azshara and N'zoth is not and I never said that.
    Then you pointlessly brought up fan-made concepts to counter me simply stating that Azshara/N'zoth (and titles relating to those concepts) are extremely likely. Congratulations.

Furthermore, it is simple logic to assume some of those aspects. Zandalar? Directly connected to N'zoth and the Naga (look up Lorewalker story in MoP). Kul Tiras? Already "leaked" by Blizzard in PTR clients. Other aspects like pirate themes, Tel'Abim or Undermine simply stand to reason as an Azshara expansion is assumed to be ocean-themed. Ergo other things that are ocean-themed are likely. Likely, not necessary.

Not sure why you keep arguing that likely "fan theories" make a very probable scenario inprobable. People speculated on Sargeras and "end of the Legion" themes for nearly a decade as well and oh look, it happened. Some things are simply clearly set up in the game. Doesn't mean they have to happen that way, but it's pretty likely.

I just found this image floating around i was wondering what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    What did you see? Did you get a screen cap? Bjoramier tell me. All I see are these fucking trash patch notes

Didn't read through everything, has this been shown yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Still angry on what they did to Elisande.. she could be this perfect rival against Queen Azshara in the future.
    They could still pull some Doctor Who shit to where Elisande used the power of the Eye and Nightwell to freeze her body between heart last heartbeats, but she could still move and stuff because wibbly wobbly timey wimey. I wouldn't mind something like that since she was an amazing character.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    What did you see? Did you get a screen cap? Bjoramier tell me. All I see are these fucking trash patch notes
    I pulled a classic trick used in the 7.0 thread, it's 100% faked.

Anybody seen this yet?
    - He who moves first always wins -

Let's take it down a notch with the memes.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaKulTirasBlizzCon View Post
    We didn't know anything about the Shattering prior to learning about it. Cataclysm was a huge mystery to us, and everybody used to crap all over the title because it wasn't a normal expansion title and what have you. Tides of Vengeance strongly implies it's an expansion set at sea, there is danger associated with the tides or the movement of time, as in somebody or something is seeking revenge. A 5 year old could figure that out.
    How do you know Tides implies something related to the Sea / Oceans? Just because Tide(s) usually means that? That's exactly my point. Did Tides of War have some kind of obvious Sea / Ocean reference?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Jaina doesn't really have the history with Azshara that Elisande would have. If they want to bring back another female character with history with Azshara we have to deal with Tyrande again. And lord knows we've had enough of that.
    Tyrande is ok while Malfurion away. The moment Malfurion pops its all going to:

Sorry if this has been asked already but anyone here live in Tonga?

Reason I ask is that it looks like Blizzard may be up to their old tricks in filing for trademarks in obscure locations that do not have online databases, instead of first filing in the U.S., in order to claim priority and to have the trademark kept secret.

If you look at the last few U.S. trademark applications filed by Blizzard in December 2016 -- for various Overwatch League logos -- you'll see that they have an Original Filing Basis of 44D. E.g.:

Remember that Blizzard announced Overwatch League at BlizzCon in November 2016. In order to avoid another company trying to use the trademarks, Blizzard first filed the trademarks overseas prior to BlizzCon. Taking a look at the application itself, it states that the 44D claim relates to an application that was filed in Tonga in late September 2016--prior to BlizzCon 2016.

Therefore, it is possible that they're doing the same thing with the name of the new WoW expansion.

They did this with the Hearthstone name (filing first in Swazliand), but haven't done it for other marks such as WoD (maybe because it's a very specific name so no fear of competition?); Legion (the U.S. mark is for World of Warcraft Legion); and Overwatch (because a competing mark was already out there).

So anyone in Tonga that can check it out for us?