Page 24 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    About the Void-Elves: Wouldn't they change classes?

Say a elf-hunter is changed into a void-elf, wouldn't that add abilities to that hunter?
    Would a elf warrior get some void abilities?

I can't see void-elves being added purely as a race option.
    Has this been discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenais View Post
    My personal opinion is that the time for inclusion of High Elves has come and gone; the latest time was at the start of WoD (as a followup on the 5.2 questline), since then, there really isn't a possible opening or lore-related oportunity for them to appear. I can see some potential in their inclusion as a sub-race, but that also has its own pitfalls that would be difficult to address.

As by radical option, I didn't mean it in a negative way (and thus should've chosen a better word, my apologies); I simply meant that it would be done frequently, definitelly not for racial aesthetics.

As for looks, this is purely subjective on my part, I thought they could look less thin, while taller, than Blood Elves, considering that since they were cut off from the Sunwell, they were forced to find more physical ways of sustenance, which in most cases would simply have to be food. (obviously, that has massive problems as a hypothesis, therefore I have mentioned it only once - twice now).
    I too think it is very likely High Elves will be added as a playable race. It is a completely objective argument, which is something that Mehrunes, Dagoth Ur, Zulkhan and Friendlyimmolation aren't capable of. It crushes in the corners of the boxes of their perceived reality and their reactions are just them pushing back against it. The mere suggestion throws Horde and Blood Elf fanboys into complete meltdown mode instantly. They cannot talk about it objectively. They start frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs, no matter what logical argument you make. They start yelling "they are Blood Elves!" or "they are the same but with blue eyes!" or "there are not enough of them!" without having a justification why the Silver Covenant continues to appear in almost every single patch somewhere (minus WoD) as a faction of the Alliance. I didn't create the content. Take it up with Blizzard!

Note that I too am not arguing to add High Elves, merely why they are likely. If anything, the potential of weeb Blood Elf players coming to the Alliance to play High Elves mortifies me, as I play Alliance. I don't want these people on my faction. The unintended consequence of Night Elf weebs swapping factions for Blood Elves in TBC was a blessing in disguise to the Alliance. My point is that Blizzard has been angling at adding them for a long time, since WotLK. Their characters and factions have gotten more lore time than almost every other playable race, including Blood Elves. That begs the question of why? Why does Blizzard continue to keep High Elves so separated from Blood Elves although the Sunwell was restored by Velen as a holy font of power? It would be very easy storywise to reintegrate them, yet they do not. Why?
    Last edited by Keihndeth; 2017-10-24 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    I too think it is very likely High Elves will be added as a playable race. It is a completely objective argument, which is something that Mehrunes, Dagoth Ur, Zulkhan and Friendlyimmolation aren't capable of. It crushes in the corners of the boxes of their perceived reality and their reactions are just them pushing back against it. The mere suggestion throws Horde and Blood Elf fanboys into complete meltdown mode instantly. They cannot talk about it objectively. They start frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs, no matter what logical argument you make. They start yelling "they are Blood Elves!" or "they are the same but with blue eyes!" or "there are not enough of them!" without having a justification why the Silver Covenant continues to appear in almost every single patch somewhere (minus WoD) as a faction of the Alliance. I didn't create the content. Take it up with Blizzard!

Note that I too am not arguing to add High Elves, merely why they are likely. If anything, the potential of weeb Blood Elf players coming to the Alliance to play High Elves mortifies me, as I play Alliance. I don't want these people on my faction. The unintended consequence of Night Elf weebs swapping factions for Blood Elves in TBC was a blessing in disguise to the Alliance. My point is that Blizzard has been angling at adding them for a long time, since WotLK. Their characters and factions have gotten more lore time than almost every other playable race, including Blood Elves. That begs the question of why? Why does Blizzard continue to keep High Elves so separated from Blood Elves although the Sunwell was restored by Velen as a holy font of power? It would be very easy storywise to reintegrate them, yet they do not. Why?
    im not sure you know what a weeb is. weebs dont really play wow at all, they play final fantasy for the most part in terms of mmos.

night elves, yeah, i could see some weebs playing them because night elves are a mix of japanese, korean, roman, and native american, but theres nothing anime about them except maybe a little bit with demon hunters since they have alot of inspiration from samurai but dh didnt come out until legion soooo...

and blood elves are typical western fantasy elves that appeal to nerds and geeks who like lord of the rings and dungeons and dragons with no eastern influence at all aside from some very very mild arabian/middle eastern influence which again, is not at all what weebs are into.

please tell me what in the world you think a weeb is because the definition of a weeb is someone obsessed with anime and japan to the point of thinking the japanese culture is the most powerful and cool

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    About the Void-Elves: Wouldn't they change classes?

Say a elf-hunter is changed into a void-elf, wouldn't that add abilities to that hunter?
    Would a elf warrior get some void abilities?

I can't see void-elves being added purely as a race option.
    Has this been discussed?
    you could say the same about the lightforged and yet they have mages and rangers and whatnot in their forces and not everyone is a priest/pally.

if they make void elves a sub race it could be purely cosmetic and/or racial based. could be like the draenei where they have a racial that empowers them with void similar to mark of the naaru.

of course they COULD make a void based class, but they dont HAVE to.

i feel like alot of the subrace discussion is only on the elves. which is fine, elves are the most popular races along with humans despite what the vocal minorty says when it comes to "no more elf pls" but what im really starting to get curious about is the highmountain tauren.

the highmountain ingame are literally just tauren with extra paint/antlers unavailable to players just like all the other subraces currently ingame

so, nightbourne would need a total revamp because they dont wear armor, lightforged draenei are already ingame.

and then we have highmountain, will they get a revamp as well to make them stand out more? that would be pretty cool, and for lightforged draenei is what we see what were getting or will there be even more light corrupted skin tones, facial features, hair styles ect
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

An enormous number of Alliance players would absolutely love to have high elves. I've got two alts in two different guilds and to say that everyone is hyped would be understatement. A huge number of players who play blood elves would immediately faction change into the Alliance too as most of them play blood elves for the elven theme, rather than the Horde as a faction. Some do so because they like blood elves, while many do it because otherwise they can't have a high elven model that is playable. Most of the Alliance fans who are fanboying over high elves play night elves because they don't want to play on the Horde side of things. Just earlier on my Horde alt I witnessed like a dozen players arguing in the guild chat over high elves. Two blood elf dudes argued with some other blood elf dudes about it lol

Saw a lot of guild members on my alt cheering and hyping for the time they'll switch over. If it does happen, one thing is for sure - Blizzard is gonna ramp the bank up through faction/race change services like never before. At this point if feels like Blizzard would correct that one wrong they've done to the Alliance after leaving it hang without high elves. On the other hand, where are the ogres, seriously.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-10-24 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    An enormous number of Alliance players would absolutely love to have high elves. I've got two alts in two different guilds and to say that everyone is hyped would be understatement. A huge number of players who play blood elves would immediately faction change into the Alliance too as most of them play blood elves for the elven theme, rather than the Horde as a faction. Some do so because they like blood elves, while many do it because otherwise they can't have a high elven model that is playable. Most of the Alliance fans who are fanboying over high elves play night elves because they don't want to play on the Horde side of things. Just earlier on my Horde alt I witnessed like a dozen players arguing in the guild chat over high elves. Two blood elf dudes argued with some other blood elf dudes about it lol

Saw a lot of guild members on my alt cheering and hyping for the time they'll switch over. If it does happen, one thing is for sure - Blizzard is gonna ramp the bank up through faction/race change services like never before. At this point if feels like Blizzard would correct that one wrong they've done to the Alliance after leaving it hang without high elves. On the other hand, where are the ogres, seriously.

That's half the reason I'm skeptical of these sub races actually being playable/what they appear. Blizzard insists that factions matter and faction identity matters. Taking the most played race on Horde and one of the most popular races period and giving them what is essentially an Alliance variant would be a huge hit to any semblance of faction balance. Nightfallen on Horde wouldn't get close to making up for how many players the horde side would lose (probably overnight). I'm thinking either these aren't playable and people are reading too much into it or factions in general won't be as restrictive as they have been up until now. It could be that Blizzard just doesn't care about faction balance but I'd be surprised if that was the case with how much they usually try to push how important "faction identity" is
    Last edited by Igneous42; 2017-10-24 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneous42 View Post
    That's half the reason I'm skeptical of these sub races actually being playable/what they appear. Blizzard insists that factions matter and faction identity matters. Taking the most played race on Horde and one of the most popular races period and giving them what is essentially an Alliance variant would be a huge hit to any semblance of faction balance. Nightfallen on Horde wouldn't get close to making up for how many players the horde side would lose (probably overnight). I'm thinking either these aren't playable and people are reading too much into it or factions in general won't be as restrictive as they have been up until now. It could be that Blizzard just doesn't care about faction balance but I'd be surprised if that was the case with how much they usually try to push how important "faction identity" is
    I think you confuse faction identity with faction balance. Adding high/void elves to alliance would be good for identity, unless you think its ok that 50% of the Horde players are currently elves.

For balance though, I'm afraid we might end up with much bigger alliance playerbase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I too think it is very likely High Elves will be added as a playable race.
    What I think instead is that you hardly read the very post you quoted.

It is a completely objective argument, which is something that Mehrunes, Dagoth Ur, Zulkhan and Friendlyimmolation aren't capable of.
    Here we go, a few more names and we may very well create the anti-High Elf/anti-Vereesa dream team (where everyone is a Sylvanas fanboy of course). No seriously, this is at least the third time we're called by names. Go on @Friendlyimmolation, @Mehrunes, @Dagoth Ur, defend yourselves if you see it fit.

By the way, I would also like to know where this objective argument is. Because, so far, I've seen you conjure a decent lot of arguments but I doubt they could copy the Power Rangers and combine themselves into one mighty "objective argument".

It crushes in the corners of the boxes of their perceived reality and their reactions are just them pushing back against it.
    Our "perceived" reality seems real enough to be honest, unlike yours which is something more in line with "I FEEL things have changed".

The mere suggestion throws Horde and Blood Elf fanboys into complete meltdown mode instantly. They cannot talk about it objectively. They start frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs, no matter what logical argument you make. They start yelling "they are Blood Elves!" or "they are the same but with blue eyes!" or "there are not enough of them!" without having a justification why the Silver Covenant continues to appear in almost every single patch somewhere (minus WoD) as a faction of the Alliance. I didn't create the content. Take it up with Blizzard!
    So what you're trying to say is "these objectively correct facts don't matter because I see the Silver Covenant around"? Well, color me unconvinced.

My point is that Blizzard has been angling at adding them for a long time, since WotLK. Their characters and factions have gotten more lore time than almost every other playable race, including Blood Elves. That begs the question of why? Why does Blizzard continue to keep High Elves so separated from Blood Elves although the Sunwell was restored by Velen as a holy font of power? It would be very easy storywise to reintegrate them, yet they do not. Why?
    For all we know most of the High Elves could have been reintegrated just fine (the 5 of them left) considered that, guess what, the sole staunchly Alliance-aligned Silver Covenant got a constant lot of visibility, diametrically opposed to any other High Elf not affiliated with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I have been merely debating a previous post, in which the in-game presentation was used as an argument. Nothing more, nothing else. I do not insist on using in-game representation as the sole argument, I was only trying to debate what was stated.
    Very well, it seems I have lost track of the argument.

I have never argued for either.
    I know you haven't. I said who actually does. I only used it as an argument why the situation for including High Elves is already beyond (in a negative way) of even Worgen, whose main population was added only in Cata.

I did use Warcraft III only for things that would have to be lorewise massively different, in this instance, the Orcs using ships in only one port. There is nowhere any mention of any additional ports being assaulted by orcish refugees that I would remember, nor was it mentioned that there would be a meeting of additional ships afterwards. On top of that, there is no single mention of the port in question being guarded or strategicaly important. On top of that, the orcs taking a port is not mentioned anywhere ever again, be it Warcraft III, the books regarding estabilishment of Thrall's Horde or WoW itself afterwards, which suggests that either everyone forgot about the orcs suddenly running away with all of Lordaeron navy, or the port not being significant enough and thus not containing that many ships. Which in turn puts limits on how many orcs could've made it out of Lordaeron.
    And the entire population of Stormwind landed in Southshore, a fishing town. The Forsaken have a fleet capable of going toe to toe with Stormwind or performing a five year long naval blockade of Lordaeron. They do not have any port, be it in-game, or in-lore (the very point of Garrosh's invasion of Gilneas was to create a port for the Horde in the EK). Almost the entire population of Gilneas escaped on a handful ships. Blizzard is just shit at comprehending the topic of naval logistics. Even in recent expansions, let alone in Warcraft 3.

And if you combine that with there not being any mention of a significant part of Orcs (which, for the third time, were so numerous they were a potential threat to the entire Alliance) being left behind by Thrall, them still being significant enough to be a viable ally for the Forsaken or the fact that there's no mention of them having to rebuild their population either (and they managed to militarily rival Stormwind rather fast), I'm really not seeing the low amount of Orcs here.

Please, see above.
    This sidesteps the entire point about the Forsaken, with their massive numbers, still needing the Orc support. Even though they weren't even on the same continent.

Obviously, the argument about Tauren numbers does not include the Taunka, the Highmountain, Yaungol or any other Tauren population external to Kalimdor. While Cairne's tribe wasn't the only one, it was, per Warcraft III, the dominant tribe during the time. The game or any other lore source that I am aware of (or WoWpedia, for the matter) does not mention that the Tauren would be high enough in number, just with the Bloodhoof tribe being near extinction.
    In fact, it would make Cairne's subsequent leadership and Bloodhoof dominance among the Tauren nearly impossible, if they were massively outnumbered by other present Tauren tribes - and they would have to be, considering that in Warcraft III, Cairne uses "village" and "tribe" interchangeably when meeting Thrall.
    Taunka, Yaungol and the Highmountain Tauren (well, kind of in this case) are not the Tauren tribes of Kalimdor. And Cairne (with the help of the Orcs, but still) and his tribe were the ones to deal a significant blow to the Tauren and secure the Mulgore, which had a large significance for the Tauren. Given Tauren's overall peaceful ways (with the exception of the likes of the Grimtotem, who did oppose Cairne), it's not that unlikely they followed him due to the venerable position that it put him in.

If you believe the Horde playerbase to be as unstable that it would unravel by the hypothetical inclusion of High Elves as playable, then the Horde playerbase has a problem much larger than a potential of a popular Alliance race becoming playable; had that been the case, any succesful design on the Alliance side would cause a massive shift, not just the High Elves. Besides, the Alliance-Horde bases have remained largely in ballance since the numbers reached stable levels.
    Or is there any example of a faction suddenly depopulating before, due to a new player race? There might be a temporary small-scale switch, to play a new thing, but I sincerely doubt there would be scores of guilds suddenly migrating to Alliance because High Elves became playable.
    I mean, we already have a precedent of Alliance playerbase to be unstable, since the huge faction imbalance was rather quickly fixed with the addition of Blood Elves and it continued to stay that way for a decade, with the Blood Elves being one of the most popular races the entire time. So what's stopping the players that rerolled Horde for their pale-skinned Elven fix from doing it again? When the entire reason why the topic of High Elves is so unbearable for many is the constant, decade-old flood of posts by people like the OP who felt they are for some reason owed High Elves by Blizzard and saw the signs of their return to the Alliance even in the patterns of their coffee foam, all because they could not play their pale Elves on the faction they wanted.

Again, I do not argue the numbers being sky high. I compared the number of high elves under Alleria's command in Outland to Sen'Jin village. We know of additional High Elves making it there after the second time the Dark Portal opened (very well, we know of ONE; considering she is one of six named High Elves present, that either means that there are nearly none there - in which case I don't see why Auric Sunchaser was important enough to be included on Sunwell Plateau when Quel'Delar is reforged - and she was the only new arrival, or that there might be an influx of High Elves of some level to a population we simply don't see, due to the game scaling everything down to minimalistic levels).
    Auric Sunchaser is one of the few remaining (at the time, at least) High Elves that are somewhat important (by the virtue of being a leader of one of the groups) and the only one among them that didn't hate Lor'themar's guts for the exile of the High Elves (since he wasn't around for that to hold particularly strong resentment) or wasn't an unstable psycho that wasn't welcome in Quel'thalas even after Lor'themar's attempts at reunification, like Vereesa. Because aside from the missing Alleria, the number of even remotely important High Elves was countable on one hand (now with the destruction of several of their outposts, half of a hand).

And even if Allerian Stronghold's population was as big as Sen'jin's (I'm still not really sure how's that argument for anything, given how even for Darkspears which aren't a population powerhouse, that's only one outpost that's small even by their primitive standards), as I said in my first post in this thread, given that these are the Elves that did indeed answer Lor'themar's call for reunification talks, which indicates a desire to return to Quel'thalas and/or more amicable relations with it than other groups of High Elves, I'm not really seeing them as a relevant group for potential playable High Elves. Because why would they shit on their peace efforts just to full-swing back to the Alliance?

The issue of Void Elves also exists in them. Because while they were not around for the exile, they seem to have similar stances towards the mana draining performed by the Blood Elves. And just like with the exiles, I'm not really seeing someone with such moral convictions going all gung-ho on the idea of suckling on Void.

It appeared to me that you reffered to my arguments being idiotic as well, or, any statement that didn't outright disagree with High Elf playability for the matter. Apparently, I misunderstood what was being stated. You do imply a handful of people in general, and not having read their posts, I shall refrain from commenting either way.
    It appears that you do take this matter very seriously, however (which is somewhat hypocritical of me, considering I didn't remove myself from this thread yet). I would like to inquire. Considering that I seem to disagree with you on apparently quite a few points, where would you categorise my input (or attempts at such)?
    What I take seriously is being annoyed. People like those four geniuses I mentioned (add @Keihndeth to that), who have to resort to fanfiction, general lies and overall dishonest squirming to even make anything resembling a point annoy me. You're not doing any of that, are you now? I mean, let's examine the issue of the Orcs since I think it's where we disagree the most.

I can see where you're coming from since there is indeed no mention of Orcs raiding a major port. It's just that I disagree with your interpretation of those events, because of other things that aren't mentioned (the Orcs ever having to rebuild their population, despite quickly becoming a counter for the humans again), things that are rather clearly implied (the strategic value of Orcs as an ally for the Forsaken despite them being on two different continents rests on them having a significant population) and Blizzard's established craptastic sense of scale and comprehension of logistics when it comes to naval transport.

Before we move any further, I would like to point out that I never (in this thread, anyway) stated that High Elves should indeed be playable, I was just debating the points being used, and I do believe that they will never become so. My primary point of interest in this debate - and other similar ones - is that Blizzard has effectively ran out of existing races that could be potentially playable without a massive protest from the playerbase (or problems with their playability in general, before anyone comes up with the Naga or Ethereal). Thus, considering that timewise, we are due for a new race or more thereof, this is a topic that does not have a trivial solution.
    I know you haven't. And I'm doing the same thing. As for the races, even ignoring the likes of Ogres or Arakkoa, which are often-mentioned possibilities, eventually we're going to take on the role of space rangers (on an even bigger scale than in Legion) in the fight against the Void. Probably not now, since I personally think Blizzard will first wrap up Azeroth threats like Azshara, N'zoth, Zul and the new wound in Silithus, but still. Plenty of potential allied worlds, not to mention the entire Army of the Light (though right now Blizzard wrote themselves into a corner by portraying it entirely Draenei, but that could be just one group or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Battle of Wall Text. 2017
    Still nothing tangible, huh? What an unexpected surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    The main races represent the majority presence, and pillars of the Horde and Alliance. The pillars of strength that support it all. Introducing a sub-race percentage within that population isn't something that needs to meet the same standards.
    I suppose there's truth to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    This is nitpicking, and I'm not looking to make it seem like in heavy disagreement on this or something. But using Void and Shadow doesn't actually make you insane. No more than any power, at least. It's why you see plenty of people and races use Shadow abilities on occasion without signs of madness. Anduin did. There's the shadow arrow hunters can do. A host of rogue abilities. And Discipline priests. The problem is that if you delve deep into the void, you encroach on the domain of the Void Lords and get exposed to their influence. That, is where things get very risky.

In many ways, void is like fel. Draw it in too much, and only the strongest, most trained and disciplined minds can resist its power, and avoid becoming twisted monstrosities. But there are a lot of lesser levels to it. A (hypothetical) void taint tearing through the High Elf race would certainly place them at risk. But how high that level of risk is, we can't yet be certain. What level of corruption will they be at, is unknown. It can be as "mild" as when the Blood Elf eyes turned green.
    Channeling Void? Maybe not. It still brings you to the brink of insanity if it's your primary thing, as per Shadow Priests' description. But being engulfed in it? Very much so. And here's the gist of my argument regarding that issue. For something to be called Void whatever, it kinda should be engulfed in it like the Shadowguard or Alleria. I know, you did make an argument regarding lore not being known here yet. But we already have Shadow Form.

And yet, people running around in Shadow Form aren't referred to as Void whatever. At least I can't recall it ever being the case. Which is why I'm not seeing it as a valid name for Elves with purple eyes. So for me, such a name indicates a higher level of dabbling in it than Shadow Priests and Shadow Mages. Then there's the bit where a race of Elves running in Shadow Form or the like isn't particularly new. And if it's like Shadow Form where they can switch it off entirely, makes little sense. Particularly for magic-impaired Classes like Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    there is only a handful of pandaren that pledged themselves to both sides and theyre playable. and this thread isnt even about a playable race its a sub race.
    How exactly does that address what I said? That wasn't a remark about the size of their population. Not all playable Pandaren are players. There are still normal people like vendors and the like that aren't special snowflakes. That's still not comparable to a race of special snowflakes.

we dont know how they'll implement subraces. maybe they'll be like hero classes where they start out as a somebody already. everything in this thread is speculation based off what is likely work in progress
    And how are Night Elves or Blood Elves (depending on the faction it'd end up on) supposed to become a Nightborne? Especially with the Nightwell fading away after it lost its main power source.

if its void elves then we can likely assume they will be from allerias band of elven rangers.
    That aren't even mentioned anywhere, let alone shown. And even if any even followed her into the Nether, it'd be single individuals at best, given how she already brought only a handful to Draenor and the stark majority of Alliance Expedition remained on Draenor.

theyve spent 10,000 years on multiple worlds and planets fighting the legion. maybe its not just alleria but high elves in general that like ethereal have an affinity towards the void. after all, high elves not only have the blood of a titan empowering them from when azeroths blood transformed their race from dark trolls to night elves but also might have been affected by the old god/twilights hammer/void influence from tirisfal glades where some of them went mad before moving to quel'thalas where AGAIN they spent thousands of years being bathed in titan blood magic albeit in the lesser form of the sunwell.
    Ethereals have such a strong affinity towards the Void that Locus-Walker couldn't find a single one that was able to withstand its effects even though he had large parts of his race to choose from. As for Locus-Walker himself, given how much the Legion desires to get its hand on him, despite having access to all realities, he's pretty much a snowflake of multiversal proportions. And not only did Alleria and Turalyon spend only a thousand years in the Nether, Alleria trained in the Void for half of that. With no other High Elf trainees of Locus-Walker in sight. You're once again making an argument for the race being more of a unique special snowflake than its main hero, which is utterly unprecedented.

we dont know how the void works. all we know is that it IS possible to use its powers and remain sane. player shadow priests do it, alleria does it, locus walker does it.
    Locus-Walker and Alleria are phenomenons on cosmic scale. Shadow Priests aren't exactly Void beings and they already balance on the brink of insanity with the much lower level of Void-dabbling that they do, with many actually crossing that line.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-25 at 11:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Hmm.. If Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race, then Horde should get Humans. Because why not at this point.

I also made up a small story similar to HE.

A very very small group of Humans (just like HE) are not happy with Anduin. They think he will be the downfall of Stormwind. So they decide to leave Stormwind and find a new home on Azeroth. However this is war-times and Stormwind sees this as an act of treason, and punishment is dead.

A very very small group of Humans sail away from E. Kingdoms to seek shelter. They decide to change their name to.. Vumans. In honor of their beloved king Varian. Also, because they are under the sun alot, they now have darker hair color.

They seek refugee within the Horde. Enemy of my enemy is my friend etc etc.

There. Now we have Vumans. But remind you, they are not Humans. They have a different political view from Humans and few cosmetic changes to their appearance. Which obviously makes them a COMPLETELY different race.

V
    umans... Please make it happen Blizzard..
    Last edited by DarkT; 2017-10-25 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkT View Post
    Hmm.. If Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race, then Horde should get Humans. Because why not at this point.

A very very small group of Humans (just like HE) are not happy with Anduin. They think he will be the downfall of Stormwind. So they decide to leave Stormwind and find a new home on Azeroth. However this is war-times and Stormwind sees this as an act of treason, and punishment is dead.

A very very small group of Humans sail away from E. Kingdoms to seek shelter. They decide to change their name to.. Vumans. In honor of their beloved king Varian. Also, because they are under the sun alot, they now have darker hair color.

There. Now we have Vumans. But remind you, they are not Humans. They have a different political view from Humans and few cosmetic changes to their appearance. Which obviously makes them a COMPLETELY different race.

V
    Eh, there's not even need for that. They could basically make the Nathanos-style model a subrace for Forsaken if they wanted to give Horde humans.

@Keihndeth Ah, I was wondering what dark crevice did you slink into after you had no counter-arguments to your five points of nonsense that was dismantled by multiple people.

I too think it is very likely High Elves will be added as a playable race.
    I too (in regards to @Zulkhan) think it is very likely that you can't read for shit.

It is a completely objective argument, which is something that Mehrunes, Dagoth Ur, Zulkhan and Friendlyimmolation aren't capable of.
    Stomping your foot on the ground like a child and claiming the argument you make to be objective doesn't magically make it so. Or are you someone like KrazyK, who thinks that just because you made a YouTube video everything you say on the topic of lore instantly becomes gospel now?

Also, the fuck is wrong with people like you or Iron Fist that you have to bring @Dagoth Ur into it? The majority of the posts they made in this thread weren't even about High Elves or Void Elves and the ones that were expressed only finding them implausible only to focus on how the wording of the OP was funny to them in the first post they talked about them and a feeling of there being too many Elves as there are in the other one.

Are you two brilliant minds really so fragile that the moment you see a post that even remotely disagrees with your narrative you get so triggered you can't even differentiate between different people and lump them all together in the list of enemies of the glorious High Elven master race? It's pathetic, really.

It crushes in the corners of the boxes of their perceived reality and their reactions are just them pushing back against it. The mere suggestion throws Horde and Blood Elf fanboys into complete meltdown mode instantly. They cannot talk about it objectively. They start frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs, no matter what logical argument you make.
    Your comprehension of logic resulted in you arguing that old lore is invalid just because it's old, pretending that a blue post that didn't call the High Elves extinct actually did so even though a simple ctrl+f proves you wrong or using Chronicles as an argument for a time period that has yet to be covered by them. You have fuck all of a credibility to talk about arguments that are logical or "objective".

And given that, your bullcrap about a frothing mouths, meltdowns or perceived reality that's being crushed is just a hilarious case of pot calling kettle black (without any justification to even do so, in this case) and you showing off that you have zero self-awareness.

They start yelling "they are Blood Elves!" or "they are the same but with blue eyes!" or "there are not enough of them!" without having a justification why the Silver Covenant continues to appear in almost every single patch somewhere (minus WoD) as a faction of the Alliance. I didn't create the content. Take it up with Blizzard!
    That High Elves are the same species as Blood Elves and that the only physical difference between the two (not a universal one even, since there are Blood Elves with blue eyes) are just facts of the lore. You're literally getting triggered by facts right here. Whatever happened to your objective arguments That their population is extremely small is also a fact, confirmed both by how they are presented in the lore and by multiple blue posts on the matter.

And why would the frequent presence of the Silver covenant need any justification in regards to the High Elven numbers? You conflating the frequency of appearances of one faction (which is Vereesa's personal militia) with the race's numbers is not only not a counterargument to their population numbers, it's not even argument in general. It's you sucking at language and logic.

Also, something you dishonestly left out, outside of their personal squabbles with Sunreavers (which are just a fraction of the Blood Elves and as such also rather small) Silver Covenant was never the lone force in any of their military endeavors. They had been a supporting group for someone else. Be it Argent Crusade in Icecrown, the overall Alliance military in Theramore, Blood Elves and the Darkspear in Zul'Aman, Kirin Tor in the Isle of Thunder, Nightborne, Blood Elves and the Night Elves in Suramar. Constantly being a support for larger groups doesn't exactly say much about their own numbers, let alone anything specifically positive.

See @Serenais, this is the type of arguments I call idiotic. A brilliant, brilliant poster that did stupid shit like lying about the content of a blue post that was already quoted by someone or stating the lore has changed because "muh Chronicles", as if that had any relevance to the population of High Elves (i.e. what they were discussing), which is a topic from time period of Warcraft that hasn't been covered by Chronicles yet, got called out on that by multiple people and instead of trying to argue further and defend their argument (I mean, it'd be hard in that case, but still) to further the discussion, they instead faded away only to reappear later on to make posts devoid of any merit that cowardly fling shit (that they have to make up first) at people that triggered them (after they lumped them all into one personal boogeyman), rather than making an actual argument against them. Because posters like this are argumentatively bankrupt and are the forum equivalent of Trump.

Their characters and factions have gotten more lore time than almost every other playable race, including Blood Elves.
    Their characters as in Vereesa and only now Alleria, and who else? Also the claim they have more lore than Blood Elves is pure nonsense. Because for the very few times the High Elves did not serve merely as a counter-force to the Blood Elven story (like they did in Dalaran, Icecrown, Icecrown again, Zul'Aman, Dalaran again, Isle of Thunder and finally Suramar), Blood Elves got Reliquary, internal Horde politics, Sunwell manga trilogy, San'layn, Demon Hunters, their fights against Highborne and Night Elf Mages in at least two zones after Cata revamp, Sunsworn allying with Auchenai in WoD and the entirety of TBC including them in one form or another, including the final raid revolving around their Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Here we go, a few more names and we may very well create the anti-High Elf/anti-Vereesa dream team (where everyone is a Sylvanas fanboy of course). No seriously, this is at least the third time we're called by names. Go on @Friendlyimmolation, @Mehrunes, @Dagoth Ur, defend yourselves if you see it fit.
    Goes without saying.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-10-25 at 10:51 AM.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    I would laugh so hard if they decide to reunite the quel thalas elves as members of the horde cause of reasons. Would enjoy the cries of alliance players <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkT View Post

V
    If I were still a Horde player and I had a chance that we'd get rid of a good percentage of Elf players to the Alliance by giving them High Elves I would totally support that. Blood Elves have never felt like Horde they were always and will always be Horde Lite the Diet Cola of Horde.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    Vumans.... lol. Just give Alliance Hight Elfs, and Horde gets undeads like Nathanos.... after all its human, but dead.

Deleted
    Well, I rerolled a Blood Elf Mid-TBC - and I like BE very much for their lore more than for their looks (which are of cource also considered). I am surely not going back to playing Alliance if they would introduce High Elves there. The ship has sailed, and High Elves don't have any bit of interesting lore and character concepts for me, not even with Alleria coming back. THEY ARE SO BORING. I don't need the n-th incarnation of the standard High Elf from your regular fantasy tropes. If I want to have these kind of Elves, I play Dungeons & Dragons. From WoW, I expect Elves to be different - and this was perfectly fulfilled by the savage yet high culture Night Elves just as well as by the fallen but redeemed Blood Elves, who have risen from the ashes like the Phoenix which is part of their imagery. Nightbore are a different twist on the Elven stereotype, but High Elves are just too generic for me. Good enough to be NPCs, but not good enough to reroll and make a new main. I love my BE characters, my trolls, my orcs, my forsaken and my goblin just too much to give up on them - and if I would have more space on the 2 connected servers where I play my Horde characters, I would delete a bunch of my low level Alliance alts to create even more Hordies.

But if Alliance should get High Elves, then the Horde should get an equally appealing race as well - and given our engagement in the Legion campaign and aiding Draenei and Krokul troops, I would love to get a branch of Draenei into the Horde as compensation. Could even be Legion defactors, this would be perfect to fit the outcast theme of the Horde. Or let the Nightborne join the Horde, so we would have a "recoloured" Night Elf equivalent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    I would laugh so hard if they decide to reunite the quel thalas elves as members of the horde cause of reasons. Would enjoy the cries of alliance players <3
    Also this!
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-10-25 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    My bet for void elves is that they would look like normal high elves except with the additional customisation options like void-themed tattoos, eyes and maybe hair colours similar to how demon hunters and death knights have their own unique customisation. I would be very fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Eh, there's not even need for that. They could basically make the Nathanos-style model a subrace for Forsaken if they wanted to give Horde humans.
    Or, to make it more similar to what @DarkT had in mind without resorting to silly stuff like vumans, Alterac humans! At some point allied with the Horde after all. And not just any point, but W2, the same game that gave Alliance the High Elves. Banking on W2 nostalgia makes it all the more equivalent to the High Elves. Now, the Syndicate that formed from Alterac was not exactly friendly with the Horde, but that can be easily explained. At the end of the Vanilla questlines involving them, it was discovered there's a Shadow Council influence over them (never explored further, but then again neither was Alterac in general).

So, either have the Syndicate discover that on its own and have them rebel against the higher ups that were on it, or make it simply disappear with the Legion imploding at the end of this expansion. Now the only thing left is to differentiate them somehow from Stormwind humans. But that can be easily done. Just have the Fel green eye from the exposure, pulling a reverse High Elf and problem solved. The perfect equivalent for High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Now, the Syndicate that formed from Alterac was not exactly friendly with the Horde, but that can be easily explained.
    Actually, the Syndicate was already doing business with the Forsaken at some point during at least Vanilla, as you found out when you did the level 10 rogue quest for the Forsaken, so there would be an easy way to make that happen. I do not trust Blizzard to even remember things like this, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Actually, the Syndicate was already doing business with the Forsaken at some point during at least Vanilla, as you found out when you did the level 10 rogue quest for the Forsaken, so there would be an easy way to make that happen. I do not trust Blizzard to even remember things like this, though.
    I figure it'd be easier to just give the Nightfallen to the Horde. Tyrande was a bitch to them and the Horde generally seemed concerned with their plight. An Elven race that actually feels like it belongs with the Horde. Problem solved.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I too think it is very likely High Elves will be added as a playable race. It is a completely objective argument, which is something that Mehrunes, Dagoth Ur, Zulkhan and Friendlyimmolation aren't capable of.
    Ignoring the fact that you didn't even read the post you qouted, which makes it even less likely you read ours, where have I anywhere denied possibility of high elves?

I merely stated reasons why I dislike them being added into the game.
    I am also perfectly aware if Blizzard wants them, they'll be added into the game no matter how much previously established lore has to be twisted and changed to make it happen.

It crushes in the corners of the boxes of their perceived reality and their reactions are just them pushing back against it. The mere suggestion throws Horde and Blood Elf fanboys into complete meltdown mode instantly. They cannot talk about it objectively. They start frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs, no matter what logical argument you make. They start yelling "they are Blood Elves!" or "they are the same but with blue eyes!" or "there are not enough of them!" without having a justification why the Silver Covenant continues to appear in almost every single patch somewhere (minus WoD) as a faction of the Alliance. I didn't create the content. Take it up with Blizzard!
    In you're desparate attempt to be witty, you described yourself better than the posters your post was targeting.
    Being so fragile you immediately start with insults as soon as you see post that you disagree with, I think what you wrote is more accurate description of yourself.