Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why am I not surprised you watch shit movies like this?

A real, honest-to-God war will fix the problem. Humans need war and conflict to function properly, else this happens. <just gestures to the current state of the Western world>

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I think it's bigotry to label everyone who disagrees with you as "privileged." Maybe you should pick a new buzz word to hide your hate.
    Anyone who uses the words "privilege" or "microaggression" un-ironically should be ignored by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    'Privilege' no such thing. Just work hard and reap the rewards!
    Not really. I'm privileged. I won the lottery and was born to a family where I eventually inherited my parents business and am in line for their home, despite not exactly wanting them.

Don't let SJW hysteria delude you to the idea that privilege doesn't exist.

Came here for puzzles and left watching "horror" movie thing..... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No. Neither Jigsaw, nor Tyler Durden, nor Patrick Bateman, nor any other sociopathic fictional characters have a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Standing up against bigotry is weak?
    Creating bigotry narratives where there isn't any is weak. The majority of today's SJW and PC crowd do just that and not what you have stated. If anything they'd be standing up against the racist values that their own ilk spread like the nonsense of "white privilege".

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no being offended by every stupid little thing that wasn't intended to offend anyone is pathetic and just tries to ruin everything for everyone.
    like people saying there is a war on christmas?

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So was watching Saw 2 the other day and got to the part where they found jigsaw in the factory. When he was asked about his nickname he said

Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    Jigsaw killer was a bitter, judgmental, pseudo intellectua ass.

- - - Updated - - -

No, he didn't have a point. Who was he to decide who apprciated life? I'm sure the addict was enjoying her life. She just wasn't enjoying it the way he thought she should.

- - - Updated - - -

In jigsaw voice....

Hello MMOC, I want to play a game.

For years, you squabbled amongst each other, allowing partisan politics and culture wars to soil relationships, create echo chambers, and forget about the one thing that brought everyone togheter: gaming.

(Insert ironic trap scenario here)

Will you remenber what unites us all, or will you insert discussions about political correctness and bigotry in what should be a tame thread about a shitty film series that went on for wayyyy to long.

Live or die, make your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I understand it perfectly. The OP is trying to sound deep, and in doing so, makes himself look like a fool.

You. Are. Adorable.
    So discussing a movie is dumb, but discussing OP is fine. Add that your only form of arguments is calling people names.

Interesting people discuss things. Stupid people discuss people.

The point he makes that I agree with is that if you're wise enough to get away with murder; make it interesting.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I understand it perfectly. The OP is trying to sound deep, and in doing so, makes himself look like a fool.

You. Are. Adorable.
    I think you're inserting somethig that isn't there.

He asked one question, do people lack survival instinct? That's it.

Does he have a point? I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    I'm not sure which part of this is more silly, the idea that humans lack survival instincts, the plan of cutting out a jigsaw piece from their flesh (P.S. not an easy thing to do), or that we should take a lesson from Saw II other than "Hollywood needs to stop making hundreds of shitty sequels to every horror movie".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    People today aren't that different from people 100 years ago, maybe a lot less fit and used to living an easy life, try having to pump your water by hand every morning for example.
    I beg to differ...things are a lot different from people a 100 years ago, heck I'd say things are a lot different from 20-30 years ago.

P.S. Wasn't Jigsaw's point in the original Saw that people were taking their lives for granted? Or were otherwise being shitty people. And the traps were attempting to teach them some kind of lesson pertinent to their lives.

I haven't seen any of the sequels though, on the general principle that horror sequels are almost always garbage, and I liked the original enough not to want to spoil it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I agree, the current SJW and PC hysteria is a result of good times and thus creating weak people.
    Certainly seems to have created a lot of weak-minded people who think that "SJWs" are a serious problem in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Anyone who uses the words "privilege" or "microaggression" un-ironically should be ignored by default.
    The former is an actual word though.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2017-10-26 at 04:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no being offended by every stupid little thing that wasn't intended to offend anyone is pathetic and just tries to ruin everything for everyone.
    Yeah just like all those people being offended by the "make america nazi-free again" posters.

Bunch of SJW pansie- oh wait.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Came here for puzzles and left watching "horror" movie thing..... *sigh*
    I was rather disapointed when the moves stopped being about puzzles and were more about kill and/or try to save some one though crap tones of gore.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    I agree, the current SJW and PC hysteria is a result of good times and thus creating weak people.
    Agreed, tons of people on the right getting their panties in a twist about "PC hysteria".

Deleted
    So was watching Saw 2 the other day and got to the part where they found jigsaw in the factory. When he was asked about his nickname he said

Don't take inspiration from characters like Jigsaw or we'll have to call the police.

I feel like there is a growing problem with the population these days. Should many people have that jigsaw piece cut out of their skin?
    Considering basically all developed nations are currently having the OPPOSITE problem (declining birth rates that have the population in decline) and the fact that it in no way is indicative of an idividual's drive to survive.... I think this mater is wholly unrelated.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ''People lack survival instinct, so I'm going to kill them!!''

Yeah, that's one deep philosophy.
    have you... have you not even seen the movies? The puzzles(jigsaw himself made, not his "disciples" who are just in it for the murder.) are meant to put one to the test. You fail, you die. just like nature intended before safety belts and pussyaching about protecting the stupid from earning their well deserved Darwin awards.

Old dead man has a point, people got soft. They lost their drive. Why try to be better than who you were yesterday when "meh I'm comfortable enough. oh look another facebook notification!" is an option? MOst people don't even try to answer that, they just kind of putter along until they're in the ground.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening