Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    its not a big project, thats the point people try to make it out to be because they have to what..... interface with the battle.net launcher? ook
    Did you not read?

Any lost data will have to be redone. According to interviews from the time of the debacle they said while it's kept under a version control system that a lot of data such as numbers and hotfixes isn't.

And yes porting a game that didn't initially use Battle.net to Battle.net would take quite a bit of work. Vanilla wasn't built around the infrastructure.

And yes the staff costs are high. Blizzard would not hire interns. They would hire professional staff and if I recall @Darsithis works in that area so he could probably chime in with a better idea of the costs.

I'm not saying it couldn't be done. But to ignore the factors completely is just blind at best. Blizzard are to be held to a higher standard if they did Legacy. They wouldn't cheapskate their way around it or take shortcuts.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-26 at 07:38 PM.

Short answer? No. Long Answer? If I want a grindfest i'd go play black desert or some other Korean MMO. While I do miss some of the feeling of vanilla wow, like having to make groups, or being pre ability pruning. That doesn't make up for it just being... well... very basic.

Deleted
    I would on the side, yes. I'd probably play PvP again if this was the case.

Other than that? I'd stay on the normal Legion/Whatever comes next.

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    If I want a grindfest i'd go play black desert or some other Korean MMO.
    Or just continue playing Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Or just continue playing Legion.
    AP really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. You can get Concordance literally minutes after 110.

Legendaries I 100% agree are awful. Partly because a few specs need specific ones. What was wrong with the cape and ring back in MoP and WoD? I liked working on an item over the course of the expansion personally.

RNG. Yep I agree. Titanforging is horrid. What was wrong with 6 ilvl Warforging?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-26 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    What do you think? Would you play on official vanilla legacy servers if they announced them at Blizzcon?
    For me that would depend on how far the Legacy goes and what Expacs were included. I enjoyed alot of what you stated about Vanilla myself and had a blast all the way up to Pandaria. Alot of people give flack about Cata but I like the way it made you FEEL the world being reshaped through an expac. BC and Wrath, yea they had their own zones to help make you feel like the world is changing around you but in the end Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor never really changed from a storyboard point of view.

I would def buy back into WoW if Legacy servers became a thing because I do not like the new system they went were EVERY Class had a Rogue style ability system to even out the playing field. I loved being only Mana dependent, when I saw the Malestrom system and how many other changes there were to my fave class the Shaman, that is what drove the nail in the coffin for me.

I have played Private servers and liked them to a degree. but it has been YEARS since I last played a Private server and after what happens to that Nostralius(dont remember the name) Private server I didnt think that many remained.

I played live and in a Guild, the thing that really tore me from wow was the lack of communication in game. Guild chat was all but non existent and I tried a few guilds on Silvermoon US. I miss my old Progression guilds but I do still love the feel of being a little Orc in a big huge world waiting for my next adventure. I would go to a Legacy server for that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Don't pay him any attention.

Kungen still whines today that current content is too easy yet is carried through it by people who outgear it.

He tried to make Vanilla content hard on retail by purposely gearing himself in greens and whites when he had that awful 60 guild.

- - - Updated - - -

One is done by a completely different method to how Blizzard would do it. I can't say the method because it's a topic that last I checked was against the rules on this site to discuss.

And no Blizzard would hire professional staff to run it. Why with their resources would they put a big project in the hands of interns?

I wasn't trying to have a go at you by your earlier post by the way. Just I'd rather the thread stay open so we can continue to discuss. We've been told a few times that it would be shut down.
    When i linked him this
    <snipped>
    he didnt even comment it, cause this is what knoweldge of class does to classic wow

Infracted: Linking videos made on private servers is against the rules. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-10-26 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You’re pretending to know that everyone’s divided on what they want, based on a few posts scattered throughout this topic.
    Wow. You really are an idiot. You also failed to point out where I was asserting my opinion was a fact. The problem with your rambling bullshit is that there ARE people in this thread who want slightly differing things vs pure legacy. That's NOT opinion, but IS fact. Note that I didn't say whether those people are a ton of the pro camp or not... Since you seem rather.... challenged, I'll be more clear - that they exist is an indication that the legacy camp has several factions and would not be universally satisfied with a pure legacy experience.

You need to learn to think and argue more clearly. And your post history whining about many facets of the game belies your assertion that you don't hate the game.

Welcome to /ignore btw.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wow. You really are an idiot. You also failed to point out where I was asserting my opinion was a fact. The problem with your rambling bullshit is that there ARE people in this thread who want slightly differing things vs pure legacy. That's NOT opinion, but IS fact. Note that I didn't say whether those people are a ton of the pro camp or not... Since you seem rather.... challenged, I'll be more clear - that they exist is an indication that the legacy camp has several factions and would not be universally satisfied with a pure legacy experience.

You need to learn to think and argue more clearly. And your post history whining about many facets of the game belies your assertion that you don't hate the game.

Welcome to /ignore btw.
    Same to you, seems like all you can do is insult people and be a douchebag. Good riddance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    For me that would depend on how far the Legacy goes and what Expacs were included. I enjoyed alot of what you stated about Vanilla myself and had a blast all the way up to Pandaria. Alot of people give flack about Cata but I like the way it made you FEEL the world being reshaped through an expac. BC and Wrath, yea they had their own zones to help make you feel like the world is changing around you but in the end Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor never really changed from a storyboard point of view.

I would def buy back into WoW if Legacy servers became a thing because I do not like the new system they went were EVERY Class had a Rogue style ability system to even out the playing field. I loved being only Mana dependent, when I saw the Malestrom system and how many other changes there were to my fave class the Shaman, that is what drove the nail in the coffin for me.

I have played Private servers and liked them to a degree. but it has been YEARS since I last played a Private server and after what happens to that Nostralius(dont remember the name) Private server I didnt think that many remained.

I played live and in a Guild, the thing that really tore me from wow was the lack of communication in game. Guild chat was all but non existent and I tried a few guilds on Silvermoon US. I miss my old Progression guilds but I do still love the feel of being a little Orc in a big huge world waiting for my next adventure. I would go to a Legacy server for that alone.
    Cataclysm was the worst expansion imo, it completely ruined most of the old zones and didn't give really great content back in return. Also they ruined Deadmines and other classic dungeons.

Deleted
    All these obnoxious and salty No votes, it really is pathetic that some people don't want to see this game become relevant again.

Because right now, wow is literally irrelevant, it's a game that no one cares about anymore. the only people who care about and play this game are people who started in mists or later, and are salty that they were simply too young to play vanilla wow, or still a sperm cell in daddys ballsack. only a fool would persist in playing this absolute imposter of a game called retail wow, its a completley different game, dev team, and philosphy. blizzard are just milking the money from there past success with the game. they will never get another penny from me until legacy is released.

If they don't announce legacy servers at BlizzCon, consider wow irrelevant again to me until next BlizzCon, I will never return to this game until legacy servers are given to us, the players who made this game the success it once was.
    Last edited by mmoca138a41cd8; 2017-10-26 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    All these obnoxious and salty No votes, it really is pathetic that some people dont want to see this game become relevant again.
    Don't see why it's salty to not want to play something old. It has nothing to do with making anything relevant again, the OP title is pretty plain and simple Why you so mad?

-Edit-

Because right now, wow is literally irrelevant, it's a game that no one cares about anymore.
    And legacy changes nothing. Beating a dead horse doesn't bring back popularity. Just look how popularity affected Starcraft 2 once they released SC:Remastered - Did you notice all the players talking about Starcraft again? Probably not because it it didn't make SC relevant again at all.

What makes WoW relevant is new expansions. Even the shittiest ones have brought back old blood and gotten people interested enough to come back.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-10-26 at 09:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    All these obnoxious and salty No votes, it really is pathetic that some people don't want to see this game become relevant again.

Because right now, wow is literally irrelevant, it's a game that no one cares about anymore. the only people who care about and play this game are people who started in mists or later, and are salty that they were simply too young to play vanilla wow, or still a sperm cell in daddys ballsack. only a fool would persist in playing this absolute imposter of a game called retail wow, its a completley different game, dev team, and philosphy. blizzard are just milking the money from there past success with the game. they will never get another penny from me until legacy is released.

If they don't announce legacy servers at BlizzCon, consider wow irrelevant again to me until next BlizzCon, I will never return to this game until legacy servers are given to us, the players who made this game the success it once was.
    If people that voted No are salty, you must be the Dead sea.

I'm seeing 2 problems with this threat that is caused by most people, and its leading this threads purpose out of direction:

1. Legacy servers and private servers are 2 different subjects, yet people keep bringing up private servers while this is a seperate topic of its own. Legacy servers would mean servers made by Blizzard that recreates the experience of older expansions without taking an illegal action. Private servers are not only that, but they are also misleading when it comes to numbers when you talk about having enough activity. There are a lot of people who don't even know about private servers, or they know but don't want to play it because they only want to play older expansions made in servers that are reliable. There's little point in bringing up these numbers and to assume whether there is enough interest for Blizzard to make legacy servers. This ofcourse counts for both groups who say there's enough or to little interest.

2. Legacy servers IS NOT JUST CLASSIC WOW. While people mostly talk about classic and a little with TBC and WotLK, they seem to forget that other people might love to play the in-between expansions like WotLK, Cata and MoP. But now everyone is assuming its all just about classic WoW while this wasn't even considered WoW's peak, its the very basis of the game where it all started. People might rather stick with WotLK because they like the raids, PvP, story etc. Or theyw ant to play MoP because they like the new lore, zones, gameplay etc. IMO these expansions had way better gameplay than Legion, that alone should be a good reason for people wanting to revisit these older expansions.

If I got the cool shit I earn on the legacy server on the current server characters (scarab lord, atiesh, T3 est) then yes without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm seeing 2 problems with this threat that is caused by most people, and its leading this threads purpose out of direction:

1. Legacy servers and private servers are 2 different subjects, yet people keep bringing up private servers while this is a seperate topic of its own. Legacy servers would mean servers made by Blizzard that recreates the experience of older expansions without taking an illegal action. Private servers are not only that, but they are also misleading when it comes to numbers when you talk about having enough activity. There are a lot of people who don't even know about private servers, or they know but don't want to play it because they only want to play older expansions made in servers that are reliable. There's little point in bringing up these numbers and to assume whether there is enough interest for Blizzard to make legacy servers. This ofcourse counts for both groups who say there's enough or to little interest.

2. Legacy servers IS NOT JUST CLASSIC WOW. While people mostly talk about classic and a little with TBC and WotLK, they seem to forget that other people might love to play the in-between expansions like WotLK, Cata and MoP. But now everyone is assuming its all just about classic WoW while this wasn't even considered WoW's peak, its the very basis of the game where it all started. People might rather stick with WotLK because they like the raids, PvP, story etc. Or theyw ant to play MoP because they like the new lore, zones, gameplay etc. IMO these expansions had way better gameplay than Legion, that alone should be a good reason for people wanting to revisit these older expansions.
    As far as I'm concerned, they should start with vanilla servers. TBC and WotLK can always come later if there's interest.

Cata and MoP seems pointless. Too recent, and I don't think many people would be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I'm saying I'd love legacy servers because vanilla WoW was an amazing experience. You've said you didn't play until TBC, so how can you even judge a game you never played?

If Blizzard decides it would be a money-maker they'll do it, if not they won't. I can tell them they'd get a sub out of me to play on such a server (Hell, I'd probably pay $30/month to play on a vanilla server.) That's about all I can do. Listening to people express an opinion about something they never experienced is a waste of my time, so I'll move on.
    I have functional hands, eyeballs, ears and a brain. I can look up how Vanilla worked, what it was like to play...and I wouldn't like it. No, it's true that I didn't personally experience Vanilla as it was...and I'm glad I wasn't. It sounds like it was way too grindy and demanding. I've heard horror-stories of people grinding pvp ranks, having real, tangible impact on their real lives, because that was what the game demanded to get to the higher eschelons of the pvp system.

Same with getting just decent gear, farming consumables and resistance buffs for certain content. I don't care how 'hardcore' you want a game to be to satisfy you, but 'grindcore' is something that can be avoided either way. A lot of the difficulty about things with vanilla (and some of BC as well) was arbitrary.

It was also stressed that there were issues with it, and it was based in nostalgia, but they're taking the wishes for legacy/'pristine' servers seriously.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEn8iVkOMd4

Note as he says in this vid, Hazzikostas is NOT who you want to look at for confirmation of Legacy servers, whatever it means, because it's extremely vague what he says. To me, it sounds like they want to do flexible world phasing, not actual seperate servers from live to re-capture the pre-cataclysm world.

It's a quote balanced on an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    If I got the cool shit I earn on the legacy server on the current server characters (scarab lord, atiesh, T3 est) then yes without a doubt.
    This has been brought up several times, and personally I don't see a problem with it, provided it's challenging enough to earn these. You do realize there can only be one Scarab Lord per server, so you better bring your AAA+ game if you want to have any chance of earning that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I have functional hands, eyeballs, ears and a brain. I can look up how Vanilla worked, what it was like to play...and I wouldn't like it. No, it's true that I didn't personally experience Vanilla as it was...and I'm glad I wasn't. It sounds like it was way too grindy and demanding. I've heard horror-stories of people grinding pvp ranks, having real, tangible impact on their real lives, because that was what the game demanded to get to the higher eschelons of the pvp system.

Same with getting just decent gear, farming consumables and resistance buffs for certain content. I don't care how 'hardcore' you want a game to be to satisfy you, but 'grindcore' is something that can be avoided either way. A lot of the difficulty about things with vanilla (and some of BC as well) was arbitrary.

It was also stressed that there were issues with it, and it was based in nostalgia, but they're taking the wishes for legacy/'pristine' servers seriously.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEn8iVkOMd4

Note as he says in this vid, Hazzikostas is NOT who you want to look at for confirmation of Legacy servers, whatever it means, because it's extremely vague what he says. To me, it sounds like they want to do flexible world phasing, not actual seperate servers from live to re-capture the pre-cataclysm world.

It's a quote balanced on an egg.
    I guess so, but it's not a "No, we'll definitely never do it". That's the best we have right now.

This has been brought up several times, and personally I don't see a problem with it, provided it's challenging enough to earn these. You do realize there can only be one Scarab Lord per server, so you better bring you AAA+ game if you want to have any chance of earning that.
    Title yes, but anyone with the scepter can get the mount within 10 hours of the first 'gong'.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Title yes, but anyone with the scepter can get the mount within 10 hours of the first 'gong'.
    As I recall merely getting that scepter was a massive undertaking. I don't mind as long as it's not a handout.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to think that i would "consider" checking it out. But now i'm at the point where i feel it's completely unnecessary. I would not touch it probably even if my friends tried to convince me to. Unless it can somehow replace the current expansion, i wouldn't do it. Most likely because i don't have as much time as i used to have, and i already play current expansion less because of other games i want to play.