Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Rexxar !

I still see Beastmaster like Rexxar.

Dual wielding axes, not a stupid laser gun, throwing them from range, traps, a lot of bleeds, comanding a BIG beast while also having up to two smaller annimals that do only minor damage providing utilities like slows, stuns, heal, etc....

You should be able to sacrifice one of your companions in order to get a good amont of HP for surviveability. Your big beast will have a reasonable amount of leech, charging, roaring, swiping while you are doing single target attacks. The only spec with 'Murder of Crows', Camo baseline.

Just dreaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackspiral View Post
    In addition to tweaking classes, I wish they would rework pets as well. We only have a few that give an actual ability to use, (rez - lust - heal debuff) and the rest are just skins with nothing special.
    Yeah that's, too needed as hell. It's like they didn't even gave enough fk about this class and when they removed party buffs it made vast majority of pets useless.
    Right now for for BM/mm (not like this spec is viable with pet but still) for PvP there are only 2 viable options: slow (3 pet families providing it, but as warp stalkers have longer CD and crocolisks is melee, spiders are go to with their short CD and ranged) and Mortal wounds (4 pet families, all 4 are equal) that gives you ability to choose one of 5 pet families :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the rework will be done in the next xpac, i cant imagine keeping this hunter model we have now. MM is just stale and BM is very clunky due to the pets old ai or interactions with the pet. SV is in an amazing place tho

bnet: Adimaru #2805

I think it would be a huge mistake to make BM melee. I'm pretty sure BM is the absolutely most played hunter specc among people that don't raid, and I really don't think these people want to play melee hunter - so big mistake by Blizzard to change this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    I think it would be a huge mistake to make BM melee. I'm pretty sure BM is the absolutely most played hunter specc among people that don't raid, and I really don't think these people want to play melee hunter - so big mistake by Blizzard to change this.
    In my opinion they should make it both melee and ranged, for example a damage buff to your pet stay within 5yrds of your pet or if you prefer ranged, you get a talent or spell that compensates this

Quote Originally Posted by Adimaru View Post
    SV is in an amazing place tho
    Yes, I agree. Survival's unpopularity and total lack of appeal with the Hunter playerbase truly is amazing. Who would have thought that what was once one of the game's most popular specs would end up making good company with the tumbleweeds for over two years in a row. I am amazed.

In my opinion they should make it both melee and ranged, for example a damage buff to your pet stay within 5yrds of your pet or if you prefer ranged, you get a talent or spell that compensates this
    Just stop. Hunters, for the most part, do not want melee. Stop trying to think up of different ways to force melee on the class. Your ideas are crap and the only thing they'll bring about is more bitterness and disappointment.

Beast Mastery is currently one of the game's most popular specs despite being the lowest-performing specs in its class. Part of that is the total freedom in movement and range. You think Survival was controversial? All hell will break loose if you try to force melee on Beast Mastery.
    Last edited by Bepples; 2017-10-26 at 10:11 AM.

Or they could just keep Survival as the melee specc instead of ruining another one.

Or they could just keep Survival as the melee specc instead of ruining another one.
    Spot on, but better yet: make Survival ranged again and leave it at that. Afterwards, Blizzard could stop trying to force unwelcome playstyles onto the class (or any class, for that matter) and let people enjoy their favourite specs in peace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i was just throwing around ideas, personally i would just prefer more interesting mechanics/playstyles for the class (pointing at mm)

AS I said, there are ways to make BM both mele and ranged, not necessary at the same time, more of glad stance approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I'd say it makes sense that it should be the best choice, mm was always a long range sniper more or less if you want the pet you can take it but a sniper having his pet run 2 miles to get to a target that should already be dead doesn't make much sense fantasy wise.
    no such thing as "snipers" in WoW archers come somewhat close- but still not there; besides- just recently Blizzard tried "ranged all the way" MM in legion, no pet, no traps, just clear cut shots and look how it ended and how loved it was.
    All hunters are.... hunters in WoW. They all should just use pets, traps and other general "hunting" utility. Just because one spec focuses more on pets while the other one on hunter himself doesn't mean they should be able to perform other thing.
    And yeah, I strongly support "forcing" hunters to use pets, that's like the "core" of this class. Now, it doesn't have to big such a part of MM for instance, but it needs to be there for overall design purposes. We are enemies here as If either idea wins (petless or not) the other one has to be watered down by a long shot.

I hope to God they fix them. Wrath was my favorite expansion overall and hunters were pretty solid at the end, but by far I think the best gameplay wise they have been would of been cata. The switch to focus was smart, skill tress still existed and you could hybrid spec to an extent, CC still mattered and hunters were valued for it, we had aspects, and we had universal hunter's mark.

I'm fine with survival going melee but bring back everything else, including skill tress in some sense and a revamp of the current talent system.

Make hunters/all classes have their gimmicks again!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    AS I said, there are ways to make BM both mele and ranged, not necessary at the same time, more of glad stance approach.

no such thing as "snipers" in WoW archers come somewhat close- but still not there; besides- just recently Blizzard tried "ranged all the way" MM in legion, no pet, no traps, just clear cut shots and look how it ended and how loved it was.
    All hunters are.... hunters in WoW. They all should just use pets, traps and other general "hunting" utility. Just because one spec focuses more on pets while the other one on hunter himself doesn't mean they should be able to perform other thing.
    And yeah, I strongly support "forcing" hunters to use pets, that's like the "core" of this class. Now, it doesn't have to big such a part of MM for instance, but it needs to be there for overall design purposes. We are enemies here as If either idea wins (petless or not) the other one has to be watered down by a long shot.
    Snipers are a thing don’t know if there classified as hunters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Snipers are a thing don’t know if there classified as hunters though.
    Its not canon. Someone from Blizzard was clarifying that WarCraft's technology isn't THAT advanced to have machine guns and such advanced weaponry (there is a horde q in jade forest too with them).
    Besides whole "sniper" concept wouldn't even work in WoWs environment nor it would fit the gameplay.
    MM Hunters just happen to be more skilful with bows/guns/xbows, that's it. They are still hunters for all it stands for.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Its not canon. Someone from Blizzard was clarifying that WarCraft's technology isn't THAT advanced to have machine guns and such advanced weaponry (there is a horde q in jade forest too with them).
    Besides whole "sniper" concept wouldn't even work in WoWs environment nor it would fit the gameplay.
    MM Hunters just happen to be more skilful with bows/guns/xbows, that's it. They are still hunters for all it stands for.
    Do you have any proof it’s not cannon? They have coppters with machine guns tanks and transforming mech suits all of which are far more techiclogly advanced then a simple sniper rifle.

I'd like to be a hunter again, something that hasn't existed since Cata wrecked everything. I remember being MM for heavy hitting shots, while kiting, trapping, pulling for raids and managing their threat, interrupting instead of "lol infinite heal mana", and cleverly using my pet as both decoy and very temporary tank. And people have the gall to claim the skill cap has raised with more useless filler damage buttons in place of actual roles. But but mah pointless parsing!

Would also be nice in general to actually have my performance matter rather than "the stars aligned and all your bells and whistles proc'ed at the same time, when the boss wasn't shitting on the ground beneath you, because that's the only mechanic the playerbase can handle any more."
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2017-10-27 at 02:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I mained a Hunter since Kara. Played mostly SV. Stopped playing my Hunter as my main in Legion because I currently don't like any of the specs. I dislike BM's playstyle and I detest a lot of my damage being on my pet if the AI goes wonky. I don't like the "open the window" gameplay of MM. And I don't like the super duper clunkiness of SV, even though I actually don't mind having the option to go melee.

But, it's fine. Some Hunters like playing Hunter right now and I don't think their opinions should be thrown out. It's just not for me at the moment. I do think it's quite telling that two of the bigger youtubers who mained Hunters switched off it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    I'd like to be a hunter again, something that hasn't existed since Cata wrecked everything
    Tell me what have you been missing in Cata that was there in LK, if you mention mana I'll just LuL.

Deleted
    I came back to Wow in Legion, a month before Nighthold was opening, maining a BM. I've enjoyed BM for the most parts. I think it doesn't really take that much to fix BM for good. The things that annoyed me most were:
    - Signature Skills like Stampede were not an option for EVERY playable build
    - One of the worst scaling with Ilevel and Weaponlevel leading to obligatory flat dmg buffs that did not really solve the problem

What would it take to solve this? Not much. Simply make Stampede base line again, as it should be for a BM and let our skills and pet damage scale with weapon damage and rework mastery to do something else, like for example, increase the chance for wild call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    I came back to Wow in Legion, a month before Nighthold was opening, maining a BM. I've enjoyed BM for the most parts. I think it doesn't really take that much to fix BM for good. The things that annoyed me most were:
    - Signature Skills like Stampede were not an option for EVERY playable build
    - One of the worst scaling with Ilevel and Weaponlevel leading to obligatory flat dmg buffs that did not really solve the problem

What would it take to solve this? Not much. Simply make Stampede base line again, as it should be for a BM and let our skills and pet damage scale with weapon damage and rework mastery to do something else, like for example, increase the chance for wild call.
    Hell, i don't even want stampede, just fix the scaling and we should be fine.

Blizzard needs to return every utility/niche/situational spell they removed from the hunters in the previous 3 expansions.

Every spec must have misdirect and camouflage, those are some of the most useful and fun tools to use in the outdoors.

Also hunters had AMAZING glyphs for outdoor content like "Misdirection has no cooldown when cast on your pet" which we need returned in one form or another.