Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    That's an oversimplification, but mostly true -- those who either willingly (or unwillingly, in some cases) left the Blood Elves were gone long before people realized they were being corrupted with fel energy.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Void Elves are just going to be blood elves with purple eyes, calling it now.
    Honestly at this point I almost want that. Just to drink in the tears of Alliance getting exactly what they asked for, but Horde getting a shiny new race in the Nightborne.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly at this point I almost want that. Just to drink in the tears of Alliance getting exactly what they asked for, but Horde getting a shiny new race in the Nightborne.
    Why would they be upset for getting "exactly what they asked for"?
    The reason the nightborne were so well developed is exactly because Blizzard knew doing any less would not be a fair bargain.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The reason the nightborne were so well developed is exactly because Blizzard knew doing any less would not be a fair bargain.
    Why are you talking as if anything has been confirmed? For all you know something might come out of left field.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Well, i came back to this thread expecting some nice debates and discussions and instead find most of it is actually 2 people waging a wall-of-text war.
    Pick this line and copy it to WordReference, you'll get "I didn't read shit" as translation from "Shitposting" to "English".

If blizzard wants to put in high elves, it's gonna happen. No amount of head canon is gonna stop that.
    Conversely, if Blizzard will show no concrete intention of adding them, no amount of shitty headcanon will make it happen. And oh boy, if the headcanon literally flies around when this topic arises.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Don't mind Mehrunes or any of the anti-High Elf people... some of them are just trying to trigger people and the other could have Chris Metzen tell them lore and they'd deny it. They want what they want, and if people crush in the boxes of the reality they've created for themselves they get very angry. High Elves and Ogres not being playable at some point would just feel wrong to people playing the franchise since its inception.
    Irony literally exploded here. If anything that's precisely what all the people you supposedly put into your ignore list (you read and quoted @Mehrunes's post, so the consistency of that claim is dubious enough) did and seemed to indeed make you quite bitter and spiteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    It's amazing how much people care about a race's colors so much more than their culture.
    That's because High Elves are so interesting and incredibly characteristic that colors matter more than a defined culture that do not literally exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    No tbh alot of people who are for the High elves are just being shat on by hateful people and cant be bothered arguing against someone who is stubborn thats why alot of us pipe down whats the point in arguing with someone who wont unbudge their stance because they purely hate high elves with a passion and would rather spit obsenities at people because they want to have a bestiality race which will most like not be as popular, look at pandaran, worgen and such they are not as popular as you would think, the beastiality wanters are a very abusive vocal minority and thats all I will say.
    So many "obscenities" thrown around indeed.

Look, I don't give a damn about people saying "Ya know, I like High Elves and if Blizzard would please my wish I would play one". Go for it. Whatever. But if some of these people go on and justify why this is likely to happen or makes sense or why it's something Blizzard would look "smart" by doing it then you'll inevitably be countered by all the people that share a diametrically opposite view on the matter. I don't care if people get later offended by their own inability to argue in favor of their own voiced points in favor of High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Alliance players in a nutshell

if its right and no evil, belongs to alliance
    Let alone the sentence automatically implies "Blood Elves felt wrong all along" which once again lead us to the blatant inability to get over a 10 years old decision of Blizzard's developers.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    And unpopular. People dont like ugly races, no point adding more to please vocal minority.

People want to play elves? Give them elves. It's really that simple. The point of adding anything to the game is to make it more fun, if most players want alliance pink skin elves, then just give it to them.
    Spectacular logic. Let's remove all races then and put different flavours of elf all around. They'll look all the same, effectively fucking variety in the ass? Who cares, a lot of people love to play while staring at a good-shaped pixeled butt. Let's do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Seriously, i'm doing nothing but antagonising you and you keep trying and trying to take the "intellectual" high road.
    I would agree that trying to argue and use reason with someone deliberately admitting the nature of his shitpost looks like a futile effort.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    You're so funny. Of course we'll get our high elves. And probably Alleria as their leaders since she still hates the Horde.
    Leader of what? High Elves are not a faction. All the name literally says is that generic Thalassian Elf is not called Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its a shit trade. no thanks

and what is this boner about pretty things, are you guys focking princess?
    I could give a serious answer but making fun of the matter is far more productive in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    That's an oversimplification, but mostly true -- those who either willingly (or unwillingly, in some cases) left the Blood Elves were gone long before people realized they were being corrupted with fel energy.
    If we want to make things less simplified, they left for a matter of pride. Feeding on living beings to sate their addiction must have felt "humiliating" for them, especially after thousands of years of simply being "blessed" by the Sunwell.

Mind you, that's a feeling most Thalassians clearly held deep within. Halduron even sympathizes with High Elves to a degree. The whole difference between Blood Elves and High Elves is the unwillingness of the second to lower themselves to compromises. High Elves proved to be unbending in their views and Lor'themar has been unbending in making sure his people did what he felt was necessary to ensure Quel'Thalas' survival. Such a clash of opposed views clearly led to the Regent Lord's decision of expelling High Elves out of the kingdom.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-10-28 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Thing is we're talking a 75% new race, that really only shares skin color and ears with Night Elves.

Versus "Purple-eyed Blood Elves that can turn all Purple."

Alliance are the clear losers, and I bet there's a MASSIVE outcry on non-RP servers if this is how things play out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I'm sort of hoping they get the permanent void form elves...with added tentacles and mutant claws ala Garrosh. It would at least put an end to this interminable debate.
    It would be even funnier if Blizzard officially called them High elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It would be even funnier if Blizzard officially called them High elves.
    That would be deliberate trolling and adding a whole ocean of salt into a gangrenous wound.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Why are you talking as if anything has been confirmed? For all you know something might come out of left field.
    I'm just not bothering to preface everything I write here with "if it's proven true".

But at this point I think it's very likely that this is going to happen.

As I said somewhere else:

Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but subraces were likely long before the datamined info came out last week.

It has been a strong topic since the character model update in WoD. Back then, Blizzard was flooded with requests for customization/subraces, and almost every Q&A had a question about them. In one official Q&A, the most upvoted question was about subraces.

I remember at least 2 interviews in which they not only talked about subraces, but named wildhammers, dark irons, brown orcs and high elves among them.

Back at WoD, they planned an achievement to unlock brown skins for orcs. THe icons still exist in the game files to this day.

But then, why didn't they implement subraces or customization in Legion? Remember that they plan at least two expansions ahead. They were already planning Legion when WoD was released.

After WoD, Legion came and they focused on updating combat animations, then cast animations (still Work in Progress, but probably finalized by 7.3.5), and they've been talking about "customization" for some time.

Early this year, they talked at least two times about "improved customization" and doing it in "an awesome way".

And, while this is not a fact, I suspected the nightborne were being introduced to seed a subrace for blood elves. 7.1 Insurrection campaign and 7.3 "Silgryn with the Horde" made me feel I was in the right track.

Then came the Lightforged Draenei, with unique customization.

And, finally, the 7.3 datamined subrace info.

There are strong signs that they are indeed going to reveal "Improved Customization" as a feature next week, with subraces being a part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Thing is we're talking a 75% new race, that really only shares skin color and ears with Night Elves.

Versus "Purple-eyed Blood Elves that can turn all Purple."

Alliance are the clear losers, and I bet there's a MASSIVE outcry on non-RP servers if this is how things play out.
    It doesn't matter what they do, give or offer, someone is always bound to be upset.

I don't think there are any losers in it, but to each its own.

Deleted
    Found something interesting in Silvermoon from BC. It's a speech to some citizens by two Blood Elves, Priest Ennas and Lyria Skystrider about joining the horde and their addiction.

Lyria Skystrider: My brothers and sisters. Listen to me. We must speak of the survival of our people. We have narrowly survived one calamity, but I fear the next shall destroy us.
    Lyria Skystrider: Can you not see what is happening? Open your eyes. It is laid bare for all to see. What is this new alliance? Why have we betrayed our allies of old, only to take up with the enemies of all that live?
    Vaeron Kormar: No, you're wrong! We were the ones betrayed!
    Terric Brightwind: When have the dwarves ever been our friends?
    Melaya Tassier: The humans abandoned us in our darkest hour! Their prince himself led the assault on our lands.
    Priest Ennas: You fool! The prince's minions were the very Forsaken we have now allied ourselves with, and now he has betrayed us!
    Vaeron Kormar: The Ranger-General of Silvermoon will be a loyal ally!
    Lyria Skystrider: You speak of her as friend? You are a fool. This "Dark Lady" is not Sylvanas.
    Vaeron Kormar: Blood will be true. We can trust in none but our own!
    Lyria Skystrider: Blood? And these orcs, these fair weather friends? They will aid us?
    Priest Ennas: A great blight lies across our land! It grows every day. Our need for magic weakens us, and will bring us to destruction, just as it has before!
    Terric Brightwind: How are we to live without magic?
    Melaya Tassier: Look at the wonders of this city! This is magic.
    Priest Ennas: But at what cost? You've all been blinded. We have all been blinded.
    Vaeron Kormar: You call us traitors?
    Lyria Skystrider: The magisters are the traitors! They have sealed our doom.
    Terric Brightwind: Idealistic blather. Go back to your forests!
    Melaya Tassier: You would have us live like the savages!
    Priest Ennas: No, not savagery! Conscience. The excesses of our people will destroy us, and all that we have struggled to build.
    Lyria Skystrider: We have not struggled so hard to survive, only to bring about the true destruction.
    Priest Ennas: We stand on the brink of destruction. We must reconsider this rash course of action.
    Lyria Skystrider: If we speak as one, we cannot be ignored!
    ** Silvermoon Magisters start to summon Priest Kath'mar through a portal **
    Priest Ennas: Lend us your voices! Now is the time we must act to save our people.
    Priest Ennas: Lor'themar must hear us! We will not be silenced!
    **[Priest Kath'mar] Mind Control / Mind Soothe [Lyria Skystrider] and [Priest Ennas] **
    Priest Kath'mar: That should take care of that. Summon me if you have further need of my services.
    Lyria Skystrider: We will pay back the Alliance for their betrayal a thousandfold. We will never forgive and never forget.
    // Nature lives at peace with magic. With both, there is no limit to our future.
    Priest Ennas: Our new allies will bring us back to our former glory. These bonds will be true, and we will not be betrayed again!
    I couldn't find anything more about Priest Kath'mar but this shows that even Blood Elves were hesitant about joining the Horde.
    It's a nice little event at the Bazaar at Silvermoon, go check it out.

Deleted
    Found something interesting in Silvermoon from BC. It's a speech to some citizens by two Blood Elves, Priest Ennas and Lyria Skystrider about joining the horde and their addiction.

Lyria Skystrider: My brothers and sisters. Listen to me. We must speak of the survival of our people. We have narrowly survived one calamity, but I fear the next shall destroy us.
    Lyria Skystrider: Can you not see what is happening? Open your eyes. It is laid bare for all to see. What is this new alliance? Why have we betrayed our allies of old, only to take up with the enemies of all that live?
    Vaeron Kormar: No, you're wrong! We were the ones betrayed!
    Terric Brightwind: When have the dwarves ever been our friends?
    Melaya Tassier: The humans abandoned us in our darkest hour! Their prince himself led the assault on our lands.
    Priest Ennas: You fool! The prince's minions were the very Forsaken we have now allied ourselves with, and now he has betrayed us!
    Vaeron Kormar: The Ranger-General of Silvermoon will be a loyal ally!
    Lyria Skystrider: You speak of her as friend? You are a fool. This "Dark Lady" is not Sylvanas.
    Vaeron Kormar: Blood will be true. We can trust in none but our own!
    Lyria Skystrider: Blood? And these orcs, these fair weather friends? They will aid us?
    Priest Ennas: A great blight lies across our land! It grows every day. Our need for magic weakens us, and will bring us to destruction, just as it has before!
    Terric Brightwind: How are we to live without magic?
    Melaya Tassier: Look at the wonders of this city! This is magic.
    Priest Ennas: But at what cost? You've all been blinded. We have all been blinded.
    Vaeron Kormar: You call us traitors?
    Lyria Skystrider: The magisters are the traitors! They have sealed our doom.
    Terric Brightwind: Idealistic blather. Go back to your forests!
    Melaya Tassier: You would have us live like the savages!
    Priest Ennas: No, not savagery! Conscience. The excesses of our people will destroy us, and all that we have struggled to build.
    Lyria Skystrider: We have not struggled so hard to survive, only to bring about the true destruction.
    Priest Ennas: We stand on the brink of destruction. We must reconsider this rash course of action.
    Lyria Skystrider: If we speak as one, we cannot be ignored!
    ** Silvermoon Magisters start to summon Priest Kath'mar through a portal **
    Priest Ennas: Lend us your voices! Now is the time we must act to save our people.
    Priest Ennas: Lor'themar must hear us! We will not be silenced!
    **[Priest Kath'mar] Mind Control / Mind Soothe [Lyria Skystrider] and [Priest Ennas] **
    Priest Kath'mar: That should take care of that. Summon me if you have further need of my services.
    Lyria Skystrider: We will pay back the Alliance for their betrayal a thousandfold. We will never forgive and never forget.
    // Nature lives at peace with magic. With both, there is no limit to our future.
    Priest Ennas: Our new allies will bring us back to our former glory. These bonds will be true, and we will not be betrayed again!
    I couldn't find anything more about Priest Kath'mar but this shows that even Blood Elves were hesitant about joining the horde.
    It's a nice little event at the Bazaar at Silvermoon, go check it out.

So... why do so many people have such a raging hate boner for High Elves? I mean, I'm pretty skeptical of this chrraces datamine indicating anything other than new NPCs, but some people here seem so dedicated to High Elf hate - really the op is the only thing goes over the top from the pro side, vs the anti side.

Arguing that a particular race is impossible seems to me like a position that's always set up for failure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    So... why do so many people have such a raging hate boner for High Elves? I mean, I'm pretty skeptical of this chrraces datamine indicating anything other than new NPCs, but some people here seem so dedicated to High Elf hate - really the op is the only thing goes over the top from the pro side, vs the anti side.

Arguing that a particular race is impossible seems to me like a position that's always set up for failure.
    It stems down to several reasons.

The first is that the people who want them most often make it quite clear that lore should play second fiddle to their desires, they can't handle the fact that blood elves went to the Horde and they never got over warcraft two where High elves used to as a kingdom be on the Alliance. They want the blood elf model and give two shits about how it would effect the Horde player base or how the lore would be changed..

The next biggest reason is the near white knighting of the High elves, treating them as pristine wounded angels who could do nothing wrong , pinning every single error on the high elves that now call themselves blood elves and how because they are white elves, they must be on the Alliance because they read Lord of the rings once.

In all reality, most of the Hatred from high elves comes from the beyond insane arguments people have tried to make in favor of them through out the years, high elves had had so little development in the game that hating them is hard, you have to read the books or blue posts to find alot of the insufferable things they do
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account

You cannot rationalize with these people. Don't even try. I'm not even pro-High Elf, however they treat me as such merely because I say it is possible. The vocal minority just want an echo chamber they can exist in that reflects their reality back onto them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot rationalize with these people. Don't even try. I'm not even pro-High Elf, however they treat me as such merely because I say it is possible. The vocal minority just want an echo chamber they can exist in that reflects their reality back onto them.
    Are you accusing others of echo chambers when you publicly brag about ignoring people who disagree with you or in my case, post a sourced fact that broke apart one of your claims?
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguing that a particular race is impossible to happen may hold a chance to fail. However, when it comes to High Elves, arguing there is a strong likelihood it'll never happen it means setting yourself up to quite an high success rate. Just starting with the fact that High Elves, without any particular twist or physical change, are literally already playable in-game in the form of their Horde-aligned green-eyed carbon copies makes ridiculous enough the entire idea of having them being treated as "new race" ever.

I'm not even pro-High Elf, however they treat me as such merely because I say it is possible.
    This is possibly the most pathetic and hilarious attempt of self-victimization I've seen in years.

The vocal minority just want an echo chamber they can exist in that reflects their reality back onto them.
    The only thing reflecting here is this very post back onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Arguing that a particular race is impossible to happen may hold a chance to fail. However, when it comes to High Elves, arguing there is a strong likelihood it'll never happen it means setting yourself up to quite an high success rate. Just starting with the fact that High Elves, without any particular twist or physical change, are literally already playable in-game in the form of their Horde-aligned green-eyed carbon copies makes ridiculous enough the entire idea of having them being treated as "new race" ever.
    This would be true if they weren't one of the more popular races on the Alliance, despite not even being a playable race, but they are -- which isn't to say I think this guarantees High Elves will be implemented, especially as physiological-clones of Blood Elves, but to write them off from a story perspective because an existing faction of the race is already available to players doesn't really sound like any less of a gamble.

Edit: My assertion being that the idea of playable High Elves is no more absurd than pre-MoP considerations for Dark Iron Dwarves joining the Horde. If it were to have been, and models were a point of contention, that would've been one of the easier issues to resolve.

A completely unique model is perhaps the easiest hurdle to overcome. Why this is always the primary point of contention is beyond me.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2017-10-28 at 11:48 PM.

Alliance getting some type of near Blood elves is enough to make me actually roll an alliance toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They could be high elves called 'void elves' for following Alleria; high elves following a void leader, hence void elves. Just like blood elves don't drink blood/have blood coming out of their skin or high elves not walking around with a joint in their hands, this name shouldn't be taken literally untill information about them is shown to the public. If players will truly be able to control a void race, then it is guaranteed that we are entering an era where each faction will be split among the lines of their allegiance(ie void or light).

We can only guess untill it is all shown publically.
    The reason they are called blood elves is in honor of their falling brothers and sisters during Arthas's Rampage in Silvermoon. It is not just a cool name went for. It has an actual meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    This would be true if they weren't one of the more popular races on the Alliance, despite not even being a playable race, but they are
    The point missed here is one: that "popular Alliance race" is no longer an Alliance race by more than a decade and they're playable on the Horde side. Sorry to simplify things but this remains the bread and butter of the matter. It should be considered as nothing but a closed chapter and is not like the Alliance didn't get new allies and new things to care about. The only thing I blame on Blizzard is how they kept the wound fresh by shoerning a character like Vereesa and her whole High Elf brigade in the story, selling this twisted perpection that playable Alliance High Elves are something Blizzard "owes" the fans rather than something said fans should (and would) have been able to get over it.

Edit: My assertion being that the idea of playable High Elves is no more absurd than pre-MoP considerations for Dark Iron Dwarves joining the Horde. If it were to have been, and models were a point of contention, that would've been one of the easier issues to resolve.
    And yet we never got Dark Iron Dwarves as "new" playable Horde race. That's what ultimately matters to me.

A completely unique model is perhaps the easiest hurdle to overcome. Why this is always the primary point of contention is beyond me.
    Because it's unprecedented. Never a faction (hell not even a faction, just a bunch of Thalassian Elves not calling themselves Blood Elves) was twisted all of a sudden into something physically different for mere gameplay reasons alone with absolutely zero reflection on the lore.