Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Playing other MMORPG's reminds me why WoW isn't fun

It's a fine enough game, but it used to be the greatest game. Revelation: Back in WoW's top-dog days, you played the game and did not raid and enjoyed it. A lot. Some of you didn't even make it to max level... and you enjoyed it. A LOT. I played all through Vanilla and hit level cap only 5 days before TBC came out... and still, I loved the game.

I dare you to go make a new character in WoW, get to about level 10 or so, and pull 2-4 packs. Don't kill the mobs, just stand there. How long does it take them to kill you? How long would it take you to kill them? Is leveling a "grind" or an adventure?

...exactly.

Now I dare you to try the same thing in ESO, Final Fantasy, GW2, etc. You'll die in about 10 seconds. Killing 2-4 packs at once requires serious concentration and optimal use of abilities... if you can do it at all. Much of the time you'll have to run away. You HAVE to think, build your character, and play him/her well or you die.

WoW is just... a shadow of what it was. The entire game is raiding and daily quests. 90% of it is now irrelevant and boring, especially if you have heirloom gear. Nothing in the game is threatening at all. I remember in Vanilla I would walk into a new area cautiously, scouting out the mobs. Oh - and by the way - praying that a Horde Orc Rogue wouldn't pop out and destroy me at the wrong moment. There was an invigorating sense of danger, risk, and interest.

TLDR: The game is too fking easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    It's a fine enough game, but it used to be the greatest game. Revelation: Back in WoW's top-dog days, you played the game and did not raid and enjoyed it. A lot. Some of you didn't even make it to max level... and you enjoyed it. A LOT. I played all through Vanilla and hit level cap only 5 days before TBC came out... and still, I loved the game.

I dare you to go make a new character in WoW, get to about level 10 or so, and pull 2-4 packs. Don't kill the mobs, just stand there. How long does it take them to kill you? How long would it take you to kill them? Is leveling a "grind" or an adventure?

...exactly.

Now I dare you to try the same thing in ESO, Final Fantasy, GW2, etc. You'll die in about 10 seconds. Killing 2-4 packs at once requires serious concentration and optimal use of abilities... if you can do it at all. Much of the time you'll have to run away. You HAVE to think, build your character, and play him/her well or you die.

WoW is just... a shadow of what it was. The entire game is raiding and daily quests. 90% of it is now irrelevant and boring, especially if you have heirloom gear. Nothing in the game is threatening at all. I remember in Vanilla I would walk into a new area cautiously, scouting out the mobs. Oh - and by the way - praying that a Horde Orc Rogue wouldn't pop out and destroy me at the wrong moment. There was an invigorating sense of danger, risk, and interest.

Ok ... GO have fun doing that then ...........

Inb4 someone tells you to kill the last boss of the most recent raid on mythic before you dare have an opinion regarding difficulty.

Playing other MMORPG's makes me wonder why they even exist considering what a massive pile of trash it is.

I just purchased GW2 both expansions together and been playing the last week waiting for Antorus.

Woop de woop "Dangerous mobs", i only AoE down 10 of them while pressing "V" once because they die to "Dots" or "Conditions" if you wanna call them, or wait, that the boosted Ranger i created 2 days ago "BUT RANGER IS META DOESNT COUNT, PLAY NON-META BUILD!!!":, my original character just gathers them together cause Chronomancer and then the sword attack which makes me 100% immune for 3.5 seconds pretty much finishes them off.

Oh wait, you meant Veteran mobs? Or Elites? Or champions that are 5man content?

Or the meta maps, cleave everything without caring events?

Or the "Run the dungeons cause mobs reset, yolo, pop block/invi/speed and run to bosses for 3 minute runs of everything?"

Get off your high horse, every game has something someone doesnt like.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-10-30 at 02:42 PM.

GW2... hard to kill packs of mobs? Did we play the same game?

Ooo, another not-so thinly veiled "gief vanilla wow plz" thread.

FF14 outer world mobs become nothing short of trivial once at max level with any semblance of decent gear. GW2 has some mobs/packs that can be rather annoying to deal with, but once you learn their attack patterns/animations, they're not so bad.

Oh boy. Another pointless targeting of pointless thread.

Next time try to create a post on Hillary Clinton supporters' forum stating that Hillary Clinton is retarded. -> Watch the reaction. -> Make conclusions.

Low level combat in FF14 is horrendous.

What makes you die a lot (well, you die only if you tend to facepull a lot and often) in FF14 are longass GCD on lower levels and lack of abilities that are necessary for smoother rotation, but the latter is fixed around lvl 30, however, the former keeps being a huge PITA for many more levels >_>

You basically have 1-2 buttons to press and between each click you have to wait for eternity T_T

WoW's low level combat is kinda shite too, but at least it's smooth.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-10-30 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between playing the AH, farming old content, gearing up 12 alts, raiding, mythic+ and world quests I've never had so much fun and so much content to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree that the game is too easy.

If they brought back actual death and taking damage after attacking one mob that required us to eat and drink between pulls, i think that would be for the better.

Also they really need to remove LFR, Flying, and LFD from the game. Those are the things that destroyed the community in the game.

I can only but agree.

From time to time i see someone telling to try a game he likes, the latest one being BDO and how it's superior to WoW in every way. So, i open Youtube and browse for a gameplay videos only to see how a player practically one shots 6-7 mobs at once.

That's all i ever need to know about the game to avoid it like a plague.

I disagree with OPs causation fallacy for why WoW isn't fun being because it's easy.. but I can agree WoW is way too easy.

I felt kind of sad this weekend when I went to go kill Brutallus on Broken Shore. 40 people just zone in out of nowhere, brutallus cant even bring the tank down below 90% hp, everyone whacks a mole, he drops loot, then everyone vanishes. Not a word typed into chat.

I get it's mostly addons behind this, but it's kind of sad to me when I reminisce about the Kazzak days. I hate knowing those days are gone but meh.

And the leveling is really bland.. I think WoW needs more adventure elements in it. Things like the terrain being deadly, spike pits and traps and lava that actually kills you. Enemy NPCs that don't just pace back and forth waiting for you to kill them. They actually see you, sound an alarm and summon pats and adds. The whole game doesn't have to be this way, but world group content that requires coordination and skill would be welcoming.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-10-30 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, see ya then.

I don't raid (except for maybe once on normal) and still love the game. I also enjoy leveling.

Every game gets boring eventually. If MMORPG's spark your interest you'll easily get attached to another.

Wow gameplay mechanics aside, I thoroughly enjoy WoW. But by the end of the Raid Tier I just get burned out. Same thing over and over, progress, clear, and farm the crap out of the previous raid only to do it again with the next raid with no other raid to look forward to.

Once the next expansion comes I have a blast for the first 2-3 raid tiers and then I usually end up taking a break until the next expansion. Have no real drive to do a end expansion raid seriously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Play what you wanna play mate. But i'm gonna play WoW and have fun. Those other games don't appeal to me and probably doesn't appeal to everyone either.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted

...exactly.

yup, pretty much true. pretty much this https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...d-with-him.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

...exactly.

its kinda pointless to right this even tho, cuz people wont agree :P tho i agree with u

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

I get it's mostly addons behind this, but it's kind of sad to me when I reminisce about the Kazzak days. I hate knowing those days are gone but meh.
    Ah the guild race to go there and tag the boss...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

...exactly.

Fun fact: Not everyone in Vanilla played on a fucking PvP server.

Also, nice blog.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Ooo, another not-so thinly veiled "gief vanilla wow plz" thread..
    Well judging by the OP's post it sounded like he wants Vanilla back because he barely hit the level cap before the next expansion launched, lolz.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling in WoW was never hard if you had an IQ higher than Lukewarm water.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

You're talking about leveling content, though, not endgame.

This is obvious when you talk about "raiding and daily quests" as being the entire game, when daily quests aren't even a thing any more, and M+ is a huge deal.

Yes, heirloom gear trivializes everything up to L100, but not past it (well, unless you have the 100-110 heirlooms, sadly, no idea why they put those in before 8.0).

WoW has had this particular problem with leveling content since Cataclysm. So noticing it just now? Errrr...

But go on, try and pull 2-4 packs and mindlessly AoE them down in non-heirlooms at, say, L102. You're not going to manage it. You might be able to kill them, but it'll require every bit as much effort as ESO or GW2 (I can't speak to FFXIV).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Leveling in WoW was never hard if you had an IQ higher than Lukewarm water.
    Depends on how you define "hard".

Pre-Cataclysm, pre-Heirlooms, when there still elite quests in the world and so on, you actually had to play your character whilst leveling. Was it hugely demanding and stuff? No, maybe not, but you had to actually play your character, just like in GW2/ESO/etc.

Post-Cata, post-Heirlooms, you just 1-2 shot everything all the time and there basically aren't even any world elites (with very few exceptions). You don't have to play your character all, and doing so does not help. You just roll that face.

And you say "WELL ITS WASNT HARD!!!!" but there's a huge gap between "not hard" and "total faceroll". Like a giant gap, a gap filled with gameplay.

So WoW could really stand to get some of that back.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-30 at 04:02 PM.