Deleted

Pvp timewalking events

They should really implement these. Ashran, Tol Barad and Wintergrasp should replace the arena skirmish event in rotation. These pvp timewalking events should reward normal raid level loot (pvp version of it) just like those regular timewalking dungeon events do. In addition they would reward those marks of honor and bonus honor as well combined with proper amount of artifact power.

Right now, the pvp events are abysmal. The battleground event is good since bg's reward extra honor for the duration, but the finishing quest is pointless. The Arena skirmish event is utterly pointless for everyone as even with added bonus honor, the skirmishes are useless for prestige. The event quest only rewards 1000 honor (which is one honor level) and you don't miss anything if you miss that. There's no gear and the ap is not important either so there's no reason whatsoever to even participate in this event.

Those pvp timewalking events with real adde bonus and gear would make people actually participate in them.

Edit: alternatively they could replace the arena skirmish event with RATED ARENA event with a piece of gear as reward. Skirmishes are really such niche and having an event around them is just... well I can't think of a reason for this event to excist over rated arena event.
    Last edited by mmocfb2225cee0; 2017-10-31 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Edit: alternatively they could replace the arena skirmish event with RATED ARENA event with a piece of gear as reward. Skirmishes are really such niche and having an event around them is just... well I can't think of a reason for this event to excist over rated arena event.
    First of all, no. Skirmish Arena event is great as it is, it permits people that don't play for rating to be able to try it out with a little benefit. All events aren't meant to tailor for the higher seated people, though the skirmish could award a PvP armor piece, could be useful for all.

Wouldn't mind to see actual Timewalking PvP events, have people go to Grizzle Hills, have people go to Zangarmarsh, have people venture out to old PvP locations, just like Hellfire Peninsula.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    pvp is dead, so as my sex life

Do you actually want proper participation in those events ?
    Then don't draw people in simply because of a reward.
    That creates entirely the wrong environment.

Look at PvP towers in Legion, where there is next to no desire to actually attack the opposing faction at theirs because you aren't rewarded for it.
    Most of the PvP world quests have players simply moving past each other because the reward is quicker without actual PvP.
    The most active in PvP by a long way is Black Rook Rumble, because of the lack of progress when too many players are present.
    It is artificial, out of necessity to progress it. Not because it was wanted.

PvP used to happen because it was fun, now players whine when they don't get something from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post

Look at PvP towers in Legion, where there is next to no desire to actually attack the opposing faction at theirs because you aren't rewarded for it.
    Most of the PvP world quests have players simply moving past each other because the reward is quicker without actual PvP.
    The most active in PvP by a long way is Black Rook Rumble, because of the lack of progress when too many players are present.

PvP used to happen because it was fun, now players whine when they don't get something from it.
    Why would you PvP if there is no reward... I always get annoyed when someone attacks me while doing a PvP world quest. As you say it is easier if you leave each other alone and we are there for the WQ reward anyway and move on, not to actually PvP.

Deleted

Uh... would people participate in timewalking or legion dungeon events if the reward was just as much ap as you get from an emissary cache and 3 curious coins? Maybe an invisibility potion in addition?

The whole point of this suggestion is to increase pvp participation.

That's so wrong on so many levels.

Almost everything you do in this game is to get a reward. Are you saying you do world quests just because? You grind reputations just because? You raid just because (well, some people might, but you still get rewarded for it.)

Like it or not the entire game is based on getting rewarded for your actions. People WILL NOT do something if they don't get some reward for it. Even if it's a tiny one.

And a side note,

The hate on this forum for PvP is getting really stupid. Besides trying to fix an aspect of the game that like or not, is the reason why a lot of people play WoW, people instead shut it down thread after thread, instead of actually advocating for its issues to be fixed.

It's not constructive at all.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2017-10-31 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    Why would you PvP if there is no reward... I always get annoyed when someone attacks me while doing a PvP world quest. As you say it is easier if you leave each other alone and we are there for the WQ reward anyway and move on, not to actually PvP.
    For fun, what people used to do before they chose otherwise.

Uh... would people participate in timewalking or legion dungeon events if the reward was just as much ap as you get from an emissary cache and 3 curious coins? Maybe an invisibility potion in addition?

The whole point of this suggestion is to increase pvp participation.
    I am not you, and I have different motivations.
    PvP participation was higher than it is now without rewards.
    If you think it is going to be fixed by rewards, then that shows exactly the problem I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    That's so wrong on so many levels.

Almost everything you do in this game is to get a reward. Are you saying you do world quests just because? You grind reputations just because? You raid just because (well, some people might, but you still get rewarded for it.)

Like it or not the entire game is based on getting rewarded for your actions. People WILL NOT do something if they don't get some reward for it. Even if it's a tiny one.

And a side note,

The hate on this forum for PvP is getting really stupid. Besides trying to fix an aspect of the game that like or not, is the reason why a lot of people play WoW, people instead shut it down thread after thread, instead of actually advocating for its issues to be fixed.

It's not constructive at all.
    It is not wrong, you just don't like what that actually means.

The community used to care less about themselves, helping in a game where doing anything was far less convenient than it is now.
    Now helping someone is easier than it has ever been, but they are just unwilling.

The problem is players only.

There is no reason why the game is to blame when doing things are easier, but you find more reason not to.
    That is you only, nothing else.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

If you think it is going to be fixed by rewards, then that shows exactly the problem I was talking about.

The community used to care less about themselves, helping in a game where doing anything was far less convenient than it is now.
    Now helping someone is easier than it has ever been, but they are just unwilling.

There is no reason why the game is to blame when doing things are easier, but you find more reason not to.
    I have to downright admit that I don't understand what any of this have got to do with the topic at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    pvp is dead, so as my sex life
    Ya, but it doesn't have to be like that.

Blizzard is doing a HORRID job with PvP OK, they really are.

And again, it very much DOES NOT have to be like this.

The balance is basically.......a total lack of balance.

Unfair game much???

Handouts much???

HOW ABSURD!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-31 at 06:40 PM.
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Tol Barad and WG as time walking BG's. Ashran is still to new however.

Could also bring back Halaa in some form.

Why are you speaking so cryptically?

What you are saying is it's the playerbases fault, and therefore blizzard should do nothing about it.

Lol K never make a game please

Quote Originally Posted by computernerd View Post
    for fun, what people used to do before they chose otherwise.

I am not you, and i have different motivations.
    Pvp participation was higher than it is now without rewards.
    If you think it is going to be fixed by rewards, then that shows exactly the problem i was talking about.

How extremely absurd lol!!!

So it's the players' fault, even though Blizzard has 100% control over development???

Where the hell is Spock when you need his ass???

Not logical much there???

Blizzard, perhaps take responsibility for what YOU did???

The game is a piece of shit for PvP, if you like it or not OK!!!

And you made it that way!!!

You really did YO!!!

Perhaps try having skill matter there???

*Rolls eyes*

Absurd I tell ya!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-10-31 at 06:54 PM.

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

I have to downright admit that I don't understand what any of this have got to do with the topic at hand.
    The entire point is that PvP participation was fine without a reward, until too many players saw the "worth" of content to be how much it rewarded.
    Fun and the willingness to do something without motivation, without reward was more common when the game was harsher, when it was actually harder for us to do that.
    The intent of the OP was to promote PvP participation, and I am explaining why adding rewards isn't achieving what they think it will.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    How extremely absurd lol!!!

So it's the players' fault, even though Blizzard has 100% control over development???

Where the hell is Spock when you need his ass???

Blizzard, perhaps take responsibility for what YOU did???

The game is a piece of shit for PvP, if you like it or not OK!!!

And you made it that way!!!

You really did YO!!!

Perhaps try having skill matter there???

*Rolls eyes*

Absurd I tell ya!!!
    It is the players fault when they choose reward above all else and blame blizzard for that.
    Easier than ever, but less willing than ever.
    Simple fact that is nobody's fault but the players.

The entire point is that PvP participation was fine without a reward, until too many players saw the "worth" of content to be how much it rewarded.
    Fun and the willingness to do something without motivation, without reward was more common when the game was harsher, when it was actually harder for us to do that.
    The intent of the OP was to promote PvP participation, and I am explaining why adding rewards isn't achieving what they think it will.

It is the players fault when they choose reward above all else and blame blizzard for that.
    Easier than ever, but less willing than ever.
    Simple fact that is nobody's fault but the players.
    WRONG!!!

It is Blizzard's fault overall, since they are the ones who have FULL CONTROL OVER DEVELOPMENT!!!

What you are saying is basically the same as a parent trying to blame their kid for the parent ALLOWING them to do what they asked, even though it was a bad idea.

It is no different OK, and Blizzard has the AUTHORITY and RESPONSIBILITY, since THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF DEVELOPMENT!!!

Anything else I can set you straight on there???

I am SICK AND TIRED of people (especially Blizzard) making excuses for why the game is so messed up, and then on top of that trying to blame the players for all of it.

Who was it again that had the power to either mess up the game or not???

Blizzard much???

I am sure it's all the players' fault though......since they had ZERO power when it comes to game development!!!

Just saying YO.....

Edit:

You are explaining lol???

NO OK!!!

I EXPLAIN TO YOU!!!

AND THE REASON IT'S LIKE THAT, IS SINCE I KNOW FAR BETTER!!!

THE GAME HAS BEEN GREATLY "DUMBED DOWN" YO!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME OK!!!

I AM AT MY WITS END TRYING TO GET THIS POINT ACROSS TO PEOPLE, WHO QUITE FRANKLY, AREN'T GETTING IT AT ALL!!!

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT THE WHOLE TIME OK, I REALLY WAS THERE!!!

THE ARENA IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHER ASPECTS OF WOW PVP???

NO MUCH??

IT'S ACTUALLY FAR LESS IMPORTANT THAN BGs, IRONICALLY LOL???

I KNEW THE WHOLE TIME YO!!!

I TOLD Y'ALL THIS BACK IN THE DAY, AND WAS HARASSED TO LEVELS THAT QUITE FRANKLY WERE EXTREMELY DISGUSTING FOR IT!!!

JUST IMAGINE WHAT ELSE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT, THAT Y'ALL STILL CAN'T SEE!!!

WAKE THE HELL UP YO!!!
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-11-01 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    WRONG!!!

It is Blizzard's fault overall, since they are the ones who have FULL CONTROL OVER DEVELOPMENT!!!

What you are saying is basically the same as a parent trying to blame their kid for the parent ALLOWING them to do what they asked, even though it was a bad idea.

It is no different OK, and Blizzard has the AUTHORITY and RESPONSIBILITY, since THEY ARE IN CHARGE OF DEVELOPMENT!!!

Anything else I can set you straight on there???

I am SICK AND TIRED of people (especially Blizzard) making excuses for why the game is so messed up, and then on top of that trying to blame the players for all of it.

Who was it again that had the power to either mess up the game or not???

Blizzard much???

I am sure it's all the players' fault though......since they had ZERO power when it comes to game development!!!

Just saying YO.....

Edit:

You are explaining lol???

NO OK!!!

I EXPLAIN TO YOU!!!

AND THE REASON IT'S LIKE THAT, IS SINCE I KNOW FAR BETTER!!!

THE GAME HAS BEEN GREATLY "DUMBED DOWN" YO!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR THE GAME OK!!!

I AM AT MY WITS END TRYING TO GET THIS POINT ACROSS TO PEOPLE, WHO QUITE FRANKLY, AREN'T GETTING IT AT ALL!!!

I WAS RIGHT ABOUT PRETTY MUCH ALL OF IT THE WHOLE TIME OK, I REALLY WAS THERE!!!

THE ARENA IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OTHER ASPECTS OF WOW PVP???

NO MUCH??

IT'S ACTUALLY FAR LESS IMPORTANT THAN BGs, IRONICALLY LOL???

I KNEW THE WHOLE TIME YO!!!

I TOLD Y'ALL THIS BACK IN THE DAY, AND WAS HARASSED TO LEVELS THAT QUITE FRANKLY WERE EXTREMELY DISGUSTING FOR IT!!!

JUST IMAGINE WHAT ELSE I WAS RIGHT ABOUT, THAT Y'ALL STILL CAN'T SEE!!!

WAKE THE HELL UP YO!!!
    Nobody can provide a gameplay reason why the game forces that change in behaviour.
    Yelling at me does not change that.
    Easier now than ever to help people, but we find excuses not to.

The game does not force us to be less social, or less helpful.
    We choose it.

And that is why you object to that being pointed out, because you don't like the way you turned out.
    Easier to blame blizzard than taking a look in the mirror, because you don't like what you see reflected in it.
    The community destroyed itself, by choice.

If you can't look at someone beyond what they can do for you, then that is you only.
    Not the game.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-01 at 03:22 AM.

Nobody can provide a gameplay reason why the game forces that change in behaviour.
    Yelling at me does not change that.
    Easier now than ever to help people, but we find excuses not to.

The game does not force us to be less social, or less helpful.
    We choose it.

And that is why you object to that being pointed out, because you don't like the way you turned out.
    Easier to blame blizzard than taking a look in the mirror, because you don't like what you see reflected in it.
    The community destroyed itself, by choice.

If you can't look at someone beyond what they can do for you, then that is you only.
    Not the game.
    NOBODY CAN PROVIDE A GAMEPLAY REASON???

HOW ABSURD LOL!!!

YOU DIDN'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE GAME WAS DUMBED DOWN YO!!!

THAT IS PRETTY MUCH THE ENTIRE PROBLEM, BUT YOU SEEM TO NOT EVEN WANT TO ADMIT WHAT HAPPENED IN REALITY!!!

I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT YELLING AT PEOPLE HERE WILL HELP, SINCE THEY DIDN'T GET IT THE SEEMINGLY COUNTLESS TIMES THAT I DIDN'T YELL BEFORE!!!

IT'S LIKE THAT OK!!!

FACE REALITY!!!

THE BIG PROBLEM WITH THE GAME, IS THAT BLIZZ DUMBED IT DOWN!!!

BLIZZARD DID, SINCE THEY HAD FULL CONTROL OF THE GAME!!!

WHAT THE PLAYERS WANT ISN'T THE PROBLEM, SINCE THEY HAVE NO POWER!!!

AM I GETTING THROUGH TO YOU AT ALL LOL???

I can only hope YO....
    Last edited by MagusHenosis; 2017-11-01 at 09:51 PM.