Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Manafort faces 15 years, Gates 12, and Mueller calls them both "serious" flight risks.

Mueller is also an expert in the exceptions to lawyer-client privilege, and has used the "crime-fraud" exception to interrogate their mutual lawyer, and in so doing, caught the pair in a lie about what they did with the Ukrainian government.

For added fun, Manafort at some point hit substantial financial...changes. In Feb 2016, he claimed he was worth $30 million, next month, $3 million. Also he started visiting South America a lot and started using a new cell phone and email alias in that same time frame. So either he lost all his money, or hid it.

So, yeah. Flight risk.
    So like I guessed, sharing council and conflict of interest. This speaks to one of them contemplating taking a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I'm sure that Mueller is actually a chaos space marine, who pledged his loyalty to Tzeench

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    The right was all over Michelle during Obama's terms, where were you?

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...all-the/148869

Hannity bitching about her "designer clothes"

http://www.dailywire.com/news/4386/m...prestigiacomo#

Another person bitching about her clothes

This is just on the first page of google searching "people bitching about Michelle's clothes". It was there, you just don't remember I guess.
    Ben Shapiro is a sharp, bright individual with such an incisive mind, it's a shame he needs to run fluff pieces on his site that really serve no meaningful purpose. I've complained in email before. There is so much substance he has to offer with his platform, but he dilutes it by serving up stories that are the right-wing version of "Melania's heels".

It's just a shame. I have to assume he's tied to the same post that all media companies are: Have some stories that are designed to bring in clicks so you can pay for the platform to talk about things that really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I told you months ago that this was a centipede and shoes would drop and I guarantee you more shoes will drop...I guarantee you this scandal is not over."

-- John McCain

At least I think so, Manafort used a fake name when travelling in South America, so it could technically be him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not to mention allowing slavery in the first place about a century earlier during the formation of the US, when it was already controversial.
    I am more pointing that his idea of needing a compromise, is completely backwards to reality. The thing that pretty much triggered the war, due to the resulting SCOTUS decision, was explicitly due to the Missouri Compromise.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Manafort faces 15 years, Gates 12, and Mueller calls them both "serious" flight risks.

Mueller is also an expert in the exceptions to lawyer-client privilege, and has used the "crime-fraud" exception to interrogate their mutual lawyer, and in so doing, caught the pair in a lie about what they did with the Ukrainian government.

For added fun, Manafort at some point hit substantial financial...changes. In Feb 2016, he claimed he was worth $30 million, next month, $3 million. Also he started visiting South America a lot and started using a new cell phone and email alias in that same time frame. So either he lost all his money, or hid it.

So, yeah. Flight risk.
    I mean, the "Mueller is going after Clinton through Manafort's connection to Podesta!" line was already obvious bullshit, but as we find out more it just pours concrete around the fact that Mueller has his crosshairs on Trump, and will be making his way up the ladder over the next several months.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I mean, the "Mueller is going after Clinton through Manafort's connection to Podesta!" line was already obvious bullshit, but as we find out more it just pours concrete around the fact that Mueller has his crosshairs on Trump, and will be making his way up the ladder over the next several months.
    I'm no so sure just yet.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...luded-n2402529

There are a lot of events still to unfold, and we can't ignore the possibility of the Manafort-Podesta link coming back in some way to bite Hillary, or people connected to Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I'm no so sure just yet.

There are a lot of events still to unfold, and we can't ignore the possibility of the Manafort-Podesta link coming back in some way to bite Hillary, or people connected to Hillary.
    Who cares.

Seriously. She's not the president. She's not the SoS. She's not anything anymore. If she's actually found guilty of anything thrown at her, sure, lock her up. But this weird obsession to try and pretend Trump is an angel and GoP did nothing wrong because HILLARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is fucking weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Who cares.

Seriously. She's not the president. She's not the SoS. She's not anything anymore. If she's actually found guilty of anything thrown at her, sure, lock her up. But this weird obsession to try and pretend Trump is an angel and GoP did nothing wrong because HILLARYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is fucking weird.
    Pmuch. The lady isn’t in the public eye anymore, minus a few tweets here and there, but 9 months later and still people bring her up like she’s relevant to what’s going on in the Trump administration. Hell, Number 45 cannot go more than a day or two without bringing her up in some way. Move on. Dems did.

Who cares.

Well I'm not doing that, I can tell you that. I just wanted to point out to the smirkworthy-named Butter Emails that we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of a Clinton tie in all this, which was what he or she was suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    The lady isn’t in the public eye anymore, minus a few tweets here and there
    Like, I don't really care, but this just has to be pointed out. She's still doing media spots and book signings, and is very much still in the public eye. Again, like I said, not really too concerned, but it needs to be pointed out that this is not true. Just a month ago she was on Stephen Colbert, and later attacking Trump on MSNBC with Chris Hayes. There's a meme circulating within the right that she just won't go away.

And if we're talking about criminal investigations targeting people connected with Hillary, she absolutely should stay in the spotlight.

Well I'm not doing that, I can tell you that. I just wanted to point out to the smirkworthy-named Butter Emails that we shouldn't be so quick to dismiss the possibility of a Clinton tie in all this, which was what he or she was suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, I don't really care, but this just has to be pointed out. She's still doing media spots and book signings, and is very much still in the public eye. Again, like I said, not really too concerned, but it needs to be pointed out that this is not true. Just a month ago she was on Stephen Colbert, and later attacking Trump on MSNBC with Chris Hayes.
    Sure, and if you really did care about prosecuting Hillary's crimes you wouldn't have waited until now to start caring about them. The sad thing is, it's not like Trumpkins couldn't see this coming, they knew Mueller was doing a thorough investigation and they had plenty of time to start deflecting before he started actually filing charges.

I'm no so sure just yet.

Stop.
    like seriously, stop with this deflecting. it's beyond sad at this moment, and it's starting to be highly irritating. Nothing will come out of the Podesta-Clinton thing, because, for starters, The podesta in this case is the brother of the other Podesta.
    And even in the extraordinary case that Clinton gets some dirt, so be it, she's irrelevant. But get this through your f*cking skull: This does not excuse in any fucking way on what Trumpy did
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Sure, and if you really did care about prosecuting Hillary's crimes you wouldn't have waited until now to start caring about them. The sad thing is, it's not like Trumpkins couldn't see this coming, they knew Mueller was doing a thorough investigation and they had plenty of time to start deflecting before he started actually filing charges.
    I don't know what to make of this post. I've cared about justice from the beginning. No matter where it leads.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Stop.
    like seriously, stop with this deflecting. it's beyond sad at this moment, and it's starting to be highly irritating. Nothing will come out of the Podesta-Clinton thing, because, for starters, The podesta in this case is the brother of the other Podesta.
    And even in the extraordinary case that Clinton gets some dirt, so be it, she's irrelevant. But get this through your f*cking skull: This does not excuse in any fucking way on what Trumpy did
    You might have me mixed up with someone else. I said many months ago that if substantive evidence emerges that Trump colluded with Russia to influence the election, that's a deal-breaker.

That doesn't preclude me from pointing out that people connected to Hillary shouldn't be considered safe, as Butter Emails suggested.

Edit: Here's what I said 7 months ago, in a thread about Manafort money-laundering allegations:

Anyway, this is a long-winded way of saying Trump deserves a chance to succeed, but not if he's found to have colluded with Russia to fix the election. That's a betrayal, that's a catastrophic failing. A deal-breaker for anyone who truly believes in our Democratic process.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-11-01 at 05:23 AM.

I don't know what to make of this post. I've cared about justice from the beginning. No matter where it leads.
    Even if this were true, because you get all your information from right wing media, you wouldn't have known that this uranium one stuff was something you should care about until recently, even though it's an old story. That's the problem with deliberately timed deflection - it's usually too obvious.

Even if this were true, because you get all your information from right wing media, you wouldn't have known that this uranium one stuff was something you should care about until recently, even though it's an old story. That's the problem with deliberately timed deflection - it's usually too obvious.
    I actually read stories from multiple slants. Not just to see what the left is thinking, but to get a balanced view that may be downplayed or, worse, not mentioned at all in right-wing outlets. I'd encourage everyone to do the same.

Uranium One really exploded onto the news scene sometime around October 17, two weeks ago. Were there reports of it prior to then? Because I have to admit, yes, that's when I was made aware of it.
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-11-01 at 05:42 AM.

I actually read stories from multiple slants. Not just to see what the left is thinking, but to get a balanced view that may be downplayed or, worse, not mentioned at all in right-wing outlets. I'd encourage everyone to do the same.

Uranium One really exploded onto the news scene sometime around October 17, two weeks ago. Were there reports of it prior to then? Because I have to admit, yes, that's when I was made aware of it.
    The actual deal happened in 2010, and you would think that, if it were really such a grave concern as conservatives are trying to portray it as, somebody would've picked up on the story in the intervening 7 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares.

It's unbelievable.

It's as if they think that if Hillary is guilty of X, Trump is therefore innocent.

No. That's not how this works. That's not how it works on playgrounds at school either. If you get in trouble and pout to the teacher and say "Hillary did it too!" then the teacher's still going to take your recess away.

Whataboutism is kindergarten level logic and it's Trump's go-to tool for self defense. We have a kindergartener for a President.

Putin khuliyo

The actual deal happened in 2010, and you would think that, if it were really such a grave concern as conservatives are trying to portray it as, somebody would've picked up on the story in the intervening 7 years.
    As far as I know, The Hill broke the story two weeks ago. There are earlier reports of allegations by Peter Schweizer in one of his books published in 2015, but that seems to be the earliest reporting on it that I can find.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It's unbelievable.

It's as if they think that if Hillary is guilty of X, Trump is therefore innocent.

No. That's not how this works. That's not how it works on playgrounds at school either. If you get in trouble and pout to the teacher and say "Hillary did it too!" then the teacher's still going to take your recess away.

Whataboutism is kindergarten level logic and it's Trump's go-to tool for self defense. We have a kindergartener for a President.

It's almost as if you're responding to a caricature of who you think Vanyali is responding to.

As far as I know, The Hill broke the story two weeks ago. There are earlier reports of allegations by Peter Schweizer in one of his books published in 2015, but that seems to be the earliest reporting on it that I can find.
    It was a big deal in the election as well; was brought up multiple times that it was proof of pay to play. now it's proof that she's "with the russians".

It was a big deal in the election as well; was brought up multiple times that it was proof of pay to play. now it's proof that she's "with the russians".
    I think it burst onto the scene specifically because of the investigation that was opened up about it. I have to be honest, there was a maelstrom of news surrounding the 2016 election, and this one slipped past my radar.