Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want to see more things regarding Lordaeron. I want Kul Tiras to finally be introduced into the game and a continuation of whatever Stromgarde story there is to be picked up on. Sons of Lothar are another thing I'd like to see get some attention.

I'd also like to see more of Rexxar, Rokhan and some more of that proper Horde squad. Ogres and trolls need to have their roles in the Horde expanded.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I want to see outbreak of mana diabetes that will bench all the elves for entire expansion if not more. And for a love of god, no lady liadrin. Can she get vol'jin'd in intro or something ? Hopefully in a way that prevents any form of ressurection.

What do i want to see ? Hmm...

First and foremost - a big cameo from mudmug and uncle gao. Im not asking for much, just one zone (and maybe dungeon or raid) dedicated to them. Those two really deserve more spotlight and i think that after two expansions we deserve some "seconds" or should i say another "shot" of wisdom of pandaria.
    I want Patches the (butt) Pirate to be made canon character, especially since Legion is disbanding. He and his crew of small time bukkakeneers should be a world boss or something.
    I want jaina to become corrupted and grow into this muscular hulk like gul'dan did. But with more muscles. Like dire troll level of muscles.
    I want dudebrul as new follower, in whichever system we will get.
    I want tauren to do something, anything.
    Oh and i want new enemy to not be complete failure. Do something you lazy bums.

Also, fuck elves once again, seriously im tired of them. Hopefully alleria and turaylon will die in the intro as well.
    The bolded, so much of that. Gao could be the boss of the dungeon and Mudmug the boss of the raid, both bosses have no lock out for any difficulty in order to allow players the satisfaction of repeatedly murdering them.

Oh, and more Wolpertinger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The bolded, so much of that. Gao could be the boss of the dungeon and Mudmug the boss of the raid, both bosses have no lock out for any difficulty in order to allow players the satisfaction of repeatedly murdering them.

Oh, and more Wolpertinger.
    Murder them ? I think you are mistaken friend. You can't handle their strongest brews. Their strongest brew would put you in your grave.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Murder them ? I think you are mistaken friend. You can't handle their strongest brews. Their strongest brew would put you in your grave.
    I've had two graves since this whole thing started going down; I'm cool with a third. At least this one might have some booze in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I want to see more things regarding Lordaeron. I want Kul Tiras to finally be introduced into the game and a continuation of whatever Stromgarde story there is to be picked up on. Sons of Lothar are another thing I'd like to see get some attention.

I'd also like to see more of Rexxar, Rokhan and some more of that proper Horde squad. Ogres and trolls need to have their roles in the Horde expanded.
    Definitely think leaving ogres and trolls out of a maritime expansion would be a big sin as both jungle/Zandalari and ogres are big seafarers.

If we're talking pandaren, I would really like to see Chen have more involvement with helping the Horde. Blizz can still keep him neutral, but he should definitely have allegiances to certain members of the Horde (.i.e. Rexxar, Rokhan, Baine).

I really, really want something creepy with the old gods, big caves and lots of underground exploration with big, old creatures. You know, ancient, unspeakable horrors who live in the depths of the world and got disturbed by us/Sargeras attack. Add a few tentacles + bit of an egypt theme and it would be perfect.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want:
    Pirates
    Sea-life
    Adventure
    Smaller scale stories
    Azshara
    Trolls

Deleted
    My speculation on how things will go down:

We'll find out where Jaina has been the whole time during Legion: she's gone back to Kul'Tiras to renew ties with her brother Tandred. He and Jaina will lead a Kul Tiras fleet and army to conquer Gilneas and Lordaeron. She'll be joined by Greymane, who still longs to see Sylvanas dead - permanently - and Anduin will be in no position to keep the tenuous peace and will be forced to throw the rest of the Alliance in a renewed conflict with the Horde. Moira further strengtens the bonds between the Ironforge, Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarves. The Draenei are joined by some of their Lightforged brethren. Alleria joins Vereesa to lead the High Elves, and begins to teach some of them the ways of the void.

The Horde reels from this sudden invasion, and in the absence of a way to revive / create more Forsaken, Sylvanas needs new allies to hold back the tide. With the help of Lady Liadrin, the Nightborn of Suramar are brought into the fold. Baine reaches out to the Highmountain Tauren as well as the Taunka. A new leader (or Rokhan perhaps?) rises up the lead the Darkspear, and leads a diplomatic mission to Zandalar, to entreat the aid of King Rastakhan. Varok Saurfang rallies the various orc clans, and also brings in Mag'har reinforcements from Outland.

As the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance returns to a state of total war, both factions are blinded to an old threat resurging. Azeroth's wound by Sargeras' sword in Silithus has finally awakened N'zoth from his slumber, and his Faceless Ones and Naga minions work to undo the last of his shackles. Azeroth's world soul bleeds, and the energy released is so great it's disrupting the timestreams. Nozdormu has once again disappeared, and it's up to Chromie to try and salvage the situation, lest the Black Empire, when the Old Gods were at the height of there power, bleeds across time into the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    My speculation on how things will go down:

We'll find out where Jaina has been the whole time during Legion: she's gone back to Kul'Tiras to renew ties with her brother Tandred. He and Jaina will lead a Kul Tiras fleet and army to conquer Gilneas and Lordaeron. She'll be joined by Greymane, who still longs to see Sylvanas dead - permanently - and Anduin will be in no position to keep the tenuous peace and will be forced to throw the rest of the Alliance in a renewed conflict with the Horde. Moira further strengtens the bonds between the Ironforge, Dark Iron and Wildhammer dwarves. The Draenei are joined by some of their Lightforged brethren. Alleria joins Vereesa to lead the High Elves, and begins to teach some of them the ways of the void.

The Horde reels from this sudden invasion, and in the absence of a way to revive / create more Forsaken, Sylvanas needs new allies to hold back the tide. With the help of Lady Liadrin, the Nightborn of Suramar are brought into the fold. Baine reaches out to the Highmountain Tauren as well as the Taunka. A new leader (or Rokhan perhaps?) rises up the lead the Darkspear, and leads a diplomatic mission to Zandalar, to entreat the aid of King Rastakhan. Varok Saurfang rallies the various orc clans, and also brings in Mag'har reinforcements from Outland.

As the conflict between the Horde and the Alliance returns to a state of total war, both factions are blinded to an old threat resurging. Azeroth's wound by Sargeras' sword in Silithus has finally awakened N'zoth from his slumber, and his Faceless Ones and Naga minions work to undo the last of his shackles. Azeroth's world soul bleeds, and the energy released is so great it's disrupting the timestreams. Nozdormu has once again disappeared, and it's up to Chromie to try and salvage the situation, lest the Black Empire, when the Old Gods were at the height of there power, bleeds across time into the present.
    I like it. Tandred was retconned however. I think it sucks because it would make more sense for Jaina's brother to rule the kingdom because he was there all along.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to see?

Well, hard to say, exactly. I want to see something FUN. I'd like a well done draenei content, but that is simply never going to happen, especially after WoD and Argus. I would like something that would invoke that Warcraft II and Warcraft III feeling (now I feel old).
    Personaly, I think the way Suramar was handled was one of the top points of Legion, and thus, both storyline and zone-design approach-wise, I'd like to see something like that again. And while I am aware that artifacts themselves are going away, I think the artifact system worked (as post-leveling character progression), and I wouldn't mind it being applied in one way or another again.
    New playable races? I think we ran out of anything even remotely viable by now, so anything new would likely have to be a stretch. Similarly for a new class, I just don't see anything that would work (as I consider tinker as a massive longshot).

Personaly, I wouldn't want to see return of Horde Alliance conflict in this expansion. We just fought off the Legion, we have an extra threat, so going at each other's throat, AGAIN, would be simply nonsensical. I mean, it never worked in the past, and it feels like something that has been done and done and redone again. And, yes, I am aware that it's World of Warcraft, but I still don't see any rafting, either.

Deleted
    You know what would be really cool ? If they went for time skip, followed with post-apo setting for next expansion. Like wound completely messing azeroth ecosystem. And 90% of population becoming raiders. Oh and all zones are silithus/tanaris/barrens.
    All zones being Silithus? Elune, no.

I was thinking about a small single-player rpg made after bombing of Theramore. A little Jaina's fangirl being left behind, having to deal with spiders or whatever mobs are in Dustwallow on her way to the Mudsprocket, the only safe spot.

On-topic: I think it's all been said - void, nagas, trolls, pirates, more Alleria, probably some Genn vs Sylvanas are the safest bets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You know what would be really cool ? If they went for time skip, followed with post-apo setting for next expansion. Like wound completely messing azeroth ecosystem. And 90% of population becoming raiders. Oh and all zones are silithus/tanaris/barrens.
    I don't know about *all* zones becoming desert - that would cause visual and theme fatigue pretty quickly. But I would like to the Wound cause some variation to Azeroth beyond just the Silithus zone. Perhaps alterations to the flow of Arcane energy (the lifeblood of the World-Soul) could cause some interesting goings-on at the various Titan test zones like Un'goro and Sholazar Basin (with their zone climates taking over and deforesting them, or shrinking their aberrant climates). Perhaps infusion with the lifeblood of Azeroth could seriously alter the Silithids into an entirely new threat and they start marauding across southern Kalimdor. Even just weather disruptions and failures as the world's delicate ecosystems are thrown off-kilter by the world-soul's anguish.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see what I think of as a kind of "Welcome to WoW 2.0" expansion - with no real central villain or lore figure but instead just a refresh of the current world and dealing with the multitude of issues and conflicts happening in the wake of Legion. The Horde and Alliance rebuilding their forces, the integration of the newer races such as the Nightborne, the Highmountain Tauren, the Drogbar, etc. etc. into the existing culture. No world-ending threat looming in the shadows or right out in the open (at least just yet), and more a series of smaller threats and conflicts not too dissimilar from Classic/Vanilla WoW.

As for the theme, I'm fine with the nautical theme, but it doesn't have to be a broad strokes kind of thing. I'm more angling for a lighter, exploration-heavy expansion. Perhaps revisiting Kul Tiras, Zul'dare, Tel'abim, and other such locales to find out just what's going on with them now that we have a proverbial breather. The political intrigues with Horde and Alliance race leader successions could be handled, with the PC's as heroes of the Legion campaign taking an important place in determining the final outcomes.
    Yes! /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to see Dragons get a return somehow. I miss them. I'd also be interested in an entire Old God themed expac. Just let us see something controlled by them. Not Void shit though. Faceless ones are cooler. I'd love to see all of the old gods brought back to life and have us be forced to take them all out for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about *all* zones becoming desert - that would cause visual and theme fatigue pretty quickly. But I would like to the Wound cause some variation to Azeroth beyond just the Silithus zone. Perhaps alterations to the flow of Arcane energy (the lifeblood of the World-Soul) could cause some interesting goings-on at the various Titan test zones like Un'goro and Sholazar Basin (with their zone climates taking over and deforesting them, or shrinking their aberrant climates). Perhaps infusion with the lifeblood of Azeroth could seriously alter the Silithids into an entirely new threat and they start marauding across southern Kalimdor. Even just weather disruptions and failures as the world's delicate ecosystems are thrown off-kilter by the world-soul's anguish.
    You know what would be really cool ? If they did something similar to morrowind blighted sandstorms. And since we have already phasing/WQs, they could do something like altering entire area that is currently experiencing it, giving it other and much stronger monsters, and unique set of quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    I want:
    Pirates
    Sea-life
    Adventure
    Smaller scale stories
    Azshara
    Trolls
    I'd also love to go back to smaller scale stories. I miss that about vanilla WoW. We had many different threats and stories but on a smaller scale. Like BRM with the false horde, the dark iron dwarves, Ragnaros and the elementals, Nefarian and his dragonkin, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You know what would be really cool ? If they did something similar to morrowind blighted sandstorms. And since we have already phasing/WQs, they could do something like altering entire area that is currently experiencing it, giving it other and much stronger monsters, and unique set of quests.
    That would actually be pretty interesting, I agree. The Invasion tech could sort of be leveraged for a similar effect - only instead of green sky and Legion dreadnoughts throw in aberrant weather and modified, hulked-out creatures in the zone. Wouldn't even have to be all end-game overworld content either, you could have a similar effects going on in lower-level zones just to add some additional challenge and give new or re-rolled alts a part of the action.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What's also interesting is, if Sargeras' sword is gonna be stuck in there, will we just leave it there or will we be trying to remove it?
    I could see a major plot point being how Cenarion circle and Earther ring are unable to mend the Wound while sword is stuck there.

Imagine every NPC in the zone getting new, raspy, rough voice because of sandstorms like dark elves.

Entire zone of 3-packs-a-day sounding like quest givers would really make me feel at home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    What's also interesting is, if Sargeras' sword is gonna be stuck in there, will we just leave it there or will we be trying to remove it?
    I could see a major plot point being how Cenarion circle and Earther ring are unable to mend the Wound while sword is stuck there.
    Enter Ji "C4" Firepaw. Great chance for cameo.

Imagine every NPC in the zone getting new, raspy, rough voice because of sandstorms like dark elves.

Entire zone of 3-packs-a-day sounding like quest givers would really make me feel at home!
    "Under the sun and sky outlander we greet you with throat cancer".

Quote Originally Posted by solmartig View Post
    no murlocs... please no murlocs
    This. The Murloc rumours scare me so much. After that pijama thing leaked, there is legit speculation for them to be a thing. I will be extremely pissed if they are introduced instead of something actually interesting.

Hearthstone is childishly silly, therefore I don't see why WoW has to fall so low just to not be "too serious". Lore shouldn't be underwhelming because people want to get silly once in a while.