Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any battle royal or survival game - PUBG, DayZ, Ark etc. Played a lot by the people I game with, I just can't find any enjoyment in any of them. I think they’re just stupid. Boring. Frustrating. Zero enjoyment at all. I wish I liked them just to play with my buddies, but I rather not game at all than play a BR/Survival game.

Starcraft 2 - I absolutely love watching pro games (either vods or tournaments with good hosts), it's just awesome to look at the high level of skill displayed by some players. But playing it myself, it's bronze league 4 life. I just can't play it. I'm way too slow, my macro/micro sucks, my army control is pretty much select all->attack. I suck so bad at it which is a shame looking at how much I enjoy watching it. Out of self protection I just don't play it anymore. Massive ragequits.

Fighting games - Like SC2, I love watching pro's, but when playing myself I'm unable to land a single punch before getting hammered down.

WoW - Started playing in 2005, on and off since 2011 or so. Can't do the commitment anymore. If I play WoW I want to play hours on end but due RL that's a thing of the past.

The Division - Sank a ton of hours into this game. Looks amazing, plays amazing but it's just bad. The devs cant figure out what to do with it which is a shame.
    Last edited by Nutri; 2017-11-02 at 01:59 PM.

Hmm, maybe Minecraft?

Don't get it.

Just for kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Any battle royal or survival game - PUBG, DayZ, Ark etc. Played a lot by the people I game with, I just can't find any enjoyment in any of them. I think they’re just stupid. Boring. Frustrating. Zero enjoyment at all. I wish I liked them just to play with my buddies, but I rather not game at all than play a BR/Survival game.

Same, the concept is nice but all of the current survival games (PUBG included) are lacking, the maps are generic and uninspired

Starcraft 2 - I absolutely love watching pro games (either vods or tournaments with good hosts), it's just awesome to look at the high level of skill displayed by some players. But playing it myself, it's bronze league 4 life. I just can't play it. I'm way too slow, my macro/micro sucks, my army control is pretty much select all->attack. I suck so bad at it which is a shame looking at how much I enjoy watching it. Out of self protection I just don't play it anymore. Massive ragequits.

I wish I was good, i like the game. But there's too much going on for me to compete lol

The Division - Sank a ton of hours into this game. Looks amazing, plays amazing but it's just bad. The devs cant figure out what to do with it which is a shame.
    This would have destroyed destiny, the problem is aiming. The AI can snipe you with a pistol from further away than a sniper, that's one of the core issues.
    The AI doesn't miss, and has instant targeting with any gun. Other than this, the game was great. Core mechanics killed it.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Pillars of eternity.
    Baldur's gate.

Basically games with gameplay like those titles. Find the combat boring and the story too hard to get into.

I managed to get into Tyranny a bit, loved the theme and story behind it but the combat is something I struggle like hell with.
    I played Baldur's gate when I was like 10, so we're talking at least 1997. Games were pretty ham fisted back then, like you new the strategy or you didn't. Baldur's appeal at the time was its DnD aspects, freedom of choice (we have a lot more of that now), and its strategy oriented combat - the key to which is the space bar or pause. If you're not pausing after every spell cast or couple of sword swings its going to be difficult, you have to adjust what you're doing constantly. Of course you could be doing all of these things and it'll still be a drag to you but c'est la vie.

On topic: MOBA games. I've played all the big ones, they don't interest me. Perhaps its because I played Dota 1 on WC3 a fair amount before the genre took off, so they all just seem like WC3 custom games with nothing new added but a variety of new heroes. That and most of the skill in the game seems to me to revolve around who can play keep away the best from the enemy heroes or enemy minions attacks. If I want that, I'll just chase someone around a pillar in arena.

Larian games, like Divinity Original Sin. For the the life of me I just cannot enjoy an RPG with such a boring setting and usually mediocre writing even if the game mechanics are solid.

Also GTAV. Twice now I played until you unlock Trevor then kinda stopped.

Deleted
    MOBAs
    I used to play competitive 1v1 RTS (Starcraft/Warcraft) all the time when i was younger, and since that genre died i tried getting into MOBAs but i just cant.
    The fact that it is team based means that not everything is in your hands and you have to pray that all 5 members of the team know what they are doing. Add to that the average game length + draft and to me that just spells total frustration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Witcher series: really dislike the combat and just can't get into it. The older series suffered from the lack of a proper open world as well, so I might give 3 a go at some point. Open world, a world that makes sense, etc. I'll still have to get used to the combat system.
    I didn't like the combat in Witcher 2 at all, but 3's combat is decently improved, should give it a go if you get a chance, maybe play a friend's copy before you buy it, to make sure.

For me, it's the Star Wars Jedi Knight games, I want to like them, but I just can't get into it... Everyone goes on about how amazing the combat is and to me it just feels unfathomably awful.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Overwatch. Nobody wants to play the boring heroes but if you don't pick them you just get streamrolled. I had high hopes but I much prefer regular FPS games.

JRPG except Pokemon. I just can't stand art styles from korean and japanese games. Final Fantasy is the worst offender. I just can't take the characters seriously. The funny thing is I like many anime series. I want to like them because I like RPG and feel like I miss out a lot.

FF14. All 3 of my room mates play it but it just felt way too slow leveling up and I don't want to be paying for 3 subs at a time (subbed to ESO and WoW. I couldn't get past level 12. I kept getting disconnected from server because apparently I bought the game when the new expansion came out so I barely even got to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Undertale: I am getting tired of this indy pixel shit, it's 2017 not 1985. There are good indy games out there but I prfer the ones that have their own unique style not ones that try and be something that was created on the NES. Nothing about Undertale strikes me as interesting and yet, everyone loves the game :P
    That's because what makes Undertale amazing isn't anything to do with the graphics...
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Racing games.

I love motor sports, but I find playing them on a game to be incredibly boring. I prefer doing it for real... maybe that's why?

/shrug
    They are if you play them with a pad, get a good wheel/pedal and a Rift
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Dota 2 after 7.07

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's because what makes Undertale amazing isn't anything to do with the graphics...
    doesn't matter I still couldn't get into the game, I just didn't have the patience for it. Maybe I fell it to he hype trap of everyone saying "OMG ITS SO GOOD" that I was doomed to be disappointed

It is very similar too me trying to get into Breaking bad. Everyone was saying omg It's so good, that I just didn't get into it. In fact, everyone talking about it put me off.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-11-03 at 11:25 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    FFXIV; I really wanted to like and play this game, especially with the new expansion having a more eastern theme. But there's so many things that just put me off.

The general gameplay feel is really lacking like the unnecessary cutscenes on minor quests that slow the pace down, so many loading screens (especially when you have to constantly go back and forth between several places), all the quests you have to do in order to even get to the latest expansion and the combat, ugh, hated it.

Also the backwards design of some UI elements.

This perfectly describes how I felt about Darksiders 2.

It could, and should, have been a great game, but it had the early hallmarks of single player MTX lootboxes that really soured me on it. The vendor NPC from the first game had nothing for sale but lootboxes this time.

Which may not have been a big deal except that no ****ing vendors sold health potions, either, so it was either grind, grind, grind for lifesteal equipment, or gamble.

Never finished it.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwolf View Post
    I played Baldur's gate when I was like 10, so we're talking at least 1997. Games were pretty ham fisted back then, like you new the strategy or you didn't. Baldur's appeal at the time was its DnD aspects, freedom of choice (we have a lot more of that now), and its strategy oriented combat - the key to which is the space bar or pause. If you're not pausing after every spell cast or couple of sword swings its going to be difficult, you have to adjust what you're doing constantly. Of course you could be doing all of these things and it'll still be a drag to you but c'est la vie.
    The only game of this genre that I could get myself into was Planescape: Torment. The less focus on combat and the interesting universe were a lot of fun to explore and finish. But even with an amazing story and characters, PS:T gets boring because of the gameplay. Too bad we can't combine both the amazing story with incredible details and freedom of choice with a more approachable gameplay style like Witcher or Dragon Age.

doesn't matter I still couldn't get into the game, I just didn't have the patience for it. Maybe I fell it to he hype trap of everyone saying "OMG ITS SO GOOD" that I was doomed to be disappointed

It is very similar too me trying to get into Breaking bad. Everyone was saying omg It's so good, that I just didn't get into it. In fact, everyone talking about it put me off.
    So hipster syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    So hipster syndrome.
    But I like Game of Thrones, Loved Sons of Anarchy, and love video games such as Witcher and Overwatch. all popular games

So I would say I am a very selective hipster :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

But I like Game of Thrones, Loved Sons of Anarchy, and love video games such as Witcher and Overwatch. all popular games

So I would say I am a very selective hipster :P
    That's fair enough, a very selective hipster isn't that bad of a thing anyway. :P