Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    First time? Have you never been around a blizzcon before?

When an expansion is released it feels like a new game and doesn't get boring for a long time (except maybe wod :P) but patches are fun for maybe a month imo and rest is keeping yourself busy while waiting for new content. I don't think it would be much different whatever they do but who knows.

Angry

I like the game, but despite the fact that Legion is better than WoD (let's be fair, a buckle full of shit it's better than WoD), but whatever. The AP farming was annoying as fuck, so fucking annoying, also insane amount of daily quests, (reminded me back in tbc farming rep in blade edge and I fucking hated). But the raids are fun, Mythics+ are also fun.
    Argus it's stupid and disgusting, ugly as shit.

Now to answer your question, yes if the new xpack would be release tomorrow i would deffinetely rush to it, FUCK Legion, in the hope that the new expansion could be better than legion.

In order of disgustifullnes: Catalcysm the WORST shit blizzard ever made. Followed by WoD: "the JOKE".
    And then Legion a different kind of joke, where people get legendaries, by kicking balls of random mobs, really fucking joke.
    I'm from a time that a legendary took 6 months to complete and you had the sensation that it FUCKING WORTH doing.
    Last edited by kibil; 2017-10-31 at 01:16 PM.

I gave them a chance for Broken Shore, maybe it was not the best but still was bearable because of flying.

Now with Argus, they made it clear, its just unbearable. It's a Total failure and a shithole.

Can't imagine they will go for a year of Argus

No, not bored. I play casually, though, having a job and advancing my career. I do play WoW along with several other games as well, so I'm fine with the rate of content being released.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    First time?

Did you just start playing, or is this your first time paying attention? Every 2 years people start doing this since at least WotLK.
    Not to that extend... you got a brand new raid coming out which should be in 1-3 weeks max, yet people don't care about it anymore, its like it has already happened and its past.

I think I'll agree with people here saying that by delaying the raids for months while the patch is out and the content has been done and dusted creates a weird feeling :/

Deleted
    Guys... GUYS! Play other games (besides MMO's for god sake)!?

No?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    First time?

Did you just start playing, or is this your first time paying attention? Every 2 years people start doing this since at least WotLK.
    This.

/10char

Deleted
    I would skip for 100%, I am really bored of Legion theme.

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it. Where will the Wow universe takes us next etc.

Legion isn't over and it still has a whole raid tier to go.

Are people bored over legion?

I can understand why people are bored over legion, although there is an influx of 'content/fake content' by smart use of repetitive content, I think the theme itself has got boring. Had the same green fel theme since WoD, we just wanna get out of the legion world for the time being. RnG and the decrease in the skillgap could also be a reason for that.

My question to you, if blizzard could release the new expansion tomorrow, would you just straight skip legion or would you keep playing legion?
    We already know how the expansion ends as far as the Legion is concerned and we've been playing Legion for a while now. Not that Legion isn't good (I personally enjoy it) but the next fresh thing is more exciting IMO than thinking about more Legion stuff. If the new expansion dropped tomorrow I'd buy it, and would more than likely just skip to that content rather than continue playing Legion. I would at some point go back and play through the final Legion raid, but since I already mostly know how it ends that more of a completionist type thing than any lore requirement or anything.

It's always been like this. If there's an extra "excitement", it's because people are interested in the foreshadowing Blizzard has been doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing sorta happened with Wrath. ICC wasn't even out yet when Blizzcon announced Cataclysm and that whole expansion took the wind out of it's sails if I remember right. People were looking so forward to the remake of the world and finally facing Deathwing. Of course in retrospect Cataclysm is looked down upon but this is nothing new.

Legion while a much better expansion than WoD was still dried up a while ago for many people. Its funny because i was just saying it feels odd that Argus has been out so long and the raid isn't here yet. I know they probably don't want to jump the gun on it but this expansion started with a bang and feels like it is going out with a fizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Apanonar View Post
    The problem is that the patches are being split in two. Broken Shore and Argus both feel/felt like they were over before the raid even opened.
    I agree about Argus, we only explored 1/20th of the planet, shame they couldn't have done more with it. So much more land to be explored (as shown in this zone scale image)

This is the FIRST time you've seen people excited and hyped over an expansion reveal? You must have just started playing WoW in Legion, I guess.

Its the first time I see people being so keen on learning more about the new expansion and whats on it. Where will the Wow universe takes us next etc.

And this, kids, is what is known as "confirmation bias".

It's also pure bullshit. Every new expansion reveal has been met with excitement and hype. If there's more now than before, it's thanks to clever foreshadowing and players being EXCITED for what comes next, rather than cautious like they were at the end of WoD/Cataclysm.

I'm super excited to see what's next, but I wouldn't mind if Legion lasts for another year, what with all the stuff I want to finish.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-02 at 08:27 PM.

First of all, welcome to the Forum and to WoW. Both are great places to hang out and meet new people, make yourself at home.

You will learn that Blizzard always stretches final patch of content for way too long, which inevitably makes most normal humans bored.

Imagine you've been eating a nice plate of soup for a while. Soup was great, it's also good for you. Then you find out that you have another plate of soup instead of dessert or just a different meal waiting for you. And it's gonna be like that for a YEAR.

Still nothing?

See a Dr is my friendly advice then.

This time though they split the raid and the non-raid parts of the last content patch into 2 releases. For those people that have effectively 'quit raiding' in Legion but still plays WoW, having the next expansion is something that they can look forward to as they have more or less completed the non-raid content besides doing the daily Mythic+ runs.

LOL People didnt even kill lich king when cata was leaked then announced and people where hyped as fuck as well

Yeah, this isn't exclusive to Legion

If Legion is the best or worst expansion ever, the hype would be just as real in any way.

People like new stuff. Easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    First of all, welcome to the Forum and to WoW. Both are great places to hang out and meet new people, make yourself at home.

You will learn that Blizzard always stretches final patch of content for way too long, which inevitably makes most normal humans bored.

Imagine you've been eating a nice plate of soup for a while. Soup was great, it's also good for you. Then you find out that you have another plate of soup instead of dessert or just a different meal waiting for you. And it's gonna be like that for a YEAR.

Still nothing?

See a Dr is my friendly advice then.
    eating a nice plate of soup... you should see a doctor. soup is awful.