Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    What if Thrall comes back as Warchief?
    Thrall will Die along with the rest of the Aspects, they're the Torch to light the path for the Void Lords.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    You're right. But then Nathanos is also out, at least since the last short story.
    Did Medivh always know Sargaras was part of him?

Deleted
    Man. I love how every little thing makes everyone in this thread coocoo in the cabassa. Every tiny little thing leads people to think that "THIS IS IT BOIS. THIS IS THE REAL ONE!" The prologue to the book doesn't mean much really. The entire attack on Stormwind might not even happen in the book even.

Calm your tits people.

Honestly if the Horde really attacks the Alliance (Stormwind) who of the neutral faction will ever work again with a horde character? I mean yeah, they did so before, but the "i told you so" from Jaina will be pretty hard to dismiss.
    City Sieges sound great. But I doubt it will be in the real world. So it will either be phased to next expansion characters, a battleground or a scenario. I mean I am a fan of the world moving on, and I am totally not against full on war, but it will be hard to get back to peace. If they want war, they can have it but then to the death. Lok'tar Ogar!
    But that wont never happen. Something will rise and make us band together again. And this is the lame part. Again there is a bigger threat. Decide. Peace or War.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh I participated in the legion speculation thread a lot more, then again I had a source tell me ahead of time there would be demon hunters and some other changes.

It never gained much traction despite it being true, no one ever cared.

WHERE WAS MY 15 MINUTES OF FAMEEEEEE

also my source did say they'd have 2 dps specs and 1 tank, that was before they had changed it to 1 dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    You're right. But then Nathanos is also out, at least since the last short story.
    Yup. There's a good chance we won't get a cool "I WAS N'ZOTH ALL ALONG" reveal in the first place and we'll just spontaneously fight tentacles out of nowhere.

Let's be honest here - when was the last time we had a successful deception in a Blizzard story, where subtlety is the rarest commodity of all? Like, did people really start the Yogg-Saron encounter and go "Hey, this Sara person seems legit! I think we should follow her advice just hard DPS the adds and stand directly on them when they explode!"

I mean, christ, the Eredar labeled "The Deceiver" successfully deceives us literally never and has all the charismatic grace of Skeletor. (Rakeesh isn't really a deception for us when we had no prior indication of him to begin with.)

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX View Post
    As far as MMO-C being neutered as a news source, I will call BS in one capacity - though I'm not gonna go and whinge that it's some kind of giant conspiracy and "you used to be cooool man" like nero.

I recall that when Cataclysm's zones were replicated in a sandbox server and posted to MMO-C as images, Blizzard gagged it and they were removed. Prior to being a part of a larger business, I don't get the sense that MMO-C would've done this, as they posted equally sensitive things Blizzard would not have wanted posted with impunity, like the earlier Cataclysm leaks and even Wrath leaks.

I could be wrong, but I always got the sense that Blizzard did dig their fingers into fansites around 2007 or so and sanitized them in part, because CAPITALISM~.
    Blizzard sent cease and desists to basically everyone posting that stuff. Big site or not, you had to take it down unless you want to be buried in lawyers. I still have one of those C&Ds somewhere, they're pretty serious. Blizzard definitely did get more serious with that stuff over the years starting with early WotLK and it was basically completely shut down after Cataclysm.

Then they started paying attention to what they actually ship to the public and more importantly when they shipped which things to the public. We're now settling at a point where the use of a sandbox is frowned upon, but they draw the line at using one for unreleased zone previews (which is probably when you get lawyers after you). This is why neither WoWHead or MMOC had the video of the Silithus Wound featured. This is also more apparent by Blizzard attempting to encrypt map files before release. They didn't finish that system in time for 7.3.2 which is why the Silithus Wound was viewable in a sandbox. Expect that to also go away in the near future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally against the whole competition/capitalism/closed source stuff that's been going on in the WoW community for a while now. It's doing more harm than good. This is why I've built my own tools that rely on open knowledge of Blizzard's file formats and are open source to the community as a whole. I'll keep doing that until Blizzard shuts me (or my WoW account) down.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Hey, im not saying that its either bad or good. Fact is, this site has changed. All I know is that back in the day we would get awesome leaks at the front page, now all we get is the same stuff we find on Blizzards own sites.
    I'm not sure you understand where all those "awesome leaks" came from. They mostly came from things that simply don't happen anymore for that reason exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kensim View Post
    Did Medivh always know Sargaras was part of him?
    No, but the leak doedn't say the person is possessed, but the person literally is N'zoth and we were never talking to said person when we talked to them.

If it were different, we also couldn't rule out all of the others, which would be fine by me. ;D

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    wat

10char
    Exactly...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Man. I love how every little thing makes everyone in this thread coocoo in the cabassa. Every tiny little thing leads people to think that "THIS IS IT BOIS. THIS IS THE REAL ONE!" The prologue to the book doesn't mean much really. The entire attack on Stormwind might not even happen in the book even.

Calm your tits people.
    It's called a speculation thread. Did you think we made it the longest thread ever on MMO-champ by not loosing our collective shits every time something comes up?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I bet the Forsaken PC is apart of the Desolate Council.
    It might end up being the "race order hall."

On the whole "One of the main characters that everyone knows is an incarnation of N'zoth and has been dead for years." thing, if that's real, what about Muradin? A lot of other characters I can think of are either characters we've seen their internal monologue (like Sylvanas), or it's unlikely we would have known them before the switch so it wouldn't be meaningful (Wrathion). However, Muradin's sudden "oh, I never actually died" retcon has always been kind of annoying. If it turns out he really did die then, that would be a big deal, and put a completely different perspective on his interactions with the Council of Three Hammers (and also re-contextualize him being one of the ones trying to start a fight in Icecrown).

If Wrathion is N'zoth im gonna be a sad boye
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    If Wrathion is N'zoth im gonna be a sad boye
    So is Anduin.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Shoot, I must be getting old or something. Techno (ugh) with some sort of dialogue thrown over it is cool now?

Deleted
    Obviously Nomi is N'zoth. Only an Old God would ruin such insane quantities of food.

Twist. Bwonsamdi turns out to be a Void Lord manifestation who engineered the Darkspear Trolls' entire fate to manipulate events. Making Sylvanas Warchief is all part of the plan, and he'll dump Vol'jin's soul right back to us when he needs to. When you're the servant of a true Death God, dying itself can be just another part of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    So is Anduin.
    > Wrathboye born in Cata
    > Papa DW's Cataclysm killed N'zoth by accident
    > He reincarnated into Wrathboye
    >Wrathboye is N'zoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Twist. Bwonsamdi turns out to be a Void Lord manifestation who engineered the Darkspear Trolls' entire fate to manipulate events. Making Sylvanas Warchief is all part of the plan, and he'll dump Vol'jin's soul right back to us when he needs to. When you're the servant of a true Death God, dying itself can be just another part of the plan.
    It's funny how Loa turned out to be biggest jerks in all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Blizzard sent cease and desists to basically everyone posting that stuff. Big site or not, you had to take it down unless you want to be buried in lawyers. I still have one of those C&Ds somewhere, they're pretty serious. Blizzard definitely did get more serious with that stuff over the years starting with early WotLK and it was basically completely shut down after Cataclysm.
    Yeaah, don't get me wrong, I'm not singling you guys out specifically. It just reeked of "big business always wins" and it's basically confirmed that that's the case of what happened.

On the other hand, it IS nice to be surprised for a change, but on the other, until they perfectly encrypt EVERYTHING, it actually can sometimes backfire for some things to be known and some not, since we end up getting a partial picture and full panic sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post

Calm your tits people.
    While you're right in playing devil's advocate, the book is a precursor to set the events for 8.0 in motion. If at this point you seriously think Sylvannas' siege on Stormwind won't be a part of the announcement tomorrow, considering we saw that Lordaeron logo and they took the video down, you're just stupid.