Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from investigation

Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation

http://www.businessinsider.com/repub...ounsel-2017-11

WASHINGTON — A group of conservative Republican lawmakers introduced a resolution on Friday calling for Robert Mueller to recuse himself as the special counsel investigating Russia's interference in the 2016 US election.

Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida, Andy Biggs of Arizona, and Louie Gohmert of Texas say Mueller should step down because he was the FBI director in 2010, when US agencies approved a deal for a Russian nuclear-energy firm to buy Uranium One, a Canadian energy company. The deal required approval because Uranium One had significant uranium operations in the US.

Gaetz says that despite evidence of corruption, Mueller's FBI did not bring any charges related the deal and that he therefore should recuse himself from the current investigation, which has expanded to include whether President Donald Trump's campaign team colluded with Moscow to influence the outcome of the election.

"These deeply troubling events took place when Mr. Mueller was the Director of the FBI. As such, his impartiality is hopelessly compromised," Gaetz said in a statement. "He must step down immediately."

Many of Gaetz's Republican colleagues, however, have previously expressed support for Mueller and his investigation. Senate Republicans have even introduced bills to create a barrier between Trump and Mueller in the event the president attempts to fire him.

Some conservatives have latched on to the Uranium One deal recently after a report tangentially tied the deal to the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, who was the secretary of state at the time, and her husband, former President Bill Clinton.

If we are operating by the standards of the rinos and left wingers then mueller is clearly Russian deep state

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be fun to see them try and also if Trump comes out in support of this.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    If we are operating by the standards of the rinos and left wingers then mueller is clearly Russian deep state
    That doesn't even make any sense. Do you have any evidence to back up such claims?

So because Mueller didnt find anything to charge anyone with during the Uranium One thing, they're mad and wanna remove him for it?

kay, but what about the obvious corruption? I mean, that's clearly going on in the Trump white house.

The trick these days is finding someone in washington who isn't corrupt to take his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Republicans just introduced a resolution to remove Mueller from the Trump-Russia investigation

http://www.businessinsider.com/repub...ounsel-2017-11
    Oh Mr. Gaetz, you might wanna hurry then. After the third or fourth Indictment, this move will make you look peak 2017.

Edit: Genn, post like these belong in the "Politics" forum.
    Last edited by mmoc92b33f154f; 2017-11-03 at 05:51 PM.

Pretty sure if trump wanted him removed he could just remove him. Congress might need to jump through a few hoops to do it however.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That doesn't even make any sense. Do you have any evidence to back up such claims?
    Nope but I'm using the standards set forth by the democrats, for all I know your some hot Russian lawyer trying to trip me up right now

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by death87 View Post
    So because Mueller didnt find anything to charge anyone with during the Uranium One thing, they're mad and wanna remove him for it?
    You stop with your logic and critical thinking. This is #deplorable45 we're talking about here. Time for feels and hand-waving only. Please!

/s

- - - Updated - - -

Nope but I'm using the standards set forth by the democrats GOP, for all I know your some hot Russian lawyer trying to trip me up right now
    You mean the standards set forth by the GOP - THEY are the ones investigating Trump. Not the dems. In case you cared about reality instead of feels.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You stop with your logic and critical thinking. This is #deplorable45 we're talking about here. Time for feels and hand-waving only. Please!

/s

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the standards set forth by the GOP - THEY are the ones investigating Trump. Not the dems. In case you cared about reality instead of feels.
    How do I pronounce your last name is it kasperskyov?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How do I pronounce your last name is it kasperskyov?
    If you're confused by reality, just ask - we can help. But the GOP is running the show. The GOP appointed a Special Prosecutor. The GOP, in both House and Senate, are the ones investigating Trump.

Let us know when that's settled in for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If you're confused by reality, just ask - we can help. But the GOP is running the show. The GOP appointed a Special Prosecutor. The GOP, in both House and Senate, are the ones investigating Trump.

Let us know when that's settled in for you.

Sergei I'm gonna need you to relax, Putin doesn't like his keyboard warriors to get all uppity

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-11-03 at 06:09 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sergei I'm gonna need you to relax, Putin doesn't like his keyboard warriors to get all uppity
    Do what you need to as you settle into reality. But make no mistake. This is a GOP initiated and led investigation. Mueller, btw, is a registered Republican.

I bet we need another investigation in Bengazi. That's what would be best.

If everyone in the Republian party is innocent isn't the investigation the best thing for them to clear their name? Only reason you would want to end it if something is to be found.

Let me guess. The response to this will be something something something I am a Russian. LuL poor internet trolls.

Nope but I'm using the standards set forth by the democrats, for all I know your some hot Russian lawyer trying to trip me up right now
    So, you are making baseless accusations and admitted to it. Good to know.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-11-03 at 07:07 PM.

If I would say "I'm so surprised!" I would just repeat myself. Oops, I already said it...

Careful there Andy and Louie (why am I not surprised Gohmert had to stick his name on this stupidity) if you keep reaching up your asses you might just poke your tonsils.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I bet we need another investigation in Bengazi. That's what would be best.
    Also, something about emails.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...clinton-244505

Clinton something something.