Poll: If they announce legacy would you play them?

Well, my foot is officially in my mouth. Congratulations people who wanted legacy servers. Let's see how it works out.

It will be interesting to see if they update the graphics to the new stuff. Because vanilla WoW graphics...woof...

I hope everyone who kept spamming Wall of No will print it out and fuck themselves with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by JCD000 View Post
    Pretty excited for both this and the expac, haven't really played retail since mid MOP, think I will stop private servers and come back for now.
    Well yeah. A server where you don't have to worry about stuff being deleted?

No brainer right there mate.

That announcement makes me really happy. And big respect for Blizzard. They did the effort even with financial losses for sure. Just to make the nostalrius vision possible and give a gift to a part of the community. Thank you Blizzard!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Loved the look on Kaplanns face when talking about how much work it was going to be.

It'll probably be worth it when done right, if anything it'll help keep the game alive forever along with the sub.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i'm going to call it right here:
    the legacy servers will be extremely popular for a couple of months while people ride the nostalgia train and/or newer players check it out for a sense of perspective.

within 6 months there will start to be an overwhelming mob-cry about how this-or-that feature from 'now' is missing and is an essential part of gameplay, and they'll start to incorporate aspects of current game design into the classic servers.

within 15 months people will be bitching about how bored they are and how there's nothing to do on these stupid one-expansion servers, and they'll start scheduling re-release dates for the expansions.

within a couple years, the legacy servers will be identical to the live servers excepting they are a couple years behind on expansions, then a certain group of people will bemoan endlessly how there's no vanilla server, and because the hardware is in place now to make it easy to do they'll open up a new fresh legacy server and the cycle will start over.

welcome to your niche temporary distraction folks, rub your nips while it's still new and exciting because it's not going to last long.
    so they open another fresh vanilla server and earn a ton of money from all the people who resubscribe to join the fresh launch again, while they spent no money at all developing anything, as they already has the software / hardware required from the first time around? i think blizzard are going to be just fine economically.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I hope everyone who kept spamming Wall of No will print it out and fuck themselves with it.
    Not everyone said no to be fair.

I said if they want to do it then go for it but at the time the whole debacle started it seemed they had no interest.

Basically I was of the whole "decision lies with them" crowd. I'd welcome them happily but if they never wanted to do it then eh not the end of the world.

Kind of how I am with flying haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Subjective on glory days.

My glory days for me were FF11 back then.
    Well that predates WoW by more than 2 years + itsa different game If you wanna go back in time, my glory days were when i played Fallout 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Welp those people saying they will never happen will probably be feeling pretty silly now?
    Not really. I said Blizz follows the money and there aren't enough people wanting it to warrant a Legacy server. Guess I was wrong on that, but don't really feel silly over it. I made a logical argument and have no regrets.

Apparently there ARE enough people that want it for Blizz to put in the work to make one. I personally have no interest in a 2004 game, but I'm happy for those who are that will finally be able to experience it.

I'm guessing they'll charge people an extra fee to play it since it'll be work for them. We'll see how it pays off for Blizz.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-11-03 at 07:27 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Well that predates WoW by more than 2 years + itsa different game If you wanna go back in time, my glory days were when i played Fallout 2
    Oh I just meant MMORPGS in general mate.

Glory day game for me would be Crash 2 hands down.

Wonder how they're gonna do raid content? On private servers it is all beaten so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    It's not the greatest version of WoW, that honor belongs to MoP & Wrath... However, it is certainly better than what the new expansion looks like.
    Wrath/MoP doesn't even compare. Not even in the same stratosphere, really.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    Ho. Ly. Shit.

Well, you got what you wanted, now the next addon is already shaping up to be shit. Thanks.
    Delicious salt, is it necessary though?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    That opening cinematic for the new expansion though was amazing. But classic realms are still the big one for me
    I didn't like the cinematic. It wasn't even close to Wotlk or Legion cinematics to me. I guess I'll sit this expansion out. I'll chill a bit on classic server and revisit the old zones I guess
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Wrath/MoP doesn't even compare. Not even in the same stratosphere, really.
    You're right. Vanilla doesn't even enter the stratosphere of MoP/Wrath. It isn't even nearly as good.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Ahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Not really. I said Blizz follows the money and there aren't enough people wanting it to warrant a Legacy server. Guess I was wrong on that, but don't really feel silly over it. I made a logical argument and have no regrets.

Apparently there ARE enough people that want it for Blizz to put in the work to make one. I personally have no interest in a 2004 game, but I'm happy for those who are that will finally be able to experience it.

We'll see how it pays off for them.
    Oh those showing logic I applaud you actually. You brought reasonable discussions to the thread.

I meant those who showed no rationality. Should have been better with my wording. Although the lack of rationality was existent on both sides.

Nah. Not interested. If they did something REALLY cool with it, like updated all the graphics of the old world or something, then maybe. Still wouldn't be very fun to me, I enjoy all of the expansion content too much to give that up.
    Cool as a cucumber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I guess they fucking did it. Okay then.

Deleted
    Can't be touched
    Can't be stopped
    Can't be moved
    Can't be rocked
    Can't be shook
    We hot
    When will you people learn

(i'm so happy)