Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is beyond reason. Teldrassil is a god damn island/tree and they would need TOO MUCH army to get even near there ... And night elves are not god damn high elves or blood elves. They got numbers, they got ships, army and god damn Tyrande. I just cant believe it, the starting area is probably the most beautiful one in game. This is a very sad development, even more if you consider that UC is barely scratched.

Like i said its most likely phased like Theramore is

Just go to Theramore as a level 40 and its still there but go there at max level and its gone!!

So i will bet at max level Teldrassill will just be a burnt out tree with a few horde flags and the UC will be even more of a pile of rubble with a few ally flags!

In our defence, bonfire night is right around the corner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Yes. It's what ignites the faction war, literatly. I believe. I don't think it will be completely destroyed, otherwise they'll need to completely revamp the night elf starter zone which I don't see happening.
    I'm fairly sure both zones are completely razed and they're just going to bundle night elves and undead characters into new starting zones - probably Elywnn Forest and Durotar for convenience.

This is the way for them to avoid having to create new opposite-faction-content in those destroyed zones, they can go 'WELP THEY WERE RAZED AND GROUND WAS SALTED'.

Edit: Or not, they're doing the 'yay phasing' route.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean Alliance sack Undercity, whether that is in response to the burning of Teldrassil or what caused the burning remains to be seen.
    Based on the book, I'm pretty sure it goes like:

• Book stuff: Sylvanas attacks Stormwind.
    • Book stuff: Anduin successfully defends Stormwind.
    • Book stuff: Anduin gets mad.
    • Game stuff: Anduin agrees to finally help Genn move against her by attacking Undercity.
    • Game stuff: Undercity falls.
    • Game stuff: Sylvanas retaliates by burning Teldrassil.
    Last edited by Simca; 2017-11-04 at 01:33 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    What the f**k did I just read??? What the hell does this mean ??? If they mess with Darnassus, I am outta here for good.
    See you in a good game like TOR or GW2.

They said that the destruction of the capital cities happen after you hit max level. Tradechat had an interview in which that was said.
    So no need for a revamp of the starter zones nor any crazy stuff like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKhGEj3-y8o

What the f**k did I just read??? What the hell does this mean ??? If they mess with Darnassus, I am outta here for good.
    Bye then? They showed a picture where it's completely engulfed in flames, so yeah, not only Darnassus but the entire tree is pretty much gone.

This is beyond reason. Teldrassil is a god damn island/tree and they would need TOO MUCH army to get even near there ...
    Jaina Proudmoore sets the tree on fire, to start the war. Since she is alliance, no one would prevent her from getting near the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm fairly sure both zones are completely razed and they're just going to bundle night elves and undead characters into new starting zones - probably Elywnn Forest and Durotar for convenience.
    The starting zones take place in the past, they would not need to change anything in that regard.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    About time we got ride of those arrogant pointy ears on Kalimdor.

Garrosh vision of a Horde controlled Kalimdor comes true.

so another war started by an idiotic horde leader. no surprise there.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

We need a mage to open up another alternative dimension portal to get another Garrosh here ASAP! We need him more than ever now!!

10+ Year Old Account

Frandral is laughting in his tomb

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The Alliance destroys Undercity, so there is that.
    Yeah but who cares about the Undercity apart from low level undead characters? I've hated that place ever since my Taurens were forced to dismount all those years ago, disgusting tiny place with tiny tiny doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    so another war started by an idiotic horde leader. no surprise there.
    To be fair we dont know that yet

Deleted
    Why would Nightelves start in god damn Elwynn? There is a fuckload of Nightelven cities throughout the game, why not move there? Why are they splitting us in half, how do they even think that this is going to boost PvP? by keeping one side left and the other side at the right of the map and fight for sport in the sea and 2 small islands? They are out of their freaking minds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    First Alliance takes Undercity then Horde burns down Teldrassil
    fixed that.
    Its called WAR btw.

It's sad to lose Darnassus, but on the bright side, we get to cleanse the cesspool that is Undercity. Maybe life can get back to normal in parts of Lordaeron with the emogoth-zombies gone. And most likely, knowing both the Horde and Sylvanas, it's probably a conflict they start. So serves them right.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The Alliance destroys Undercity, so there is that.
    who gives a shit about UC though? it's a pretty cool city idea but terrible to navigate...tedrassil is, to this day, my favorite map and now they're burning it to the ground?! D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Orgrimmar will always be a raid instance where lvl 110 noobs faceroll your favourite heroes for transmog loot.
    you clearly never done that otherwise you knew there arent any Heroes to facerole in SoO....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    Except the part where the Forsaken were driven from undercity
    Sssh! Alliance doesnt gain territory. They only temporarily advance.

State of Eastern Kingdoms
    Undercity lies in ruins
    Eastern Kingdoms: Alliance
    Arathi Highlands is key

For the Alliance!
    Undercity isn't defensible
    Threat of Horde remains
    Cut off the north, especially Silvermoon City
    Wish they had done the same overview for Kalimdor though. To... compare.

But yeah, wonder how all this faction war is going to play out. After all, "rebuilding" Undercity might be a bit easier than Teldrassil.