Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    That's the main thing that concerns me. I don't think they're as far into development as we want them to be. Based on what we got today, I feel like Antorus is going to last quite a while.
    I'm fairly sure we had more information about new class things, actual gameplay things and new systems in previous blizzcons, right? I don't know how much i'm just trying to find holes in what we've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    I'm fairly sure we had more information about new class things, actual gameplay things and new systems in previous blizzcons, right? I don't know how much i'm just trying to find holes in what we've been given.
    We got more about classes for legion because one of the things that they were focusing on was "class fantasy". They haven't mentioned anything about classes for this expansion, which probably means we're going to get more of the same.

They also didn't mention anything about the honor system, or professions, which means they're generally happy with how they are working on live. I would have liked to see them at least address some details of what they're going to iterate on, if they are going to at all.

The biggest thing that stands out to me about this expansion is the AI. Until now, PvE has been scripted encounters with random elements, and aggro. I'm pretty sure that those "demo" dungeons are being run by AI.

You're not the only one. Everything besides the setting doesn't interest me at all to be honest. I did not have high hopes for the next expansion but it still feels like a let down to me. Warfronts sound boring af, Island Expeditions sounds interesting but I fear the RNG and the Heart of Azeroth is a cheap and shallow copy of artifact traits. And the 6 new races... yeah. Boring.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

This is by far the worst announcement reaction i have seen.

Who thought a PvP focused game would be a great idea. It's a sub genre to the real game
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    This is by far the worst announcement reaction i have seen.

Who thought a PvP focused game would be a great idea. It's a sub genre to the real game
    PvP tends to have high casual participation rates (in the past at least). Nonetheless, it seems evenly split between PvP and PvE content. Still looks bland-ish though.
    Last edited by Larrizon; 2017-11-04 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    am I the only one? Dont get me wrong,t he idea is great...
    How is the idea great? I thought the theme was by far the weakest point of the announcement. It's like they didn't even bother with storyline and just phoned in the "guys let's go with alliance vs horde 'k?"

No one in my guild wants to have a pvp oriented expac - the whole guild Discord was going WTF?!? yesterday during the announcement

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oland138 View Post
    That's the main thing that concerns me. I don't think they're as far into development as we want them to be. Based on what we got today, I feel like Antorus is going to last quite a while.
    Actually, it sounded like most of the main features were already done and in fairly playable shape. I thought the opposite. And the shorter design window would explain why they didn't have the time to figure out what the theme and story would be. This announcement sounded very much like they pushed features from the scrum backlog into sprints and then someone had to figure out what to call it afterwards

Basically the expansion sounds like a lot of fun or cool sounding with some awesome additions to gameplay, but I can't rationalize the story elements. Zandalar has always been a huge foe that hates the lesser races. Why are they all of a sudden okay with being in the presence of the mongrels? Even if they were in trouble they would never accept help from outsiders. Why would Sylvanas burn Teldrassil? She isn't completely evil and stupid. I hope they don't turn her into a villain. Why would elves that just learned how to use void magic from Alleria all of a sudden turn around and become a frost mage? What is the point of a human navy when the Alliance gnomes/dwarves can make huge gunships and planes and mechs?

Plus the fact that this whole conflict started from a misunderstanding is kind of lame. The horde didn't abandon the alliance and betray them at the broken shore.. We were over run and flanked on all sides with all of our leaders gravely wounded. Did Blizzard only watch the alliance cinematic and forget that there was a horde cinematic?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-11-04 at 07:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    human and troll lore
    it's pretty simple
    -Proffesional Necromancer-