Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus really, I don't buy the "We are using WC2 UI to present if because FEELINGS and NOSTALGIA!". No, you are using the WC2 UI because you have NO UI for them ready.
    Checked and kek'd

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    OR... hear me out here.. OR they make it have two difficulties like the Islands. One for PvE one for PvP.

I FIXED IT! HIRE ME!
    Well you came up with more ideas in that post than I saw in the dev panel.....

I just realized that the classic servers probably won't have current addons support... I literally can't play WoW without addons anymore... oh man

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I just realized that the classic servers probably won't have current addons support... I literally can't play WoW without addons anymore... oh man
    There are addons for almost every major Patch in WoW history. Private Servers are still a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, just watched an interview, and it seems like we're getting more character slots!!!
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

I tried a vanilla server before it got blasted. Playing with no addons was really weird. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Also, just watched an interview, and it seems like we're getting more character slots!!!
    I just hope we get some transcript for all those Interveiws. It's really hard to keep track of them all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHodedOne View Post
    To me is very obvious this is the first expansion of a sequel that will close this Old gods plot theme. Just like Legion ended the Burning Legion plot theme.
    For example:

WoD was just a pre-expansion of Legion, Gul´dan being the Mc´guffin to the sequel (Demons, Green fire, Sargeras).
    BfA is just a pre-quel to the next big bad boss: N´zoth. This expansions ends in the revelation that Azshara managed to unleash/awaken N´zoth with the help of Jaina.
    Mark my words.
    That's precisely what I think. They're building up for the expansion after that.

If classic servers are popular, the addon writers will have a version for them. You are safe on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    When was the last time you AV'd? I haven't played a game in the last few years where the Horde didn't almost beat us thanks to balancing. Hell, I had one where we summoned the Elemental even.
    A few months ago maybe? Most games were still pretty much zero PvP. Maybe a couple kills if one side were idiots and didn't put enough people in towers they were capping, or stealthies went North while people were still defending. Basically still one big stand around game.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If classic servers are popular, the addon writers will have a version for them. You are safe on that front.
    You can even get a whole ElvUi Bundle for 1.12 right now. These versions already exist.

I doubt that current Vanilla addons will work with the Classic Client.

FYI everyone we're in the "Battle for Azeroth" forum as of yesterday, classic stuff should go over here.

Though I really want to talk about the technical aspects of Classic, I don't think this is the place to do so (anymore).

BTW, Kul'tiras really looks like someone tried to merge Witcher 3 with ESO's Breton zones.
    Yeah. I thought of Rivenspire as soon as they showed the Hag Zone.

BTW, Kul'tiras really looks like someone tried to merge Witcher 3 with ESO's Breton zones.
    I think we'll see a lot of Easter Eggs in that Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    FYI everyone we're in the "Battle for Azeroth" forum as of yesterday, classic stuff should go over here.

Though I really want to talk about the technical aspects of Classic, I don't think this is the place to do so (anymore).
    I will just quickly say one thing: if I were Blizzard, I'd *absolutely, assuredly* was doing not "vanilla" but "any expansion" server. At least half of the effort is shared. So if vanilla servers are successful (and that depends on tons of factors) there will likely be a continuation with TBC servers, WoTLK servers, etc.

sorry, didn't notice the other thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I use stealth all the time now. It is amazing for zipping through areas of Argus, and was even better in combination with sap in Suramar--in fact. Suramar alone made far more use of the rogue tool kit, between stealth, sap and grappling hook, than basically anything besides the Fangs of the Father quest line, or the rogue artifact/class hall quests.

I completely disagree. The pacing was awful and immersion breaking. There was nothing difficult or special about hitting sap (I literally use sap constantly when navigating tight spaces or dealing with elites, or when I see a friendly target riding my direction towards a mob, or in a dozen other situations--so this isn't something that's gone). What about Vanilla pacing was "sensible" or immersive?

"Hey there group of enemies, I'm just going to drag one of you away from camp and fight him, and since he happened to crit me twice and I'm now below half health, I'm just going to sit here next to your camp and stuff my face full of banana bread to heal. You just hang out there for 20 seconds while I stare at my computer screen and really feel that RAW RPG immersion."

Don't be deliberately obtuse. "Buying items" isn't busywork. Stopping by a vendor to buy 100 of an item that you then completely disregard because you need it to use an ability is absolutely busywork. Having to go to a vendor, buy a bunch of one ingredient and a bunch of another ingredient and then hit craft all and afk for a couple minutes to restock on poisons was busywork. "There's busywork now too!" Isn't a good reason to bring back crappy old busywork too.

You do pool resources if you are playing most classes to their full efficiency. I wouldn't bring up Wrath as a good model of class design when it was an expansion where many of the melee DPS specs were literally "Hit whatever is up". Every expansion gets some class elements right and some wrong, and even those are highly subjective. There are a lot of people who really enjoy current demo. There are a lot of people who detest it.
    I was referring to stealth in low levels.

I think the pacing now is immersion breaking. A level 30 with greens and some blues sprinting around slaughtering enemies like a private server hacker. As I said, completely stupid with no bearing of steady progression.

What you described has no difference to buying Flasks on AH except for price point. You buy it purely for DPS purposes, drink up and set a timer every hour to re-flask. I think crafting poisons has a decent basis for interactivity and could be improved from there. It's not like current professions are any less uninspired.

I wouldn't necessarily say WotLK either in terms of pure rotation. That crown would go to Cata or MoP. Utility however is without a doubt pitiful and yes I would say with confidence that Legion class design got nothing right and only a lot wrong. The resource management pales in comparison to past xpacs, even the 'best' designed ones. Old Greg would be ashamed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    yep
    heres the link if anyones interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4lslLXhzrw

A topic I have not seen discussed;

The great use of Matte Backgrounds in the zones and the new lighting. Did anyone else notice this stuff?