Poll: Should Classic server xmog, transfer over to live?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    What are you asking? If gear you attain on te Classic server should be available to your Live server characters as if they had acquired them themselves?

What particularly are you seeking that has been removed from the game to spur such a question?
    T3 prices on the BMAH are over the top man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWDontu View Post
    They haven't said it will be a completely different game. For all we know it will be either on the server list, or on its own tab like oceanic and such. AGAIN, I'm not saying that Classic should have Xmog, I'm saying once you get an item or mount, it could be unlocked across your BNET.
    Most likely on its own tab.

And there shouldn't be any other connection than battle.net.

- - - Updated - - -

I keep saying, Classic shouldn't have xmog, just having the appearance unlocked on live. If you can actually raid 40 man successfully, why shouldn't you have the appearances? It's not like people will blow through that content or EVERYONE will have tier 3. It's difficult content.
    But, you aren't. It isn't current content and shouldn't be rewarded on live where some pieces don't exist anymore, or are very limited.

- - - Updated - - -

So many misunderstood
    You can have a shirt that gives a buff saying: "I completed the classic museum of World of Warcraft tour".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the whole point is to have a classic experience.

That includes starting from scratch and grinding it all out.

fyi: I'm all for the classic server at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    If you learn just one thing from this thread, it's that we'll always find a way to piss on your parade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    No way. They wanted vanilla, that's what they should get. I look forward to the rose tinted glasses shattering.
    AKA: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, stop liking something i cant comprehend since i started playing in Legion! Guys nooooooo, please i dont want to be alone in retail without any friends. Reeeeee"

ok bro, have fun with your warfronts.

Look at the sad little group of 15 people still trying, still holding on.... the rest of them scattered like cockroaches

Deleted
    if they dont do it so unobtainable items from the classic server can be mogged on live servers if you earned them there, i wont ever play on the classic server no reason to.

ITT entitled kids.

Seriously though, you're all a bunch of hypocrits. Before it was, YOU CAN'T HAVE MY level 60 GEAR I EARNED IT THEN!!?!1!one But you can have all other pvp gear in the entire game. YOU CAN"T DO THIS TOO MANY PEOPLE WILL GET T3!!1!!one Says the guy who bought it and not got it as a drop.

Like seriously, now that the oppurtunity to acctually EARN the gear at the level range is here you now complain that it's not "live" it doesn't count. Fuck man you're all special snowflake assclowns.

Deleted
    I don't think of this as a good idea. Part of the classic experience are the people (if not THE part), throwing in those who just came for transmog on their current expansion characters can't be a pleasant experience - for neither of them. I'm all for making all those now unobtainable items available again in whatever form (BMAH being the current one for a few mounts and T3), just not on the classic servers. That is not what they are meant for.

Knowing Blizzard it is not out of the realm of possibilities though, since they tend to make at least event items to give you a reason to play other games of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    AKA: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, stop liking something i cant comprehend since i started playing in Legion! Guys nooooooo, please i dont want to be alone in retail without any friends. Reeeeee"

ok bro, have fun with your warfronts.

I started playing at the launch of vanilla actually. Have fun with your assumptions, they are amusing.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

An amazing number of people in this thread read the words " vanilla" and "transmog" then seemed to skip over the rest. TLDR: LTFTR.

I just hope my mini diablo carries over

I think its a bad idea. To many people would be troll troll troll to get T3 and certain weapons and then bail or troll it out. I would only make it to where people that really want to play classic play classic. Putting something like this in only makes people that would ONLY be there for that showing up and not really be into classic.

WoW classic and Live should have nothing major with each other, besides stuff like Live achievements for playing classic. Giving you a special mount in Live or something.

Besides that they should be treated as separate games. And I hope they will be. Requiring their own download and their own spot on the Bnet launcher. I just hope that it is either 1, F2P. or 2, reduced Subscription. Say 50% off of Lives price, or a flat 5 USD$.

If the mogs roll over, I'll have to max out on Nax40. It's a great way to keeping me playing on Classic for months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they should allow them to cross over. There are people that still have those items that worked hard for them, and it's seen as a major mark for them to have accomplished it so long ago. A guy with a Corrupted Ashbringer was there all those years ago to get it. I'm imagining people getting to the point of selling that stuff off to people. I'm not sure that qualifies as anything more than a giant middle finger to those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    of course.
    what? you people like looking like clowns from 1-to-59, while looking exactly like everyone else at 60? no thanks.
    if you feel the need to project your e-peen, then you can just NOT-USE the transmog system yourself.

without transmog i probably wont be playing. or roll gnome cause its so tiny you cant see the gear. i dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes please. I’d like some incentive to actually bother with it outside of seeing old questlines that I never got to play.

I would like it if the stuff you earned in Classic was transferred to your real account on retail, would actually make classic worthwhile to play!
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I can see two arguments to this. Keep it classic and separate, but at the same time, you have earned these pieces and live server toons should have them as well. Thoughts?

EDIT: I am referring to gear that you obtain on Classic servers, allowed to mog on Live servers, not sending anything to Classic servers. It would just add gear from Classic to be added to your appearance tab on LIVE servers.

EDIT 2: I AM NOT SAYING CLASSIC SHOULD HAVE TRANSMOG OPTIONS.
    Knew what OP was talking about before the edits....but i'll go another step farther, unless someone already has....the old epic mounts....gimme them on the live servers if i earn them on classic....i'll take a corrupted ashbringer while we're at it....

darque

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I would like it if the stuff you earned in Classic was transferred to your real account on retail, would actually make classic worthwhile to play!
    Yeah, true. Being able to obtain those pieces from Vanilla Naxx would be an incentive to play on such a server in the first place.

That said, overall, I think it's better to keep them separated entirely.