Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sieging undercity should be suicide unless they managed to destroy literally every last drop of plague Forsaken posessed prior to assault, but whatever...

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    why ppl always talk about anduin as a little boy? didnt you play MoP on Alliance side or what? that little isnt anduin since a long time.
    Likely due to his lack of experience since he's too young to understand the trials and tribulations of being a king especially since he sought a different path away from the throne while Varian was alive.

What I don't get is how we went from an otherwise meek, intelligent and sensible person who actively avoided conflict to Emperor God King adored in literal plot armor which would make a medieval Knight blush while in the middle of the battle for Lordaeron within very little time. The fact that he cast a spell is my least bit of contention with his character in the opening cinematic since he is, ultimately, attuned to the light.

It's especially damning if this is happening before Sylvanas burns down Teldrassil. Then again, Genn is his adviser and he'd turn the world and everyone in it to ash if it meant killing Sylvanas.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anduin has been training as a priest at least since a little bit before MoP.

Now we're shocked that is portrayed to use the Holy Light in a cinematic?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, blizzard is making too much pathos out of their characters. Sylvanas looks much more real in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    You mean Sylvanas first doing agile Elf things, destroying a siege tower that relied on way too elaborate mechanism to function by shooting said mechanism and then used established Banshee abilities she had since W3, as opposed to Anduin pulling a never seen before god tier spell out of his ass? What is legit is your comparison here.
    Thank you for your ever so erudite thoughts.
    Yes, Sylvanas doing over-the-top Elf things and magical banshee stuff is about as BS as Anduin making a giant healing sphere. It's almost as if characters consistently display powers that can't be used by players.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Whole cinematic was dumb anyway, I mean, why were the forsaken shooting arrows. It should have went like this.
    Yeah, not a smudge of Blight is really stupid. "Guys, Alliance marched all the way to Lordaeron already, but I know you dislike the Blight so I won't use it at all even though I'm the Warchief, tee hee. Oh, by the way, look at me using these shadow-based abilities given to me by Arthas, that's so much better." Also, why do all of those videos from Warhammer Total War include High Elf shield infantry as the fodder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Thank you for your ever so erudite thoughts.
    Yes, Sylvanas doing over-the-top Elf things and magical banshee stuff is about as BS as Anduin making a giant healing sphere. It's almost as if characters consistently display powers that can't be used by players.
    I'm almost positive horde players will be destroying those tower things in the expansion.

I'm also positive players won't be summoning giant balls of Light that heal entire armies in the expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    EDIT: Verdugo raised a good point with the Forsaken not using plague on tightly positioned Alliance forces.
    Something I think is more interesting than their not using plague is the lack of Forsaken on the front lines. I could be mistaken, but I didn't see any Forsaken among the Horde not on the wall. In fact, it seemed to only be Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls on the front lines.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

It was "Divine Hymn". Do you guys even play wow?!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=64843/divine-hymn

Big aoe heal, long time cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathbourne View Post
    Dude was trained by Velen. If anyone can teach you anime-ish light powers its that guy.He's a terrible fighter let him atleast heal......
    He's not necessarily a terrible fighter,he fought 4 guys,killed 3,the 4th was Saurfang
    You don't beat Saurfang in a 1v1 fight

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    It was "Divine Hymn". Do you guys even play wow?!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=64843/divine-hymn

Big aoe heal, long time cast.

Yeah, clearly, how could I miss Anduin singing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    EDIT: Verdugo raised a good point with the Forsaken not using plague on tightly positioned Alliance forces.
    What if Forsaken have an annual sludge party where they dump all their Blight into the ocean and Alliance used the day afterwards as an opportunity to strike?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Anduin was a disc priest and he’s trying to be a warrior like his dad. That sort of makes him a paladin, but it doesn’t look like he intended to use the light at all until he was totally cornered. He isn’t a good warrior though, as seen in the cinematic. I think he’s going to get self reflective and arrive at the conclusion he should be true to himself and stop trying to BE varian. Learn from your father, learn from velen, learn from genn but at the end of the day, he needs to figure out who he is and what sort of king he will be.

The spell he used was clearly PW: barrier, which for him appears to also greatly heal people.
    How I whish this would be true ... i really loved Anduin but in this cinnematic he wasn't himself...
    But this is probably too deep for Blizzard so it might be a much more simple super saijan move.

However I don't think it was barrier, it was just some big light spell combining probably Haeling ressurecting and barrier togather to reflect what an awesome priest he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Something I think is more interesting than their not using plague is the lack of Forsaken on the front lines. I could be mistaken, but I didn't see any Forsaken among the Horde not on the wall. In fact, it seemed to only be Orcs, Tauren, and Trolls on the front lines.
    It's not like there is a heavy presence of any of these races in and around the Undercity (unless the Kor'kron are still there?) so it makes me wonder how they would know to get there ahead of the Alliance in the first place without fucking up along the way.

I guess this is one of those "wait for pre-patch" things to paint a better picture.

Yeah it seemed like ress to me as well first time I saw it but after rewatching it it was clearly AoE heal, Holy Nova or something like that. You can see that soldiers he is raising are still alive just badly injured and in pain just a second ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Sylvanas' banshee thing killed like 4 guys. Anduin's thing healed dozens. Doesn't seem equal.
    Sylvanas is not a Priestess. Her Shadow abilities are not her primary offensive tool. She's a ranger first.

Anduin has always been a Priest. His combat abilities are secondary, which we see as how it took him a while to beat a random troll whereas Sylvanas was wrecking randoms left and right.

TLDR

Anduin = main spec Light, secondary spec combat

Sylvanas = main spec combat, secondary spec Shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Sieging undercity should be suicide unless they managed to destroy literally every last drop of plague Forsaken posessed prior to assault, but whatever...
    And unless they landed right in Tirisfal, it meant walking through a lot of Forsaken territory, including big towns and even cities (depending on the direction of the march) and a lot of Blight as well. And landing in Tirisfal has a different problem of facing the main Forsaken force right from the get go without establishing any solid foothold to gain traction.

The Horde steamrolling all Night Elven territory is also bogus though. Garrosh failed to capture just Ashenvale for three years. And he used even enslaved krakens or lava elementals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    He's not necessarily a terrible fighter,he fought 4 guys,killed 3,the 4th was Saurfang
    You don't beat Saurfang in a 1v1 fight
    I thought Saurfang was the one who put him on his ass then got interrupted by Genn before he could cleave?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Sylvanas is not a Priestess. Her Shadow abilities are not her primary offensive tool. She's a ranger first.

Anduin has always been a Priest. His combat abilities are secondary, which we see as how it took him a while to beat a random troll whereas Sylvanas was wrecking randoms left and right.

TLDR

Anduin = main spec Light, secondary spec combat

Sylvanas = main spec combat, secondary spec Shadow
    Sylvanas is a banshee. You know, BANSHEE Queen.

She's also significantly more experienced than Anduin. But I'm sure they'll be on par because Anduin's the biggest Mary Sue Blizzard has produced since Med'an.