Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Well I dont have the exact words, but I think Ion said he wont go into more detail about the second (tier) patch (raid) but we would fight azsahra.
    From what it sounded like, its the first major raid. Like nighthold or blackrock foundry. The other place (forgot the name) is the introductory minor raid like emerald nightmare or highmaul.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Keep telling yourself that the only info you have is the generic number of likes under a generic video from a long anticipated conference. Keep telling yourself that you "who love this game" is the majority. Ignore everything else. Ignore the unimaginably bland WoW sessions on Blizzcon. Ignore the chat going "WTF, where is the meat? what the hell you are discussing? where are the real things?". Ignore the "what the hell is that lore" / "what the hell are those feature" / "what the hell are you showing, where are the features" reactions on all forums. Ignore all that and keep telling yourself that all is well. Just don't be surprised when someone tells you two years from now that, buddy, BFH turned out to be a disaster the scale of WoD and lost another half of the players.
    "Ignore real numbers, only random comments from misinformed people matters." Oh God, I hope you are still a teen, because this way there is still possibilty you grow up someday.

Yep, I'll ignore it (in fact I'm puting you on ignore right now) and probably have fun with millions of other players next year. Two years from now we will have another reveal with new doomsayers. I'll put them on ignore too.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how Blizzard made Legion the best wow expansion so far, I am 100% confident that Battle for Azeroth will be even greater. But there is one thing that is in the back of my head, and that's the way they did Alliance vs. Horde in Mists of Pandaria. It didn't really work out that well. But the technology in wow has changed drastically and I am really looking forward to warfronts!

Quote Originally Posted by Bas Prime View Post
    Well I dont have the exact words, but I think Ion said he wont go into more detail about the second (tier) patch (raid) but we would fight azsahra. Nothing really that makes my words more than a speculation.
    I also am more chilled now, so I dont see it as that bad. They can make a great patch with new Naga Dungeons, raised continent with Nazjatar by Azshara and a great raid and story around it. That could work. I still have faith in Blizz
    Do you know which panel this was? I would like to go back and listen to it again. I'm okay with killing Azshara this expansion if she is the final boss, especially if it involves raising Nazjatar as a new zone. But she shouldn't be middle one, not the Kil'jaeden.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Do you know which panel this was? I would like to go back and listen to it again. I'm okay with killing Azshara this expansion if she is the final boss, especially if it involves raising Nazjatar as a new zone. But she shouldn't be middle one, not the Kil'jaeden.
    She's not Kil'jaeden, she's Guldan of this expac. This was all in What next? panel.

It was "Whats Next"
    We will be facing of against Queen Azshara. Thats his statement. Minute 59. He talks about the raids
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

The first raid will be Uldir, a Titan laboratory. The panel is "World of Warcraft | What's Next", Ion Hazzikostas talks about it at 58:00. He hints the Queen Azshara fight most likely as end of expansion boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    She's not Kil'jaeden, she's Guldan of this expac. This was all in What next? panel.
    Now this is wrong, Queen Azshara and Gul'dan are not even in the same league when it comes to the "servants of a greater power" category.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-11-04 at 04:29 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    There's always going to be negativity, it doesn't even matter what it's about. If you handed the players gold bars on a silver platter, they would complain about it being too heavy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Now this is wrong, Queen Azshara and Gul'dan are not even in the same league when it comes to the "servants of a greater power" category.
    What? I'm just telling that she will be ultimate boss of first raid tier, just like Guldan. We have no idea what they have in store for middle and last tier.

We all know that the expansion lore is only important for like the first week, after that what carries out is the content and replayability of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best blizcon ever for me. horses for courses I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Best blizcon ever for me. horses for courses I guess.
    Same. I couldn't be happier, and generally I'm pretty quick to call something shit when it's shit. I guess most people were expecting something super innovative, but I really don't see the need for that right now considering where the game currently stands. Besides the Legendary RNG, Legion is the best place where the game has been in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What? I'm just telling that she will be ultimate boss of first raid tier, just like Guldan. We have no idea what they have in store for middle and last tier.
    My bad then, but placing Azshara in a first raid tier still doesn't do her power level justice. First raid tiers are for throwaway bosses/minor villains, not legendary names that have been a staple of the Warcraft series for years.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I'm already seeing a running trend of whine and bitch threads, about lack of content, lack of information, and a litany of other "problems". How about you wait more than 6 hours to complain about an expansion that hasn't even been announced for a full day?
    The cycle of denial:
    1) They just announced the expansion, wait to judge
    2) It's just the beta, they can still fix/add things
    3) it's just released, next patch will fix/add it
    4) ...
    5) Next expansion is announced

It happened with every shit expansion so far.

Deleted
    I thought the presentations were pretty lackluster tbh, but the systems don't need to be good and working right now, I'm fine with waiting to see how they turn out for alpha/beta and so on. Looked to me like the gamedesigners been busy with argus and antorus and that the art team and so on have been working on the new stuff for longer. I'm actually surprised they didn't try to plaster pre-orders and shit all over with promising release dates, that's a good thing, they know they're not ready for that yet I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    The cycle of denial:
    1) They just announced the expansion, wait to judge
    2) It's just the beta, they can still fix/add things
    3) it's just released, next patch will fix/add it
    4) ...
    5) Next expansion is announced

It happened with every shit expansion so far.
    People whined about MoP but it turned out to be amazing.

so that cycle was broken there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    People whined about MoP but it turned out to be amazing.

so that cycle was broken there.
    I understand you are looking at what you think is an impossible conundrum: since people whine about expansions that turn out to be bad as well as about the expansions that turn out to be better, how the heck do you distinguish between these cases.

The conundrum is not impossible, here is the answer: you go and look into the specifics of the complaints.

Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    Why leave out TBC and Vanilla? Because it doesn't fit your narrative?
    No, because they aren't representative of the trend that's been happening for close to a decade.

Does that mean that Alliance and Horde should just sing "Kumbaya" and merge into one faction to defeat that enemy?
    That's precisely what's been happening. The HvA thing has always been there, but it's clearly been a rather secondary aspect of the game for a long while now. So the 'lets just start fighting each other again because we've solved all other problems' angle is awkward.

Deleted
    A lot of the criticism is justified though

This is a natural extension of Legion's philosophy of "keep them doing everything forever; if they're ever finished with any form of content on any character we've fucked it up."

The expansion after BfA will show us if this is the Cata/WoD filler to Mists/Legion and its actual content, or if they've given up on putting in any effort whatsoever.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton