Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

I am just baffled by the Alliance fighting the Horde again, how do you defend it?

The Forsaken are one thing, but there is absolutely no reason the other races of the Horde, ESPECIALLY THE ORCS, would rally behind Sylvanas to wage war against the Alliance again after Garrosh. It just makes absolutely no fucking sense, especially in the wake of Legion craze.

Like how do you even justify this premise? What would Illidan think of the fact the Alliance and Horde suddenly decide to fight each other over the Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    #allianceshotfirst

Sylvannas is warchief, you think the horde isn't going to come defend the Undercity and just let the alliance claim all of EK peacefully?

Really though, we DON'T HAVE THE FULL STORY. At least wait for the novel. Wait until we know the actual story and what happens before judging the story as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Sylvannas is warchief, you think the horde isn't going to come defend the Undercity and just let the alliance claim all of EK peacefully?

Really though, we DON'T HAVE THE FULL STORY. At least wait for the novel. Wait until we know the actual story and what happens before judging the story as bad.
    If they kill us and resurrect us as degenerate zombies, we win because of our moral superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The Forsaken are one thing
    And that one thing happens to rely upon defiling Human remains (and possibly 'damning' them in the process when it comes to their afterlives/etc) for its continued existence.

I've always said that the Forsaken are the #1 unavoidable obstacle to peace between the factions, and from the cinematic it doesn't look as if the rest of Horde wants to stand by and let them take the hit. Therefore the Alliance understandably needs to deal with the Horde in its entirety.

I'm thinking Genn will convince Anduin that the horde betrayed them at the Broken Shore and got his father killed. Particularly Sylvanas, hence invading her city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I'm thinking Genn will convince Anduin that the horde betrayed them at the Broken Shore and got his father killed. Particularly Sylvanas, hence invading her city.
    That would only just make Anduin look like a fucking retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Greymane and Sylvanas relationship will take a pivoting turn.

Look, Sylvanas is warchief and Greymane is the first counsel of Anduin. Greymane felt the horde betrayed them, in turn killing their king. Sylvanas had her dream of a timeless undead army smashed to dust by Greymane's vengeance.

The Legion is vanquished. The time to mourn is at hand... and the time to let old, unhealed wound fester.

Illidan would probably think that it's pitiful, on the other hand, this can happen because the Legion has been vanquished. Azeroth will have a champion, with the Legion it would've had none.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

You can justify it through a few concepts.

Manipulation being the one factor I believe is influencing this war. Either Sylvanas is manipulating the horde into fighting by causing problems and framing the alliance OR the old gods are actually meddling and are manipulating us into an all out war either to distract us or to try and make us eliminate each other.

The old gods are very well known for their manipulation. That’s their main way of doing things. I could easily see us being manipulated by N’zoth and/or the other old gods and that’s the cause of the war. By the end of the expac we figure this out and face the old gods in the final tier. Makes sense to me.

Another concept would just be hatred. There’s the fact Genn has had a huge hate boner for Sylvanas ever since she killed his son. He doesn’t care if garrosh was behind invading Gilneas, she led the charge whether she wanted to or not and she also used the plague. He’s been angry forever. Jaina had her home destroyed by the horde for absolutely no reason so she developed the same hatred Genn has. Sylvanas has never really cared about anything aside from her own race, so claiming territory isn’t out of her reach.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-11-04 at 04:51 PM.

Garrosh did not drag the Horde into war with the Alliance back in Cataclysm. Tensions were already high, and the spark came in the form of a deceptive attack on peaceful negotiations by the Twilight Hammer. It was his methods, and his treatment of the non-orc races of the Horde, that caused them to turn against him. He's a poor comparison for the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Has anyone thought to sit down and actually discuss what occurred on the Broken Shore? Would Anduin have any reason to believe the Horde's side of the story anyways? However well Blizzard portrayed the scene, the opening ceremony made it clear that the Alliance is still meant to believe the Horde betrayed them.

Not that I believe Anduin will make the first move either way.

I cant defend it, apparently almost the entire conflict between Horde and Alliance is based on misunderstanding what actually happened on Broken Shore, did the diplomacy really fell that much horde cant even send a pidgeon with "sorry we blew the retreat horn, our forces were decimated and warchief was mortally wounded, wed like to pay our respects to Varian" ? and then Genn picks up the scent of Sylvanas, sees red with vengeance after gilneas and broken shore and against orders attacks, making them lose their airship in the process... if politics were like this in the real world, Trump would have already launched nukes at NK and half the world would be covered in fallout....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Garrosh did not drag the Horde into war with the Alliance back in Cataclysm. Tensions were already high, and the spark came in the form of a deceptive attack on peaceful negotiations by the Twilight Hammer. It was his methods, and his treatment of the non-orc races of the Horde, that caused them to turn against him. He's a poor comparison for the situation.

Has anyone thought to sit down and actually discuss what occurred on the Broken Shore? Would Anduin have any reason to believe the Horde's side of the story anyways? However well Blizzard portrayed the scene, the opening ceremony made it clear that the Alliance is still meant to believe the Horde betrayed them.

Who was he to sit down with? After the broken shore she was busy trying to enslave a race for her own immortality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post

Believing things do not make people look stupid, starting wars out of beliefs alone does though. Throwing lives in the meat grinder should be justified by something a bit more...concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post

The entire premise is ridiculous. The fish spoils from the head applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I mean, the story is written by fucking retards, so it's not unfathomable they cannot write characters that aren't like themselves.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-11-04 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Uh I doubt any Orc would back down from the chance to kill a few more alliance shlubs for shits and giggles.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The entire premise is ridiculous. The fish spoils from the head applies here.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, the story is written by fucking retards, so it's not unfathomable they cannot write characters that aren't like themselves.
    Just because you hate Warcraft part of WoW, doesn't make premise of actually dropping all this "unite" bullshit for once and returning to where the game came from ridiculous
    Space magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Because Greymane and Sylvanas relationship will take a pivoting turn.

Look, Sylvanas is warchief and Greymane is the first counsel of Anduin. Greymane felt the horde betrayed them, in turn killing their king. Sylvanas had her dream of a timeless undead army smashed to dust by Greymane's vengeance.

The Legion is vanquished. The time to mourn is at hand... and the time to let old, unhealed wound fester.

Illidan would probably think that it's pitiful, on the other hand, this can happen because the Legion has been vanquished. Azeroth will have a champion, with the Legion it would've had none.
    And we even have evidence of this happening in real life. Albeit passive, the Cold War was a direct result of a bigger foe defeated, former Allies fight. The Cold War balanced on a knife edge and ONE man saved us all from annihilation.

Not a joke, it happened. So why would fantasy be any different?

Also, fuck what that emo Jesus thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    Just because you hate Warcraft part of WoW, doesn't make premise of actually dropping all this "unite" bullshit for once and returning to where the game came from ridiculous
    Did I specify this is what I was referring to? No? Then get lost with your projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    The Forsaken are one thing, but there is absolutely no reason the other races of the Horde, ESPECIALLY THE ORCS, would rally behind Sylvanas to wage war against the Alliance again after Garrosh. It just makes absolutely no fucking sense, especially in the wake of Legion craze.

Like how do you even justify this premise? What would Illidan think of the fact the Alliance and Horde suddenly decide to fight each other over the Legion?
    Human nature.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death